A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 299,136
Currently Running With Scissors:
653 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I cant find stupid freezer paper....  (Read 10673 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2010 03:35:35 PM »

I mentioned this before, try hunting supply stores too - hunters will use it to wrap their game meat for freezing.  BIL got a HUGE industrial role of it (as in you will NEVER need to buy it again sized) at Bass Pro Shops.  I was buying the Reynolds at Highland Farms in Toronto, or the SuperStore too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
Alexus1325
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2010 08:15:53 PM »

Just thought I'd mention two things:

1) Freezer paper is indeed the white version of butcher paper! I remember my mom having a huge roll of the reddish-brown butcher paper when I was a kid because we had our own chickens. My boyfriend's dad gets his from an outdoor/fishing store for wrapping deer meat.

2) I looked high and low in grocery stores for it, and lo! I found it at the corner/variety store not 200 metres from my boyfriend's house. It was right beside the wax paper and aluminum foil for $6.99.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

christysaysrawr
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2011 01:45:20 PM »

I mentioned this before, try hunting supply stores too - hunters will use it to wrap their game meat for freezing.  BIL got a HUGE industrial role of it (as in you will NEVER need to buy it again sized) at Bass Pro Shops.  I was buying the Reynolds at Highland Farms in Toronto, or the SuperStore too.

Thank you for this! I have been searching everywhere for Freezer Paper, including Walmart and they don't seem to have it! But I luckily live very close to a Bass Pro Shop! I'll def be going to look there today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DIYitis.
Aydae
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2011 03:59:05 PM »

Yeah, I got my freezer paper at Walmart...

Another option, that I've found to work a lot better is vinyl. If you can get the big sheets of vinyl from a sign and graphic shop and cut out of that, I find that it sticks down a lot better, and there are less of those little accidental leaks around the edges. Better yet, if you have a digital copy of the image that you want to use, you can get them to machine cut it out. Not sure that it would be super economical though. But a really good product. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ladypie
My voices dont like you

Hell Yeah!! I can make anything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2011 06:45:21 AM »

I've never tried that....cost wise I'm thinking it's probably a bit more. But a good option if you could get your design cut out...like if you wanted something that was really detailed or a super important project.
I of course now that I'm not looking have been able to find it all over the place. Even though the cost is way better buying it on a roll at the grocery store, I have to say I prefer the sheets I've been buying online. It seems just a tad bit thicker and I like that it paper sized, which most of my projects tend to be around that size. And since I'm centred challenged it helps with my alignment ALOT LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Custom Effects - LiveType
Comparison Between Maya Vs. Houdini 9 5
How to Make Personalized Macro - Shake 4.1
How to Use Final Cut Pro 6 Part 4/4
How to Create 3D Diamond Sphere - Motion 3
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...