A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,799
Currently Running With Scissors:
724 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 100% DIY Punk Rock Glamour Wedding Chicago 8.9.8 (image super heavy)  (Read 41911 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

i_am_138
Sew Vicious

Sew Vicious

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2008 06:19:20 PM »

Well, when we got engaged I knew that I wanted to do everything ourselves. Although, the end result was not 100% handmade we made sure that anything we had to rent, buy, or services we used were from vendors that had the same DIY ethic as us. Everything from the programs to the candy bar to the flowers were handmade by me. A fun fact about our wedding is that everyone accept the bride has tattoo's.

Although I was going to make my dress I decided that I was going to purchase my dress through Bride's Against Breast Cancer. They are an amazing organization that sells new and used wedding dresses with all the proceeds going to those in need. I ended up getting my dream gown and made some significant changes. I don't have the original picture, but I changed the skirt entirely. I wanted the lace to peak out in a slit, and I wanted to take off the flowers that were attached to it. I also added the bazillion little buttons down the back of my dress and 5 foot train. The end result was this...

My "something old" was the crystal necklace I wore which belonged to my great great great grandmother, yes three greats! I made my veil, which was far easier then I thought it would be.

My super handsome groom!

Ceremony, I was given away by my husbands father(as mine is no longer in my life. My best friend and maid of honors hubsand Bruce (former member of Men Without Hats) played Somewhere Over The Rainbow on the ukulele while I walked down the aisle. Later we were introduced at Mr and Mrs to Me First and The Gimme Gimme's version.

Dancing

Kissing and a great view of all the button work

And these were my bridesmaids!

Did someone say cake? It was red velvet and carrot cake and Zebra print!

Close up of lego cake topper

The Programs...

The Band

Tables, Flowers, Centerpieces, Chinese Takeout Boxes, etc. The centerpieces had beta fish in them Smiley We weren't originally going to have a seating chart, because we like being interactive with eveyrone, but when our guest list doubled we didn't want our guests(especially the older ones) to be confused. So instead of table numbers we had street signs. Each table was named after Chicago streets.

This bucket was originally filled with flip flops and somehow my veil ended up in there by the end of the night.

Hair

Best picture of my second dress

Just for fun...

She got the bouquet and ate it too.

Matron of Honor sang Teenage Kicks

Yes, one of my bridesmaids did fall in the water feature.

The newly wed's...oh and I did have a second dress. 

Thank you for looking! There were so many rad things about our wedding that didn't get photographed and it saddens me, but I hope you enjoyed looking at our wedding day, and I can only hope that you make your wedding as unique as you are. I loved the way my wedding turned out, and most people still can't believe that we did everything ourselves. I hope our wedding is inspirational for those who will be getting married in the future. Stay true to who you are. For us is it was about are love of punk rock, glamour, fun and zebra print.

-Xza

THIS ROCKS   Logged

jessa_aka_jalapeno

And high in Vitamin C! :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008 06:34:24 PM »

That is gorgeous! That dress is very pretty on you and I love the red and white flower petals on the aisle and the Lego cake topper. Congratulations on a wonderful wedding! I hope I can make my wedding look as awesome as yours lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indywriter
I am my grandma's girl

The reason why.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008 06:39:01 PM »

My husband and I married 10 years ago and did most everything ourselves (or with the help of family).  My dress was bought too, but only because my mom begged me not to ask her to make it.  She said that would be too much pressure.  But I did want her too (and for my grandma's to help out).

There was so much satisfaction at seeing our hard work come out so beautifully on the big day.  Your memories of your wedding will be all the better for having had a hand in everything.

You did an awesome job! 

(and I looooove your dress!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indywriter 
http://www.haleycreations.blogspot.com
http://www.wists.com/indywriter

------------------<---<--<@
I know a little garden close
Set thick with Lily and red Rose
Where I would wander if I might
From dewy dawn to dewy night.

W. Morris
Mishimon

Jewellery Obsessed!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008 06:40:12 PM »

everything about your wedding is just beautiful and so personalised!
your dress is stunning and even more so considering it also supports a great cause, you did such a pro job customising it.
i love the photos of you with your bridesmaids, they look so quirky and fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cocorific

Happiness will always be a napping skunk...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008 06:41:18 PM »

The pictures are wonderful!  I love the shade of red for the groom's tie and boutonniere? right word?
You two look fab and so happy, the best pic is the last one, the whole walking off hand in hand into forever thing!!
The whole design theme is great, the bridesmaids are wonderful!  Even wet!  it just all meshed so well and I LOVE it!! 
Congrat's and may you have a long and happy marriage!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

R.I.P. my sweet little stinker....
Tux
1/20/09
Avian Flight
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008 06:41:41 PM »

Super gorgeous wedding!

Um.. what happened to the bettas? They're tropical fish and cannot live in bowls despite the popular notion. They need 3-5 gallon tanks with filters and heaters. I hope they went to caring homes.. they have very individual personalities that shine best when well cared for. Just FYI.

I LOVE your colors.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
ambervacation
I really can't afford to be here :)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008 06:44:22 PM »

Fabulous!! It looks you had a really fantastic time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

deenabean
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008 06:51:12 PM »

Trying again last message timed out and ended up a seperate post.  Love your dress your DIYing everything was original and fabulous.  Looks like everyone had a great time.  I like to be as green as possible too and DIY is the way to go.  I'm sure everyone will have taken home great memories of your wedding.  Even the bridesmaid that fell in the water. - Tracy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take time to make time for yourself.
ulcdmj
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008 07:10:52 PM »

Wow, wish I knew you so I could of went! LOL! To me this seems to be one of the most classy but coolest weddings I have ever seen! Not your traditional type of wedding that most people do, IM ENVIOUS! Congratulations!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MsJamieLeigh
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008 07:21:31 PM »

I am in love with your whole wedding. Style, clothes, everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have no special talent, I am only passionately curious.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author James Bach: Secrets of a Buccaneer-Scholar
Author Philippa Gregory on Future Books
Actress Melissa Gilbert Talks About Prairie Tale
Author George Taber Talks About His Personal Life
New Book by Kathy Reichs: 206 Bones
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...