Gallery - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=283602.0
CROCHETERS, KNITTERS & LOOMERS WELCOME!!!
Swap name: Friendship Granny Square Swap R8 (Dec)
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: indigo_roses
Sign-up date range: 11/28/08 - 12/06/08
Date to send items by: 12/31/08
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): No.
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Yes!
All ages allowed? Yes (Parental consent required for those under 18!)
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed at least one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
I reserve the right to refuse any member who has bad communication and/or late send-outs for previous swaps!
DETAILS OF SWAP:
This is an ongoing swap, but you only sign up for the months that you want to participate.
For this round, you will knit, crochet or loom 4 8" granny squares for one partner. The squares can be made in any pattern, but MUST be made in your partner's color preference. You MUST use only 4-ply acrylic worsted weight yarn (Wool, alpaca, etc is not acceptable). Just think.....it would not be good to have a mixture of wool and acrylic squares for your friendship ghan since wool is not machine washable:))
The lovely Kookaloo_Starr pointed out that, in some countries, yarn weight is not labeled. Worsted weight yarn is classified as 12 wpi (wraps per inch). To find this, wrap the yarn snugly around a ruler. In a one inch span, you should wrap the yarn around 12 times. Worsted weight yarn usually says to use an I-9 (US) hook, which is a 5.5 mm hook. This is typically the yarn used to make amigurumi. It's the typical Red Heart or Caron brand yarn.
All squares MUST be mailed no later than 12/31.
1. You MUST put Friendshipghan R8 in all of your PM's.
2. Once partners have been assigned, you MUST post to this thread atleast once
3. You MUST provide a DC# if you and your partner both live in the USA. If you live in another country you MUST keep the receipt and provide a copy to your partner and me if requested.
4. You MUST PM me when you send & receive. COMMUNICATION is the key:)) If you see that you're going to be late sending, you MUST PM both me and your partner and let us know what's going on. We all understand that life does happen and sometimes things come up that are out of our control. If an emergency arises that will prevent you from sending your squares on time, just keep in touch and let us know what's going on and everything will be just fine:))
5. You MUST post pictures of the squares you receive from your partner in the swap gallery. If you will not be able to post pics, you need to make arrangements with your partner to post pics for you so we can all see the beautiful squares that everyone receives:))
If you want to participate you must PM the following information to the organizer. PLEASE....PLEASE... .PLEASE....for your protection and privacy DO NOT post this information to the thread.
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of Swap: Friendship Granny Square Swap R8 (Dec)
Your real name:
Mailing address including country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Do you plan on knitting, crocheting or looming your granny squares?
Do you prefer to receive knitted, crocheted or loomed squares?
Do you promise to use ONLY acrylic 4-ply worsted weight yarn to make your squares?
What color(s) do you want for your squares?
Do you or anyone in your home smoke?
Is it ok if you are sent squares from a smoking home?
Do you have any allergies?
Do you have any pets?
What other information about yourself would you like to share with your partner?
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.