A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,330
Currently Running With Scissors:
566 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Felt Mascot Swap  (Read 1742 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Colourful Daze
Flying with the Faeries

Living, loving and creating in the Faerie Forest!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: November 25, 2008 09:23:42 AM »

I have been looking at the awesome felt mascot galleries and am wondering if there may be another swap round coming up?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Colourful Daze
Flying with the Faeries

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008 07:36:35 AM »

Here are the galleries. This looks like so much fun, maybe in early 2009? Anyone?

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=search2;topic=186591.0;search=img;show_complete=true;sort=ID_MSG|desc
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=search2;topic=176259.0;search=img;show_complete=true;sort=ID_MSG|desc
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=search2;topic=163519.0;search=img;show_complete=true;sort=ID_MSG|desc
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=search2;topic=157079.0;search=img;show_complete=true;sort=ID_MSG|desc
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sonjabegonia
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008 08:41:07 AM »

I think this is a cute idea for early 2009.  I recently made a set of small felt mascots and it was a lot of fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy - www.etsy.com/shop/OCCASIONsonjabegonia

Facebook  - www.facebook.com/occasionsbysonjabegonia

Tumblr - sonjabegoniach.tumblr.com
Colourful Daze
Flying with the Faeries

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008 09:00:35 AM »

I just made some too and really enjoyed it! I have PMd the original host to see if she is going to do another one. If not and she doesn't mind I would be happy to host if there is enough interest Smiley
Those galleries have some amazingly cute mascots in them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008 08:34:07 PM »

I noticed there is also a possible stuffie swap thread as well. I may be daft, but I'm not sure of the difference between a stuffie and a felt mascot, other than a stuffie may be made of fabric or something else that isn't felt. And may also be bigger? Can someone enlighten me (is my age showing?!)? Thanks! If my schedule lightens a bit I would like to try one or the other.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
Colourful Daze
Flying with the Faeries

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008 09:10:25 PM »

Hi playswithneedles, As far as I can tell a felt mascot is from 2 inches to 3 inches big/tall...I seperate the two because I think of stuffies as bigger (and I will be joining that swap as well Smiley ). Alot of the Felt Mascots I have seen are from Japanese craft books but I have a couple of patterns. Your age Smiley don't think so, I am pretty old myself Smiley though that may be why I missed out on this before! Smiley

I noticed there is also a possible stuffie swap thread as well. I may be daft, but I'm not sure of the difference between a stuffie and a felt mascot, other than a stuffie may be made of fabric or something else that isn't felt. And may also be bigger? Can someone enlighten me (is my age showing?!)? Thanks! If my schedule lightens a bit I would like to try one or the other.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2008 10:18:47 PM »

Thanks, that helps! Do you find your patterns anywhere in particular? I may have to join both of them as well....they both sound fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
littlefawnpug

I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008 05:30:11 AM »

Hi playswithneedles, As far as I can tell a felt mascot is from 2 inches to 3 inches big/tall...I seperate the two because I think of stuffies as bigger (and I will be joining that swap as well Smiley ). Alot of the Felt Mascots I have seen are from Japanese craft books but I have a couple of patterns. Your age Smiley don't think so, I am pretty old myself Smiley though that may be why I missed out on this before! Smiley

Your right.  I have 2 japanese mascot books.  And they are all pretty much about 2-3 inches, and with felt.  Stuffies are generally bigger & more like stuff animals with fabric as opposed to mascots being mainly with felt. 

Anyways, this sounds like fun.  It would give me a reason to use my japanese mascot books.  I tend to lean towards amigurumi, so I havent even cracked my mascot books open yet to make anything.  What time frame are you thinking for this swap?  Right now, im kinda busy with making christmas gifts and money wise im broke, so I wouldnt be able to do this until mid Jan or early feb.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn to crochet or knit?  I have a ton of extra crochet hooks & circular knitting needles.  Will throw in some pattern books and yarn for anyone interested in a swap.
Colourful Daze
Flying with the Faeries

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008 08:45:41 AM »

Oh, lucky you! I would LOVE to get my hands some some Japanese mascot books! Smiley
I am thinking that this won't happen until after the first of the year, maybe middle of January, beginning of February...

I would love to know how to do amigurumi but all I know is a basic crochet chain and reading the instructions tends to boggle my mind! Smiley

[/quote]

Your right.  I have 2 japanese mascot books.  And they are all pretty much about 2-3 inches, and with felt.  Stuffies are generally bigger & more like stuff animals with fabric as opposed to mascots being mainly with felt. 

Anyways, this sounds like fun.  It would give me a reason to use my japanese mascot books.  I tend to lean towards amigurumi, so I havent even cracked my mascot books open yet to make anything.  What time frame are you thinking for this swap?  Right now, im kinda busy with making christmas gifts and money wise im broke, so I wouldnt be able to do this until mid Jan or early feb.
[/quote]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IamSusie
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008 04:16:36 PM »

The original organizer of the Mascot Swaps is busy in Law School and hasn't had the free time to be on Craftster.  I was the original co-organizer (for 5 of the 6 rounds) and if there is interest, I can organize again.   Smiley

We used to keep the requirements simple with one 6 inch or smaller felt mascot or little stuffie along with one extra item and an introduction card.  It was really fun!

I can't do it until after the holidays though.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adding a Watermark in Photoshop
Non Destructive Dodging and Burning in Photoshop
How to Create HDR Images in Photoshop
How to Change Eye Color in Photoshop
How to Use the Refine Edge in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...