A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,606
Currently Running With Scissors:
461 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wedding Invitations  (Read 3741 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meli-melo
« on: February 16, 2004 09:30:21 AM »

I'm new so I don't know if there is a thread for this yet but I am trying to do something creative with my wedding invitations and I have tried a couple of ideas but I guess I have crafters block.  Any suggestions?  No doves, wedding bells, or "today I marry my best friend" sentiments. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TinySoapyBubbles
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004 10:01:56 AM »

Do oyu have a theme or color scheme to your wedding?
Where will it take place?? Where is the reception... the incivte should give people an idea of the "feel' of the feel of the weding
IE: Candlight services, champaing & cake= elgant  gold embossed  inviets with pearl lined envelpoes....
A beach theme, Wedding outdoors recepton at a beach club, homemade paper embossed with sea shells in a sand color....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meli-melo
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004 06:24:10 AM »

It is going to be an elegant evening wedding in July.  The room we have rented is very Art-Deco looking and the main colours in the room are green and purple so I was just going to go with them.  In my mind I have been planning an art-deco theme to the whole wedding.  I bought a dragon-fly stamp and was thinking of using that as a running theme (for example, buying these really nice dragon-fly jewelled hair clips for my and my bridesmaids hair).  However, the stamp wasn't embossing very well and I haven't found paper that I like yet (or, that I can afford).  If anyone knows of some good invitation/card websites I would love to know about them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2004 06:31:32 AM »

My husband and I had a wedding for our tenth anniversary in September - I made our invitations on the computer - offwhite cardstock and dark green ink

Ten years ago
best friends
Doug
and
Heather
became husband and wife

You have been part of our lives
through your love and friendship

We ask you to join us for
a celebration of our commitment
on Wednesday, the tenth of September
two thousand and three
at seven oclock in the evening

Unitarian Universalist Church of Lancaster
538 West Chestnut Street
Lancaster, PA  17603

If you want some other ideas, just let me know and I'd be more than happy to share them with you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
TinySoapyBubbles
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2004 02:52:00 PM »

meli-melo: the dragon fly theme souds really nice, I love the colors too.

selkie: congradulations on 10 years =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
miss_mom

Keeping my head above water .... barely!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2004 04:12:22 PM »

meli-melo - I'm a big vellum fan - you can get vellum w/a very faint stripe in it to go along w/your art deco theme - print a slightly faded (maybe black&white) pic of you and your groom on white card stock, and print the invitation info on the front - simple is best - and use a 2 hole punch or something similar and attach the vellum to the cardstock w/satin ribbon, something w/a tassle, or in the colors of your wedding.

Be sure to show us what you wind up with - and congratulations!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  - Thomas Edison
wealhtheow
if this isn't nice, what is?

ting-a-ling, you bastards!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2004 05:29:05 PM »

I think it's really cool when people do "fun" as opposed to "traditional" when it comes to weddings. I love the dragonfly idea. It can be both fun and beautiful. :-)  

This is more of a wedding-favor idea, but I thought I'd throw it in just in case you're interested. I've seen some really cool paper made with seeds embedded in it in such a way they don't sprout until planted or dampened. The recipients can be instructed to plant the paper and watch it grow into a beautiful flower, and you can print a meaningful poem, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meli-melo
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2004 07:42:59 AM »

Thanks for all the ideas.  I love the thought of the striped vellum (I love striped things).  I can't wait for the weekend when I can go shopping for supplies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

miss_mom

Keeping my head above water .... barely!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2004 12:28:23 PM »

There are TONS of places that sell vellum, I'm sure you can find it cheaper than here - however, they do have some good inspiration  - this is the striped vellum -

http://www.paperdirect.com/productDetail.asp?useStoredQuery=1&subCatID=&superprodid=3587

This is too cool, if it works - vellum photo paper! http://www.paperdirect.com/productDetail.asp?useStoredQuery=1&subCatID=&superprodid=2550

And, I have done these, and I think they are cool - they are cachets - http://www.paperdirect.com/productDetail.asp?useStoredQuery=1&subCatID=&superprodid=8435

But this also looked very cool - vellum sleeves around cardstock - http://www.paperdirect.com/productDetail.asp?useStoredQuery=1&subCatID=&superprodid=4050

Like I said, I'm sure you can find it much cheaper than here - FWIW, I have used them before and they were good to deal with.

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  - Thomas Edison
Melwasa

Graphic designer, crafter and organizational freak

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2004 07:06:01 PM »

If you like vellum - I made my placecards with a vellum layer. First I took a heavy colorful cardstock paper that was 2.5" x 5" tall and folded it in half to be a square. I printed out a 2" square with the table number large on it and also printed a 2" square with the name on vellum. I them attached them all together with a grommet. I will look for a photo to post later..... I really love grommets so I used them for my invitation and menu as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-----------
Wasa Dezign
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jewellery Making Ideas
Jewelry Making Patterns
How to Make Bead Jewelry
How to Make Bead Bracelets
All About Beads
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...