A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,611
Currently Running With Scissors:
618 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fabric stores in Baltimore  (Read 3476 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rubytue
who could hang a name on me

View Profile WWW
« on: February 19, 2008 04:26:36 PM »

I live in Harford County, but we are sorely lacking in fabric stores.  There is a large JoAnns, but 2/3 of it is crafts.  And there is a very nice quilting store, but I don't quilt and prefer heftier materials.  I miss the G Street from when I lived in NoVA. Sad  So tell me, where are the good fabric stores in Baltimore?  Which ones are worth the trip down there?

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlehajerika
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008 11:33:50 PM »

I live in HoCo too, unfortunately. Where is there a quilt store? Are you talking about the one in Aberdeen? I have wanted to check that one out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rubytue
who could hang a name on me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008 05:15:44 AM »

Yes.  The quilt store is in Aberdeen.  I have been there a couple of times, and that is where I took my machine for service.  They were really nice and had lots of fabric, but for someone who prefers home decorating weight fabrics and fleece, it wasn't quite what I needed Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlehajerika
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008 01:38:34 PM »

Thanks, have you ever been to Sew Unique in Hickory? I think that is a quilting store too, but I want to check that out too.

Also, had a thought, you might want to try Blanks Fabrics in Columbia: http://www.blanksfab.com/
I've never been there but my mom has talked about it and I think it's been around awhile. But I am not sure if it's that one, or this one:

Alexander Blank Fabrics Incorporated
2151 York Rd
Lutherville, MD 21093
Phone: (410) 561-2331

Or some of these maybe:

http://afabricplace.com/

PA Fabric Outlet Incorporated
(410) 747-4940
6563 Baltimore National Pike
Catonsville, MD 21228
-I have been here, it's small but if you are around there check it out. They had alot of trims and buttons, whole leather hides. I think this is the type of place that you never know what they would have. I think they had alot of upholstry fabrics too.

This place seems to be near PA Fabric Outlet too:
US Alteration Supply Shop
816 N. Rolling Rd.
Catonsville, MD 21228

Hope maybe that helps a little. Just search online a little and there are a few other independent ones in the city. I've never been to any of them though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

startini
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008 09:05:03 AM »

I work with a lot of quilters cotton, flannel, and fleece. Mostly I like smaller quilting stores. The women there usually don't mind answering silly sewing questions. There's a great one in Savage Mill, but I don't make it there often. another good one is in Crofton, called Tomorrow's Treasures. They are a little pricey, but a great local owned shop. They have wonderful classes and the ladies there are great! If you make it to tomorrow's treasures, pm me and let me know! I work right around the corner!

=)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just give me many chances, I'll see you though it all. Just give me time to learn to crawl.

Interested in Swaps! I'm a n00b here, so be kind =)
sleepless1
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009 02:46:42 PM »

I work with a lot of quilters cotton, flannel, and fleece. Mostly I like smaller quilting stores. The women there usually don't mind answering silly sewing questions. There's a great one in Savage Mill, but I don't make it there often. another good one is in Baltimore, called Tomorrow's Treasures. They are a little pricey, but a great local owned shop. They have wonderful classes and the ladies there are great! If you make it to tomorrow's treasures, pm me and let me know! I work right around the corner!

=)

Cheesy
I have taken a few classes there and was more than pleased.  What a great thing they have going on there.  Reasonable too.
Thanks for the hot tip!

« Last Edit: May 26, 2009 02:48:07 PM by sleepless1 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ice Text Effect in Photoshop - Tutorial
Create Glossy Sphere in Photoshop - Tutorial
Adobe CS3 Print Workflow - How Compare Different File Types
Adobe CS3 Print Workflow - How to Save Different File Types
Adobe CS3 Print Workflow - How to Create a Silhouette
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...