A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 304,768
Currently Running With Scissors:
471 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2008 Secret Santa Swap  (Read 26482 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

calluna
« on: November 23, 2008 09:37:00 PM »

Swap name: 2008 Secret Santa Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: calluna
Co-organizer: pinupmommy
Sign-up date range: 11/23/08 – 12/02/08
Date to send item by: 12/15/08

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no!
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Age requirement: 18 and up, only because I want swappers to have the option to wish for and make “naughty” (adult-themed) items, in addition to “nice”!  Cheesy

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 18 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
Anyone can join no matter what holidays you celebrate. Festivus counts as a holiday!  Cheesy
This is a Secret Santa swap, which means you don’t know who is sending to you. This swap is in wishlist form which means anyone can claim you to craft for, and you may send to and receive from multiple people. The idea is to make these packages truly holiday presents, Smiley so you’re requested to at least send a note along with the package and do what you can to make the package special, such as gift-wrapping the item(s) or including some tiny extras as “stocking stuffers”, such as candy or small craft supplies for the recipient’s craft of choice.

The minimum package to each person is 2 small items, or 1 medium. Items do not have to be holiday-themed.
”Small” and “medium” refer to time/effort or price, not actual physical size of item. What qualifies as a small item?
By time: 1 hour or less
By size: Earrings, stickers, wallets, pouches, bookmarks, magnets, t-shirt with simple stencil design
By price: $10 or less

Claiming goes through the send-out date of December 15. Each person can be picked as many times possible during the claiming period.
No matter what date you claim, the sendout deadline for everyone is Dec. 15th.

*Friends of Craftster may claim up to 3 people at a time. (to become a friend of craftster, go here.][http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php]here.
*non FOCs who have been in 1+ other swaps previously may claim up to 2 people at a time.
*first-time swappers may claim 2 (or 3 if a FOC) at a time after their 1st package has been received.
*No one may be picked an additional time until everyone has been picked. If someone has been picked 3 times and hasn't even claimed once, i'll block them from being picked. everyone needs to claim at least one person. After that, it's up to the claimer if they want to pick someone who has been claimed 6 times, when there are people who have only been picked once.

What to post on your wishlist:
DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED.
Write a mini bio including what country you are in, your holiday preferences (i.e., celebrating Christmas, Hannukah, Eid and/or Kwanzaa, plus whether you want to receive crafted items specifically for those holidays), allergies, any aversions to animal products, and preferences in colors, themes, patterns, etc. You should also add links to your wists, etsy favorites, or amazon.com wishlist(s). You can make a “Top Wishes” list at the top. Being a Friend of Craftster also helps because of the additional info available in your profile.
You must have at least 5 crafted items on your list. You can include “large” items in your wishlist, but the majority should be small and medium items, and there should be no disappointment or grumblings if you do not receive a large item—because we’re getting a late start with this swap, we’re aiming for smalls and mediums!

How to claim:
Browse through everyone’s wishlists. Make sure the "who hasn't been picked" list is clear if you want to claim someone who has already been claimed. PM organizer (unless you are claiming her, then PM the co-organizer) with "Secret Santa-claim" as the subject and who you want to claim, and what for in the body. If approved, I will send you their questionnaire. Start crafting!
I will PM you if you are picked, but I won’t say by who or for what.
To claim the organizer, send the claim PM to co-organizer pinupmommy instead of calluna!

Sending and Receiving:
You can send the finished package as soon as you’re ready, but let’s all try not to open what we receive until our holiday of choice! If the insides of the package are gift-wrapped, let us know so we can at least open the box. If there are perishables inside that need to be opened, such as cookies (yum!), let us know either by PM or by writing it on the box.

A delivery confirmation number is required for all domestic shipments. If you are shipping internationally, you must save your receipt. If shipping from the U.S. to another country, as a courtesy please share the customs form number, because it can be used for basic tracking purposes, too.
You must PM organizer when after you have sent and received. Do not PM the person you send to, because that will spoil the surprise! Organizer will send the recipient a copy of your “sent” PM without your name.
Use your initials or a code-name on the package and in your PMs so I can keep track of your sending/receiving status while keeping you anonymous.

If you want to participate, information to send to calluna (please put “Secret Santa Swap” as the subject):

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 13 years old (yes/no)
Have you read and understand all the rules and details?
Do you have a camera to take pictures of your presents?
Can you list at least 5 crafted items and/or supplies on your wishlist?
If there are clothing items on your list, what are your measurements and or size?
women-
shirt size:
bust:
waist:
hips:
inseam:
shoe:

men-
shirt size:
neck:
sleeve:
waist:
hips:
inseam:
shoe:

I usually approve within the same day, so please check your PMs before the end of your day and post your list. Failing to post your list in a timely matter will cause the swap to stall or force me to allow people to skip over your turn to be claimed.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS:

angrykittymeowmeow
baa-me-chick
calluna
craftydeb
cursive_queen
dannispring240
darkladymajesta
donniesgirl (1st time swapper! welcome!)
Homerof2
Kasie
kayrun
kevsbabe29 (1st time swapper! welcome!)
Lunamione
madmommymia
MandyLikesPie
PatriaE
pinupmommy (co-organizer, thank you!)
phoenixfiredesigns
psoupdesigns
ribbitingboutique (1st time swapper! welcome!)
RubyTuesday
selkie
silk81
spotnik
Velvet Rose
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008 12:57:48 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
calluna
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008 09:37:21 PM »

Claims Made

SENT ~ RECEIVED ~ LATE WITH COMMUNICATION ~ LATE WITHOUT COMMUNICATION

Homerof2 is sending to 11248A

Dannispring240 is sending to 11258A
donniesgirl is sending to 11258B

kevsbabe29 is sending to 11268B

selkie is sending to 11268C
phoenixfiredesigns is sending to 11268D
Lunamione is sending to 11268E
angrykittymeowmeow is sending to 11268F
silk81 is sending to 11268G

pinupmommy is sending to 11278A
Kayrun is sending to 11278B
calluna is sending to 11278C

craftydeb is sending to 11288A
baa-me-chick is sending to 11288B
Velvet Rose is sending to 11288C
Homerof2 is sending to 11288D

baa-me-chick is sending to 11298A
calluna is sending to 11298B

spotnik is sending to 11308A
kayrun is sending to 11308B

madmommymia is sending to 12018A
psoupdesigns is sending to 12018B
PatriaE is sending to 12018C

craftydeb is sending to 12028A

ribbitingboutique is sending to 12028B
cursive_queen is sending to 12028C
Kasie is sending to 12028D
angrykittymeowmeow is sending to 12028E

phoenixfiredesigns is sending to 12038A
MandyLikesPie is sending to 12038B
Homerof2 is sending to 12038C
darkladymajesta is sending to 12038D
Kasie is sending to 12038E

pinupmommy is sending to 12048A
pinupmommy is sending to 12048B

MandyLikesPie is sending to 12058A
RubyTuesday is sending to 12058B
cursive_queen is sending to 12058C

phoenixfiredesigns is sending to 12068A

madmommymia is sending to 12068B
MandyLikesPies is sending to 12068C
kevsbabe29 is sending to 12068D
kayrun is sending to 12068E
ribbitingboutique is sending to 12068F
madmommymia is sending to 12068G

baa-me-chick is sending to 12078A

spotnik is sending to 12088A

kevsbabe29 is sending to 12088B

calluna is sending to 12098A

Homerof2 is sending to 12108A
donniesgirl is sending to 12108B

angrykittymeowmeow is sending to 12128A
RubyTuesday is sending to 12128B

spotnik is sending to 12138A

craftydeb is sending to 12138B

silk81 is sending to 12148A

No flakers!!  Grin
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009 09:05:32 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008 09:37:50 PM »

Wishlist Directory

(santa / claimed)
angrykittymeowmeow (3/3)
baa-me-chick (3/3)
calluna (3/2)
craftydeb (4/2)
cursive_queen (2/3)
dannispring240 (1/2)
darkladymajesta (1/3)
donniesgirl (2/2)
Homerof2 (4/5)
Kasie (2/2)
kayrun (3/3)
kevsbabe29 (3/2)
Lunamione (1/1)
madmommymia (3/2)
MandyLikesPie (3/3)
PatriaE (1/1)
pinupmommy (4/3)
phoenixfiredesigns (3/2)
psoupdesigns (1/2)
ribbitingboutique (3/3)
RubyTuesday (2/2)
selkie (1/2)
silk81 (2/2)
spotnik (4/2)
Velvet Rose (1/1)

Gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=281638.0
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008 07:44:01 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008 09:39:04 PM »

saving one more, just in case!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dannispring240
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008 12:38:34 AM »

Mini Bio:

My name is Dannielle, and I am 21. I am currently finishing up my degree in Graphic Design. I live in California, USA, and celebrate Christmas. I'm not religious, but I do believe in all that holiday magic. =]

I would love to receive gifts that are specifically for christmas. If you would like to craft me some decorations, please leave them unwrapped, so I can have them up before Christmas Day ^_^

I love all colors, patterns and styles. I usually gravitate towards dark colors (navy blue, black or brown) as a base, with pops of bright color. My favorite color is blue. (All shades.) I love jewel tones (Burgundy, royal purple, sapphire, emerald, etc.) My clothing style is usually a vintage-y simplistic type. (As in classic/chic items, but I don't clutter with a lot of layers or colors)

I play video games (Mostly simulators like Animal Crossing, and Harvest Moon.) I love music. (My favorite band right now is Fall Out Boy. *I think I'm in love with the singer ^^* ) When it comes to crafts I scrapbook, crochet, card make, paint, sew, make jewelry, and bake. (Ok, backing isn't really a craft, but I love it!) I believe in women empowerment, traditional romance, optimism, and being caring towards all. **I do not have my ears pierced** Some movies that I really like are The Pirates Trilogy, Iron Man, The Dark Knight (The one with the new Joker), Pride and Prejudice, and Edward Scissorhands.

I don't have any allergies. I don't have a wist, but I do have a myspace. (www.myspace.com/alwyscrying240) Lol, I don't mind giving that out, I never put any personal info on it.

Ideas (I'm posting this as more or ideas to what you can craft me, instead of really specific items):
- Bracelets
- Necklaces (I like the long ones, not chokers)
- A stocking
- Ornaments
- Shirts with fun stencils
- Purse/Tote
- Bookmarks
- Scarf
- Mini picture frames
- Pencil Case
- Calendar
- Candy/Cookies

Supplies you could give me(I don't mind if they are scraps):
- Cardstock
- Stickers
- Gift Bags
- Ribbon
- Zippers
- Fabric
- Adhesives
- Punches
- Stamps
- Thread
- Paintbrushes
- Yarn
- Beads

Hmmmm.... That is all I can think of at the moment.

=]

**ETA**

If you would like, you could also craft for my boyfriend. His name is Edward. Also known as Eddie, Ed, Love muffin, and my better half.  Smiley He is turning 20 on 12/09, and about 5 foot 5 inches. He loves all things Star Wars. His favorite characters are Darth Maul, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, and Obe Wan Kanobe. Hes a nerd for Apple products, and video games. **Nintendo inperticular** We have been dating for 4 years, but do not live together.

Ideas for Edward
-Funny Shirt
-Stocking
-Ornaments
-Bookmarks...Hes always reading
-Basicly anything relating to Star Wars

men-
shirt size: L
neck:
sleeve:
waist:
hips: 34
inseam: 30in
shoe: 10 1/2

**No scarfs**
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008 02:52:00 PM by dannispring240 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am very sorry to anyone wishing to look at the pictures that I have previously posted. Photobucket deleted my account without warning.  :/

wist: http://wists.com/dannispring240
etsy: http://stumpcrafts.etsy.com
IchigoHeaven
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008 02:16:20 AM »

My Wishlist
Hello I am Shantessa I live in anchorage Alaska USA with my daughter Magdalena who is now 2 I am a single mother I am going to college to get a business degree and build a better life for my daughter and me. I am allergic to things COVERED in pet hair otherwise strays are OK but not preferred. Being a single mom makes it kind of hard for the holidays with my family  so I have made a Wishlist for different members of my family when you send them if they are wrapped please make a note who they are for so they can still be a surprise thanks so much to those who grant my wishes! Pm me or Email me if you need to shantessaknutson@acsalaska.net

We are Christians and we celebrate Christmas but anything should be fine Smiley
 ************************************************************************************
NEW WISHES
•   A Pin Up Girl Cookbook/Binder for my recipes ( it would be cool if it was filled with plastic page covers too)
•   A Crochet Wubzy like here it will be for my DD Maggie http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=275163.0
•   Any kawaii Memopads or sticker sacks
•   Any Melt and pour Soap bases
•   Any books from my amazon used or new http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/2ZIWQ19PP24Z2

•   Peanut Butter Kiss cookies (email me for recipe if needed)
•   Amigurumi for Maggie such as Dora, SpongeBob, Totoro, Patrick, Owls, Deer, Gir from invader zim (he makes her laugh), “hockey pucks” or Balls that she can play hockey with.
•   Medium sized crochet Totoro for my Mom
•   Wreath for my front door I love the colors white and red for wreaths
http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat1253848&PRODID=xprd768821
•   Swiffer Dust pads Handmade I can find the tut for you if needed
•   Salad Fingers Stuffie for my brother link here
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=279582.0
•   Large Ramones Symbol shirt for my brother
•   A Will Ferrell Stuffie for me Tongue
•   Anything from my Amazon Wishlist (there are things for my daughter on there too) http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/2ZIWQ19PP24Z2
•   Lacy Ribbons
•   Nightmare before Christmas deco tape
•   Littlest pet shop pets for Maggie
•   Soap melt and pour bases
•   Soap scents
•   Lip balm flavors
•   Lip balm tubes
•   Soap molds
•   Wax tart wax
•   Wax tart molds
•   Snowflake Brads
•   Pom Pom Yarn/ribbon
•   Turkish Delights for my family
•   Quality Sewing thread (not walmart brand)
•   Big Thick handmade blank page journal for drawing in for my dad
•   Corset Boning and Supplies
•   Large Planter with a cherry blossom tree painted on it for me
•   Deery lou ornaments for my tree
•   Crochet Sanrio characters for my sister and Maggie
•   Sanrio themed throw blanket  for maggie
•   Norwegian style hood scarf x2 for my mom
•   Size 10 mary janes for my mother
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008 01:45:54 AM by pinupmommy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008 10:57:04 AM »

UPDATED 11/28
I'll add more as I think of it!

If there are clothing items on your list, what are your measurements and or size?
women-
shirt size: 1x if it's loose fitting, 2x if it's more fitted
bust: 45
waist: 41
hips: 51
inseam: front to back 31
shoe: euro 39 wide, american 8 - 8 1/2 wide

Favorite colors are dark green and purple.
Favorite metal is silvertone - I do have pierced ears, but I've had difficulty with anything but real gold in my ears Sad

Seals are my critters - anything with seals or dealing with the celtic selkie tales is wonderful!

We collect coffee stuff - we have almost every type of coffee maker you can imagine, we also have vintage tin signs and a bunch of coffee magnets - I've been in love with the coffee bean jewelry for quite some time.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=23286.0
Our kids favorite is "give the scary lady some coffee" All I have to say to them is "I haven't had any coffee" and they get out of my way  Grin
I switched cookie to coffee in this song - it might be fun to play around with or put onto something
Now,what starts with a letter "C"?
Coffee starts with C.
Lets think of other things that starts with "C".
Uh uh...who cares about the other things.

"C" is for coffee
thats good enough for me
"C" is for coffee
thats good enough for me
"C" is for coffee
thats good enough for me
Oh.........coffee,coffee,coffee starts with "C".

Ohh....
"C" is for coffee
thats good enough for me
"C" is for coffee
thats good enough for me
"C" is for coffee
thats good enough for me
Oh....coffee,coffee,coffee starts with "C".

Hey,you know what?
A round cookie with one bit out of it looks like a "C",
A round donut with one bit out of it also looks like a "C",
but its it not as good as a coffee!
And oh the moon sometimes looks like a "C" but you can’t drink that

Sooooooooooooo.........

C....is for coffee
thats good enough for me...Yeah!
C....is for coffee
thats good enough for me
C....is for coffee
thats good enough for me
Oh....coffee,coffee,coffee starts with "C"...Yeah!
Coffee,coffee,coffee starts with "C".AH BOY!
Coffee,coffee,coffee starts with "C.............."!

MmMmMmMmMmMmMmMmMmMmMmM...

I love fiberarts - wallhangings, small quilts, placemats, pillowcases... handspun yarn

I'm a huge Lord of the Rings fan, I also like Harry Potter (I'm a Ravenclaw!) I'm a major bookworm, I'm seldom without a book.

I knit, crochet and am currently obsessed with collages

I am not fond of (despise) what Santa Claus has come to represent - Greed and the gimmees - so we've had a NO SANTA policy in our house since we got married.

I'm a Unitarian Universalist and try to honor most of the winter celebrations, Hannukah, Ramadan, Christmas, Yule/Winter Solstice, Diwali, Kwanzaa - I would love to know more about how to celebrate other holidays as well
I personally celebrate Yule/Winter Solstice as Christmas has become too over-commercialized for my taste & I find it difficult to separate that from Christmas celebrations.
We do decorate a tree, but we have 3 cats. My DS#2 has autism and tends to act impulsively and violently so unbreakable decorations are the only kind we use. That means I've had to put away most of my our ornaments... 

My husband is active duty US Coast Guard and I'm often frustrated that it's difficult to find things for the USCG with the other branches of the service.

I have far too many bags, scarves, slippers, hats and gloves. 
I love spiders - I have a tatoo of one on my toe - so my favorite Christmas story is the legend of the christmas spider. 
Secret sis/santa swaps are some of my favorites!!!

I'll add more as I think of it!!!

Selkie
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008 04:25:03 PM by selkie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

— Agnes Whistling Elk
Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Loving life being a full-time wife

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008 01:08:10 PM »

I live in Alberta, Canada, I'm 43, married to the most wonderful man in the world and we have 2 older teenage sons.  Our family celebrates the real reason for Christmas so I don't use anything relating to santa or reindeer.  For Christmas I like stars, lights, nativity, snowmen, snowflakes, candy canes and bright colors.  Everyday, I like tulips, summer flowers, snowmen, sunflowers and scarecrows and, again, bright colors but also dark blue, dark purple and dark green.  We are very family oriented so anything riske or off-colored will not be appreciated.  For hobbies I crochet, sew, quilt, do a little cross stitch, tole paint and would like to start doing more wood projects on my scroll saw.

Crafted:

Mini knit sweaters (there are examples in my wist)

Polymer clay food items - especially mexican food!  These could be magnets or just plain.

Resin bracelet with candy in it

Knit dishcloths

Purse or coin purse made from juice boxes or candy wrappers (the woven kind - there are examples in my wist)

Ornaments

Plain colored tea towels that have toppers so they can hang from my stove (the toppers can have something Christmas related or one of my themes above)

Small tulip cross stitch picture

Small summer flower cross stitch picture

Summer flower magnets

If you'd like to craft something for my sons they would love t-shirts with something relating to ice hockey or mountain biking.  A men's medium would fit either of them.

My hubby likes the Yellow Peanut M&M's character and I'd love to give him something to do with this - either a knit stuffie, an ornament or even a hand-craft magnet.

Supplies:

Cotton Fabric with Christmas lights, ornaments or candycanes (minimum of a FQ, please)

Cotton Fabric with kiddie prints (not baby prints though) - minimum of a FQ, please

Thread in any color

Straight pins with colored heads

My hubby collects hot sauce and so if you'd like to include a small bottle in the package I'd be thrilled!  I'm also very fond of sugar free gum and love trying gum from around the world so if you live in a non-North American country and pick me, please send me some  Smiley

Be sure to check out my wists as there are a number of things on there and I'd be happy with any of them!

« Last Edit: December 01, 2008 05:07:13 PM by Homerof2 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

angrykittymeowmeow
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008 01:18:08 PM »

My mini bio:

I'm 34, live in Tennessee, and expecting my first child.  My bf has been wonderful, and took the unexpected news much better than myself.  He's not a cat person, but has been cleaning the litterbox, and all my cats puke, since it makes me throw up.  We love video games, and actually met almost 5 years ago playing an online video game, Final Fantasy XI.  We love Batman, Spiderman (Venom and Carnage too), Spawn, Tank Girl (well, that's mine), The Hulk, Iron Man, and comics in general.  Also Classic Godzilla movies, Planet of the Apes, and Rocky.  We just moved, and are having a serious storage/organizational problem lol  We celebrate Christmas, but are not Christian.  We more celebrate the the spirit of the holiday I guess.  I hate my job, hate my boss, and dread each day I have to drag myself there.  My job only gives us 1 paid sick day a year, 3 days paid vacation a year, and no paid maternity leave.  The hardest thing so far about the pregnancy has been giving up caffine, as I love Coffee and Tea.  See my wists for inspiration, ideas, and my likes.  WARNING:  There are bad words to be found there.  I like vintage tattoo, pinups, punk, and japanese street style.

Ok, the list:

NEW[/font][/color]
A copy of Adobe Illustrator or an assortment of royalty free vector images in .png format that are along my taste of things I like, or packs of royalty free vector images.  Basicly, I need things that I can save with a transparent background.  I'm kind of self taught in the photoshop department, so if you can just give me a tutorial on converting .eps (I think) files to a png, that would work too!
For Ismael, my bf: 
1.  some black and white pictures of Brooklyn to frame for him.  He moved to rural Tennessee from there, and I know he gets a little homesick sometimes.  These can even be emailed to me.
2.  Some fuzzy socks and/or slippers.  He wears a size 14 1/2, so it's hard to find anything for him lol
3.  I would love if he had some sort of hanging organizer for all his action figures (yes, we still play with toys). 
4.  Maybe a dust cover for his PS2. 
5.  Maybe a naughty shirt that says something about being a mother F$%ker, but unedited, if you know what I am getting at.  He's really skinny, but extremely tall, so xxl or xxxl.  Maybe something with a pigeon saying "I represent Brooklyn"

My little sister Sydnee:  She just turned 13 this year.  She is home schooled.  My parents are ultra ultra conservative Christians.  Nothing involving magic or the supernatural.  She loves japan, CATS!!, sushi, chickens, and pokemon (suicune is her favorite).  She wants to be a vet. 
1.  Would love to get her a fleece hat with kitty ears (any color except earth tones, orange, or yellow),
2.  a cute tote,
3.  a jewelry box,
4.  kawaii jewelry (earrings, charm bracelets, necklace, rings), a journal (she loves to write),
5.  a stuffy or amurigiri (whatever the spelling is),
6.  juniors size small t-shirt, or an
7.  apron,
8.  scarf.

My niece Cait - 5 years old -
1.  a cute cat stuffy because she likes cat and my SIL hates them,
2.  a cute apron, oven mitt, scarf,
3.  um, not sure what else as my brother and SIL make a lot of money and she's a bit spoiled.  I mean, anyone that buys an (at the time), 4 year old a brand new coach purse has materialistic issues lol 

My mom:  works full time, home schools, helps run a sheep farm, and has lots of health issues.
1.   prayer journal for her with inspirational biblical quotes, 
2.  cookie cutters (she collects them),
3.  beaded earrings and/or necklaces (long please) in earth tones or jewel tones,
4.  handmade candles (she loves the Yankee Candle Sea Breeze or something scent, clean scents, and apple cinnamon),
5.  handmade soaps,
6.  soft scarf,
7.  body butters, scrubs, no bath items though, only things that can be used in the shower,
8.  hand spun/dyed yarn. 
9.  She enjoys needle felting, spinning, and sewing.  Never misses fiber fest!

My BFF Tonya:  She is a Unitarian Universalist.  In fact, if anyone caught the story about the man that went in to a Unitarian Universalist church during a childrens program and started shooting, well, that was her church.  She is majoring in religious studies, has a rotweiler (I can't spell) and a golden retriever that are driving her crazy.  She just bought a house and has nothing but problems with it. 
1.  Relaxing scents in the form of candles, incense, and bath products.
2.  A sign for her door with maybe a rotty (hers is named Roma) and something like "All guests must be approved by the Rotwieler" or however it is spelled. 
3.  Homemade dog treats,
4.  books on any religion
5.  Some fuzzy socks or slippers size 8. 
6.  Yummy diabetic recipes, so maybe she will start to take better care of herself when it comes to her diabetes. 
7.  Size XL shirt with something about being proud of being a bleeding heart liberal. 
8.  Book tote or reusable shopping bags.

My other BFF Vanessa:  She, Tonya, and I have been friends since kindergarten, and they are my family.  She is ultra conservative, ultra republican.  Works to much.  Recently went through a divorce, so something being a liberated woman.  She has 2 doggie children also: a pug named buddah, and a boston terrior named moxie.  Some nice treats, toys for them.  Her and Tonya both are dying to have children, hence the puppy children.  Funky jewelry, a scarf in earth tones, pampery things.  A naughty journal!

The baby of unknown sex and unknown name (lol) -  you name it!  bibs, shirts, onsies inspired by my wist and/or our likes.  There was one in particular that we saw that had godzilla and said "I'm big in Japan".  Another Ismael likes was my daddy can kick your daddy's a$$.  You get the idea.  Blankets, quilts, burp cloths, booties, all those baby things.  I'm of mostly irish and german decent, and he's Puerto Rican, so this baby will probably be "blessed" with a temper lol

Last but not least, me:
1.  a xl maternity shirt with something about not touching my belly.  This is really going to be a serious issue for me, strangers touching my stomach.  It sounds terrible, I know, but I'm not going to take it well. 
2.  Funky, original, fun jewelry,
3.  organizational anything,
4.  something for my kitchen to store sugar, tea, flour and coffee (kitchen is in red and cherries),
5.  a simple panel or two curtain for the kitchen ( about 3ft across, 4 foot long) I have no curtain for this particular window that I have to walk past when I get out of the shower,
6.  a necklace organizer hanger thingie (there are a couple on my wist),
7.  a surprise from my wist, amazon wish list, or my etsy favorites: angrykitty is my screen name, not sure how to post a link to it. 
8.  A bonsai tree!  I'm obsessed with them.  Also cherry blossoms.
9.  A copy of Princess Mononoke, used would be fine.  I really want it and won't buy it for myself, as this is the time of year to think of others lol
10.  Fun throw pillows. 
11.  Soft and fuzzy comfort things.
12.  Eye pillow and/or sleep mask

I don't care for yellow and orange, in wearables or decor.  It's ok if these are accent colors, but not the main color. 

ORNAMENTS FOR THE TREE!  Don't wrap these, as I will want to put them on it lol

Staionary, blank cards, paper, etc for all (except the baby of unknown sex)!  Also, tree of life pendants for any girl on the list, including ME!

Supplies:

Linen tea towels I can embroider for gifts
embroidery patterns, thread, anything (I love vintage and sublime stitching)
jewelry findings - especially for charm bracelets, necklaces, and rings
fabric
crock pot cookbook
Herbs
Learn to bead kit
Scrabble tile pendant kit
t-shirt stabilizer for embroidering stretchy shirts
Transfer pen and paper for embroidery patterns.
Resin kit
soap making supplies
Learn to crochet kit

Ok, sorry it's so long

women-
shirt size: XL
bust: 40" for now
waist: it get's bigger every day, 36" pre-preggo
hips: Child bearing
inseam: I'm 5'4"
shoe: 9

men-
shirt size: xl - xxxl
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008 03:39:50 AM by angrykittymeowmeow » THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY COMPUTER IS OFFICIALLY DEAD!  I WILL BE OFF CRAFTSTER UNTIL LATE FEB, EARLY MARCH WHEN I BUY ANOTHER.
Velvet Rose
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008 04:06:29 PM »

UPDATED UPDATED UPDATED UPDATED

ABOUT ME

I live in Sydney, Australia and have 3 children aged between 8 and 17. Santa brings a few simple gifts for my children but is certainly not the main focus.

I usually love this time of the year and in the past have adopted a lot of European customs (such as an advent wreath, an advent calendar, a visit from St Nicholas, going to carol services and medieval mystery plays etc etc) which have enriched our family's Christmas.

But this year I am finding it hard to do these things as I have had a very tough year emotionally and am in the middle of a major health crisis. At the moment just getting through the day is a struggle.

Hopefully taking part in this swap will lift my spirits.

My first love is feltmaking, but I'm taking a break from this due to health problems. So I'm currently exploring papercrafts - in particular scrapbooking and altered art.   

I love berry shades, dark reds, muted pinks & purples, and most greens except mint green.  I don't like neons, black, yellow, orange, or blue. 

I prefer natural fibres and fabrics to synthetic ones (for environmental and tactile reasons). The fabrics I like the best are vintage florals (pre 1970), vintage brocade/damask (not the modern poly-cotton stuff!), baroque/rococo style prints, cotton velvet, and modern fabrics with silhouettes of leaves or branches/trees. I dont like stripes, spots, plaids/checks, skulls, country/cutesy, or disney/anime stuff.

Please see my profile and wists for more info.

CRAFTED ITEMS

Purseket/Purse organizer
I would love one of these to help me find things in my purse. It needs to have pockets for my phone, notepad, wallet and tissues plus a few more. Please see the About Me section above and my wists for my fabric preferences.

Crocheted cotton purse
I would love a small crocheted purse made from cotton yarn with a shoulder strap & flap - big enough to hold my wallet, keys, & phone when I go on walks around the neighbourhood. One made from granny squares would be nice. See my colour preferences above.

Crocheted Cotton Flowers
I'm collecting crocheted flowers made with cotton yarn in all colours except black, brown and dark blue. I would particularly like shades of pink to go on a crocheted tote bag I received in another swap. If they've got leaves that's even better.

Knitted Woollen Socks
I'm having surgery next year and would love a pair of pure wool hand knitted socks in any of the berry shades to keep my feet warm in hospital. I'm not really into stripes but a variegated yarn would be nice. Shoe size is US 9

Screen/gocco printed cards
See my wists for ideas. I love botanical prints - modern or vintage inspired.

Earrings
- made from cotton crocheted flowers in chocolate brown, plum, purple or rose pink
- made from vintage cabs in shades of dark brown, dark pink, red or purple. See my wists http://www.wists.com/enchanted_wool for some ideas
Please use silver findings as my ears are allergic to nickel.

Crocheted cotton market/shopping bag
One that folds up into its own pocket. See my colour preferences above and my wists for examples

Crafted items from my wists

CRAFT SUPPLIES

BIGGEST WISH Scrapbooking Supplies
- anything by K & Co (but especially Ancestry, Blue Awning, Bailey, McKenna, Verbena, Peabody, Addison).
- anything from the "Once upon A Time" range by DCVW.
- anything rose/baroque/vintage inspired by Anna Griffin
NEW- anything by Basic Grey
NEW - Bazzill 12 x 12 cardstock in any colour except for white, black, grey, yellow, orange and neons.
No other types of paper/stickers please as I'm trying to match what I already have
NEW - chipboard alphabet letters in a artsy looking non-chunky font
NEW - chipboard shapes in flourishes or scrolls
NEW - pretty border punches. I would particularly love a circular border punch
NEW - fiskars shape templates in one of the following designs: flowers, butterflies, borders
- self-adhesive paper lace borders
- acid free paper doilies
- acid free glue stick & double sided tape, glue dots etc

Stamping Supplies
BIG WISH - Colorbox fluid chalk stamps - any colour
-non-toxic acid free ink pads for rubber stamps - black, silver, gold, chocolate brown, olive green, purple, pink, aubergine, or antique type colours such as walnut
- a "Bold Modern Floral" Hero Arts rubber stamp
- Anna Griffin stamps in one of the following designs - blossom motif, tulip motif, rose motif, hydrangea motif, repousse
- K & Co alphabet stamps - clear/acrylic ones only please
(no other stamps please as I am running out of space to store them)

Other Craft Supplies
- Rit fabric dye in claret/burgundy/berry shades (the kind that can be used to dye cotton yarn in the washing machine please)
- a clover needle felting mat
- a rotary cutter for fabric preferably one that can cut through felt(I can't cut straight!)
- vintage cabs in flower shapes
- Japanese felting books/magazines (I can't read Japanese but the pictures are amazing!)
- supplies from my wists

EXTRAS
- a set of angel chimes (very hard to find here in Australia!)
- some candle holders for the Christmas tree (no one has candles on their Christmas tree here)
- no other Christmas ornaments/decorations please as I have too many!

ALLERGIES ETC
- Some of the members of my household have allergies to animal hair and cigarette smoke
- no animal products or perfumed items please
- no candy, sugar, tea or coffee please as I am on a special diet  Sad
- nothing for my children please as they already get lots of gifts from family members

Thanks so much to anyone who chooses me. I wish you all love joy and peace in this season!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008 02:42:41 AM by Velvet Rose » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Art Spiegelman Tours His Retrospective
At Home with Roz Chast
Landscape with Charon Crossing The River Styx
Henna Heads: Hair Loss Sufferers Get Beautiful Head Crowns
Naked Contortionist Models Transformed Into Animals By Body Paint
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...