A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,923
Currently Running With Scissors:
602 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I cant find stupid freezer paper....  (Read 10719 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

imrahil
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009 02:33:39 AM »

I found something else that works: copying paper comes wrapped in a waxed paper that can be ironed onto tha fabric and then removed, just like freezer paper.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

printcutsew
Print Cut Sew! it's that simple!

Happy Printing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2009 03:42:37 AM »

ok so I cant seem to find freezer paint and am sooooo wanting to start trying to stencil, so here's a couple of questions
1. Does anyone have any idea, which large chain grocery stores in Canada sell it? I'm in Clagary and have tried all the smaller stores and so far SuperStore and Co-Op...no luck yet
2. Is wax paper a similar idea? Has anyone tried it? Pro's and con's compared to freezer paper if you've tried?

any help at all would be a life saver!
I have never seen the freezer paper with the waxy side on it here in canada- i have been asking butchers and grocers and they don't carry either! Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ladypie
My voices dont like you

Hell Yeah!! I can make anything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009 01:30:53 PM »

I honestly dont think that they carry it anywhere....maybe a little mom and pop grocery store but even then I think we're out of luck. But the site I ordered from is great and I'm having a blast creating my stencils!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bibe
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2009 08:11:07 PM »

I don't mean to revive an old thread, but I had also been on the search for freezer paper in Canada, and couldn't find any, until today, behold, freezer paper! I immediately thought of this thread as I had done a search before on the boards to see if anyone knew where to buy the paper.

Some weeks ago, I had searched many stores (Wal-Mart, Sobeys, Jean-Coutu, Shoppers Drug Mart) and came up empty. I'm in eastern Canada for reference. While doing groceries today, I found some. I was at a different Sobeys than the one from before I had looked in.

Here's what it looks like:

I picked it up, and wondered, "is this really it?" It said freezer paper after all, but it also said "plastic coated" beneath that.

And then, the box answered my question. On the top of the box, it says:
"Make non-slip stencils. Temporarily adhere the plastic side to fabric with a hot, dry iron. Peel off stencil when paint dries."

Maybe I got lucky to find some. Actually, maybe I should also go back and buy another 2 boxes Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
scarletkittycat
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2009 01:37:36 PM »

I'm in Newbrunswick and found freezer paper in my local walmart (i was shocked because they rarely have anything i need) it took some hunting through both the home and groceries section but there it was, a 50' roll of freezer paper Cheesy (this is the one and only time i have ever said "yay walmart")
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ladypie
My voices dont like you

Hell Yeah!! I can make anything!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009 06:46:09 AM »

I think it's one of those items you have to constantly check back for. I could not find it anywhere, then all the sudden I found it in all the grocery stores and even my dollar, and again a few months later, I cant find it again.
 But I still haven't even started to make a dent in the sheets of it I bought online LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
imrahil
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009 08:27:28 AM »

Is there a quilting supplies store near where you live? They'll probably be able to help you find something that works like freezer paper.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

badger4

One day I'm gonna dig my way outa this cage.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2009 06:41:40 PM »

I'm in Canada, too (Winnipeg).  I found some freezer paper at the SuperStore about 5 or 6 years ago but have not looked for more lately because I still have a lot left.  Someone else mentioned that copier paper comes wrapped in similar paper (I have quite a bit of that, too).  I just want to add something about the copier paper wrappers - some of it works and some of it doesn't.  I always test a little piece of it before I make a stencil or use it for patchwork piecing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
clashcityrocker
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2010 11:40:16 AM »

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Haha okay, so today I was in the Village and dropped by Safeway, and voila!

The Safeway on Osbourne and River in Winnipeg carries Reynold's brand freezer paper...50' for $6.69. I imagine other Safeways carry it too, but I haven't checked yet.

I was looking for it too, and thusfar, this is the only place I've been able to find it.
Hope this helps you out Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You're like Sidney Vicious!"
korok

Whoever dies with the most fabric wins!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2010 04:33:57 PM »

I found freezer paper at A&P (Metro now, not sure if they still have it). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Guinness Museum of Automata
Jesse Hackett Sculpts Recycled Instruments
Tristan Eaton Recycles Garbage Into Art
Incredible Sculptures Made Out of Butter
Mattia Trotta Transform Metal Wires Into Art
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...