A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,703
Currently Running With Scissors:
772 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ~*Harry Potter Holiday*~  (Read 20332 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter_swap_gallery  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2008 09:02:38 AM »

Haha I always spell phoenix wrong, until the spell checker yells at me.

see, that was my other problem.  I was using WordPad because I keep forgetting to install MS Word and WordPad doesn't have a spellchecker.   Sad  how lame.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
Krafty_Karasu

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2008 09:05:36 AM »

Everything is gorgeous! Nice job krafty! I really like what you ended up doing with that phoenix. Smiley

thank you.  and it looks better with the finish on it because it really brought out the cherry red and made everything so bright.  I can't wait to get my pasta machine so I can make more stuff!  (it's so hard to condition with just my hands, but I did it).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
mieljolie
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2008 03:09:32 PM »

Just received the AWESOMEST  Hogwarts goodies from elwynceltic! 

First thing we saw when we opened the box was the bag everything was in.  It's really great!  It's made of the cards from the Harry Potter Trading Card Game!  Very cool!  And, everything in it was wrapped in holiday paper.  Love, love, love opening presents!   

The first wrapped present we opened was a set of 3 Gryffinor washcloths which is perfect cuz there are three of us potter fans here.  I get the red one.  My daughter called dibs on the stripped one.

Next, we received a "Hogwarts Staff" shirt.  My mom is modeling it for us.  She said she wants to wear it to the movie in July.  It's perfect cuz it's long sleeved and the theatres are alway so chilly.

Then there is the best ever!  I know everyone in this swap will be jealous of this one!  We got our very own house elf!!  It's soooo cute!  Really great job.  But, of course, anything cute and cuddly is immediately claimed by the daughter.  She held it at wand point 'til we reliquished him.  She named him "Dobby".  How original, right?  We tried to get him to do our dishes, but sadly he was already given a hat to set him free by elwynceltic Hermione.  He refuses to do any chores, but has graciously offered to clear our plates of any leftovers.  Hmph.

Here is everthing together:

Thank you sooo much, elwynceltic!  We really LOVE it all.  You did a perfect job crafting for us.  There was only one complaint that came from my mom.  When she saw the Trading Card Game bag she immediately exclaimed, "Hey!  I don't have some of those cards!"  Hehe  She's been trying to collect them all for awhile now.  I think that is a great idea for all those duplicates she ends up with.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008 03:22:42 PM by mieljolie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Radmom
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2008 03:44:07 PM »

Oh my gosh, that is a wonderful package. Great swap there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elwynceltic
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2008 03:49:32 PM »

I received from my partner mieljolie Saturday, and wow... that's all I can say and it doesn't do my package any justice. If I didn't know better, I would say she went to Diagon Alley and bought everything instead of made it!! everything was packaged very authentic like. I had to take pics with my cell phone, so it was hard to get the detail, but... like I said WOW!!

First things first, was a beautifully done letter letting me know that I was considered as a candidate for Professor of Defense against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts, and that the enclosed gifts were tokens of the staffs appreciation.

On to the goodies!! I got a box of Bertie Bott beans. Unfortunately I have already made my family eat some, so they refuse to do it anymore lol.

Second, was a test tube rack of yummy candy potions.

Then we have a set of parchments, The Slytherin set, with green and brown colors.

And if I can ever bring myself to use them (I don't want to mess them up they are so pretty!!!) I received a Scribbulus Ink Blood Quill "The Punisher" from the Dolores Jane Umbridge Collection!!

Even though I'm sure the Owl Post didn't know it was in there.... I received my very own Puffskein from the Magical Menagerie. Well, it was mine, my children have now claimed it. Luckily it hasn't bitten either of them yet Smiley

That would have been plenty, but wait, there is more!! A Slytherin Scarf. It is sooooo comfy and soft, and it gets chilly here in NC so it's being put to good use. When I opened it, I saw that there is snake detail on the ends, as well as fringe, but my camera would not take a picture where you could see the different colors, so hopefully my partner has one!

And finally, I got the Draco Malfoy and Severus Snape edition hairsticks. These are so beautiful!! And again, the packaging was so professional and made me feel like it came directly from the Harry Potter world!

I feel so spoiled!! Lol, my boyfriend is afraid that this will outdo his Christmas presents this year (I didn't have the heart to tell him that he was probably right!!)

Thanks again!!!

Oh, and if she wants, send me a list of the cards your mom is missing, I have a ton of x-tras, and I can send some of the ones I have that she needs Smiley

Oops, I did forget the dreadfalls... I had the box sitting in front of me while I posted pictures, and they were already in my hair Smiley

« Last Edit: December 09, 2008 09:45:19 AM by elwynceltic » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mieljolie
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2008 04:31:51 PM »

elwynceltic, I'm so glad you like your package.  I warned everone that I couldn't stop crafting on this one.  It is just too much fun!

Sorry, I don't have any pics of the scarf unfolded.  I took mine after I had already wrapped the ribbon around it.  It was my first attempt at intarsia.  I realize the gauge is a bit large to tell what is on it.  Glad you could tell it was a snake.

My daughter wanted me to mention the (uhhum) inside of the puffskein box.  That was her favorite part.  (Hey, it's was a long ride for the poor little guy!)  Hehe  I didn't get a pic of that either, but those are the raisins in there.

There is a funny story that goes with the blood quill.  It writes red ink, right.  Anyway, I showed my visiting sister one of the quills we made and my sis slyly wrote on the back of her hand.  Then, she got our two 6 year-olds' attentions and started writing on some paper, "I must not...".  She grabbed her hand as if in pain and pulled back her sleeve.  There was the same writing on her hand!  Both kids' eyes were huge by then, and their mouths were gaping.  One grabbed the quill and proceeded to write on the paper stopping to look at her own hand after each few letters.  We were dying from laughter.  It was really hilarious.  Just had to share that.

Oh, and those other unidentified things in the box were my sad attempt at dread falls.  I saw a tut for making acrylic ones, but ran out of time on those.  All but the brown ones are removable from the band.

All the pics I took of this package are here:  http://mieljolie.blogspot.com/2008/12/harry-potter-holiday-swap-finished.html
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008 04:35:11 PM by mieljolie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Craftster formerly known as jennieingram*~

I really need a Sonic Seam Ripper.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2008 05:53:10 PM »

Krafty_Karasu, I love the Phoenix tear jewelry!  Such simple beauty!

Mieljolie, the hairsticks are astounding!

And elwynceltic, way to stitch up an awesome House Elf!   

Such lucky lucky swap partners!  And how very many exclamation points I've used in this post!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong - Spring Semester

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
beadedbyamy
I grow my flowers from seed bead.

<3 Amy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2008 06:08:16 PM »

There's some beautiful stuff here! My favorites are elwynceltic's house elf and mieljole's quill! Lovely!

Oh, and mieljole's package reminded me that I forgot to mention the awesome "acceptance letter from Hogwarts" and "list of necessary supplies" that was beautifully done (so professional, seriously) on parchment-like paper. Here's a horrible picture of them.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Radmom
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2008 07:31:02 PM »

I got my package today!!!! Thanks so much for everything it was a great swap!

I got a Hp Scarf. I knit and can you believe I have never made one for myself!!!! Shocked
Then I got one today!!!

Then I got a lovely set of Luna Lovegood Radish earrings! I wanted this for a long time!

I also got 2 boxes of homemade chocolate frogs with wizard card "dumbledore"

The hilarious part about the frogs...I went to show the kids and I kid you not somehow....one of them flew out of the box!!!! It was really hilarious I thought my teenage daughter was gonna wee herself. She could not stop laughing about it. It does not take a lot to amuse her. She got that honest by me. LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creepy Creations
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2008 08:01:54 PM »

I just love the Gryffindor scarves and the kitty scarf is sooo cute!  The pheonix bag is really cool!  I also love the pheonix frame, great job!  The house elf is adorable!  I love the Hogwarts letters, that is a neat idea!  I also love the container that the puffskein came in, how cool!  It came with puffskien droppings too!! Cheesy  How funny!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pumpkin Carving Ideas and Techniques
How to Use Everyday Items to Protect Book Covers
How to Make an Art Smock
How to Make a Cigar Box Pocketbook
How to Create Shadow Puppets
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...