A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,763
Currently Running With Scissors:
577 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Football Nursery for my Son  (Read 3937 times)
Tags for this thread: nursery  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ChipNClancysMom

Where Martha Stewart meets Martha Raye!

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2008 12:43:31 PM »

My son is 8 months old and I am finally finished with his nursery...now we have another baby on the way in March...maybe I can actually get this one a nursery before he is born. LOL

We are big Steeler fans, but we wanted to do a nursery with a generic football theme and decided we wanted an old fashioned look, as opposed to modern stuff.

I will try and take you "around" the room in order. This first picture is a wallpaper mural. Having sloping ceilings, it was really hard to find a wall for this piece, so I ended up trimming it a little and putting it on the slope instead of the flat wall. We have replaced the ceiling fan since I took this picture. I still have some pillows to finish for the beds and I want to add a chair rail under the mural.

The pictures above the changing table are scans of the covers of two of my Dh's favorite boyhood books. He loved reading the Chip Hilton sports series...our son is named Chip (Just a coincidence...not because of the books!LOL)

We bought this lamp on ebay...it is from Sears Robuck 1977. We also got bookends and a clock from the same era. The bucket was purchased after Easter in the Clearance aisle for $1.00 at Target.

I bought the D Fence sign from Oriental Trading Company and painted it.

I got the idea for this mural from a custom wallpaper kit. I didn't want to pay $125 for something I could paint myself.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Solitaire

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008 12:50:35 PM »

His room is absolutely adorable! You did a great job, and I LOVE the scoreboard mural!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Craft, Therefore, I AM!  )O(
skankamaggot
It seems that different people have an idea of what I am, and what I should be. And then there's me.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008 01:44:12 PM »

Oh, I really love this!  My fiance is obsessed with all things sports related, but he loves the NFL licensed stuff, which can be SO expensive, so I'm really happy you chose a generic theme, you must have saved a lot.  Plus, how cute is that D-fence sign?! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dancingrabbit
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008 03:12:07 PM »

Wow, nice job!  And extra points for doing it while pregnant.  (A year apart?  You are one brave crafty mama!)

I love the scoreboard! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fluttermuffin
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008 04:21:03 PM »

amazing job... only wish I could go back to when my boys were little and do their room like this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Dinosaur Face Paint
How to Do a Skull Face Paint
How to Do a Monster Face Paint
How to Do a Butterfly Face Paint
How to Perform Graded Wash in Watercolour Painting
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...