A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,139
Currently Running With Scissors:
606 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: can a sewing expert PLEASE help me?  (Read 1196 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

terri0515
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008 08:11:39 AM »

Penlowe,

You must be very, very experienced! That is an incredible Idea that I never even thought of! Of course....that would do the rtick!

Thank you so much for all of your help. I am going to start sewing that blanket this weekend hopefully and I hope you don't mind me writing to you if I get stuck....

I don't think I will, though, because you really have given me such wonderful ideas already. And, they are so appreciated!
Terri

P.S. For anyone...

I found two pretty neat online fabric places recently....

Lura's Fabric Shop in Orofino, Ohio
and Pacific Fabrics & Crafts in Washington State.
The prices at both of these aren't too bad.
There is also one called BLUE BAMBOO and they have some great looking stuff but it's pricier.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
x46
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2008 12:41:49 PM »

So your son and I have the same taste, eh?  I have two blankets like that: one faux suede on top, dark mink on bottom; the other, faux elephant on top, dark mink on the bottom.  I put a heavy upholstery weight cord trim between the layers and just about lost my mind trying to sew them together nicely.  Luckily, before I made fur pillows, I found a tip, prob on Threads magazine's site, to sew the edges together with a large zigzag right along the edge, no seam allowance.  I didn't think it would hold, but it has for several years.  And, btw, when I made these blankets the designer shops downtown were selling them for $750 each.  Just about passed out when I saw the price!

I have an art supply 3 or 4 foot metal ruler that I use to mark straight edges, and I use those chalk pencils you buy in the fabric store.  They're OK, but the wash out marking pens are better, if you can get a colour that shows on your fabric.  As long as you don't iron over the ink, they wash out.  Wish I had a t-square, though.  Sometimes I use the framing square that I bought for building things, but it's heavy and not as long as my ruler.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mikey Likes It!
John Besh’s Grandmother’s Fried Chicken
Whole Wheat Waffle Recipe
How To Make Cheesy Beef Pizza
How To Make Gluten Free Flatbread
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...