Do I remember your mentioning that your co-adventurers for Thanksgiving add another event each year? (in addition to the three legged race and the cranberry spitting contest, I think you mentioned, I didn't go back to look)
What was the new event this year?
The rest of us have been puzzling over what kind of sporting events you can do with a wattle of beer tucked under your chin.....at least I have
I'm sure you were the best pilgrim cheerleader ever! Love the buckles and the pom poms especially.
One can't underestimate the importance of the quotation marks when I say "'athletic'". Ahem. I will try to get them all, but I'm sure I'm going to miss one and not get them completely in order.
1. 3-legged Race
2. Cranberry and Catch (in the partner's mouth)
3. Dribbling a soccer ball around some cones
4. Tossing a football into a bin about 15' away
5. Tandem bike race (one peddles, one rides on the seat, trade places for return trip)
6. Hunt for the squash with your team number on it
7. Each team eat an entire package of the cheapest processed turkey (fake turkey for vegetarians)
8. Guzzle a cheap can of beer
9. Walk with a raw egg on a spoon, transfer to partner who walks it back
10. Tear open the waddle and drink the beer then "slam" the empty glove on the ground.
I think the egg was the new one this year, but I'm not entirely certain.