A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,769
Currently Running With Scissors:
416 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: can a sewing expert PLEASE help me?  (Read 1310 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008 08:11:39 AM »

You must be very, very experienced! That is an incredible Idea that I never even thought of! Of course....that would do the rtick!

Thank you so much for all of your help. I am going to start sewing that blanket this weekend hopefully and I hope you don't mind me writing to you if I get stuck....

I don't think I will, though, because you really have given me such wonderful ideas already. And, they are so appreciated!

P.S. For anyone...

I found two pretty neat online fabric places recently....

Lura's Fabric Shop in Orofino, Ohio
and Pacific Fabrics & Crafts in Washington State.
The prices at both of these aren't too bad.
There is also one called BLUE BAMBOO and they have some great looking stuff but it's pricier.
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008 12:41:49 PM »

So your son and I have the same taste, eh?  I have two blankets like that: one faux suede on top, dark mink on bottom; the other, faux elephant on top, dark mink on the bottom.  I put a heavy upholstery weight cord trim between the layers and just about lost my mind trying to sew them together nicely.  Luckily, before I made fur pillows, I found a tip, prob on Threads magazine's site, to sew the edges together with a large zigzag right along the edge, no seam allowance.  I didn't think it would hold, but it has for several years.  And, btw, when I made these blankets the designer shops downtown were selling them for $750 each.  Just about passed out when I saw the price!

I have an art supply 3 or 4 foot metal ruler that I use to mark straight edges, and I use those chalk pencils you buy in the fabric store.  They're OK, but the wash out marking pens are better, if you can get a colour that shows on your fabric.  As long as you don't iron over the ink, they wash out.  Wish I had a t-square, though.  Sometimes I use the framing square that I bought for building things, but it's heavy and not as long as my ruler.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Are the Best Xbox 360 Games Ever?
Why You Should Buy an Xbox One for 2016
What Are the Best Xbox 360 Games Ever?
Create a 3D Printed Version of Your Spartan in Halo 5: Guardians
Halo 5: Guardians December DLC Teased
Latest Blog Articles
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...