A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,374
Currently Running With Scissors:
704 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Metalopoly, the Metalocalypse Board Game!!  (Read 20007 times)
Tags for this thread: metalocalypse , tv_show , adult_swim  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tiff the Strawberry
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2008 11:17:20 PM »

Phenomenal! I can't tell you how wonderful this is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
karmellah
Scrapbooker

Boo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008 06:05:35 AM »

OMG, thats utterly fantastic. i wish I was clever enought o have thought of this sinc emy BF loves metal and Loves Monopoly!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Hope
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2008 09:16:13 AM »

this is amazing! Ive been trying to come up with something to make my bf for christmas and I am inspired to make him an altered monopoly game. I will probably do a video game themed one, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dear Craftster Friends,
Three years ago, I was much younger and dumber and I flaked on a few swaps. I am back and I promise to make it up to everyone I hurt. I had been flaked on a couple of times, and I know how cra**y it feels. I am really sorry.
Stefani
LillaTusen
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2008 09:17:45 AM »

It looks great! Even if he isnt a big Monopoly-fan, he must like it! I mean, its so cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
VeniceIsSinking
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2008 10:47:57 AM »

Ruby_soho. Yes, of course! pm me your email and I'll send you what I've got.

Thanks guys. It was actually really fun to make. It took a long time but now that its done, I'm not sure what to do with myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yelsew27
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2008 07:38:38 PM »

This is incredible! How did you make the picture and logo on the actual board? Did you paint over the original middle section?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
skankamaggot
It seems that different people have an idea of what I am, and what I should be. And then there's me.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2008 09:32:55 PM »

This rocks!  They actually have this "Make-your-own-opoly" game out now where it comes with software that you can design your custom own spots on the board and cards and print them out and stuff, but I'm sure yours is way radder!  I bet he loved it! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

VeniceIsSinking
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2008 10:57:35 PM »

yelsew27: Yep, I primed the board, drew it on and then painted it and varnished it a bunch of times. I had actually hand-drawn the logos on there too but didn't like the way they looked so I cheated and printed them out and varnished over them.

skankamaggot : Thanks! Yeah, I actually saw that but I could only find them on sale on ebay from the UK and wasn't so excited to pay that much money for it. That and I'm super impatient so when I get an Idea in my head I want it to happen at that moment. I pretty much woke up, decideed I would do it, and went to get the board a couple hours later.

All in all, it actually probably cost me the same as a custom game would cost from a store. The monopoly game itself was only $11.00, of which I used a lot of its original properties, but I also ended up buying, game pieces (charms from etsy), primer, sharpies, card stock, an exacto knife etc. I also bought things that I didn't end up using, but I'm sure i'll find a use for later.
It probably cost me around 40.00 in the long run, but it was spaced out over paychecks and totally worth it.

I also had to buy a new printer, but that's a whole other story haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
skankamaggot
It seems that different people have an idea of what I am, and what I should be. And then there's me.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2008 11:05:16 PM »

Yeah, I think I saw them on the Target online website.  I was thinking of getting one for my guy because he is obsessed with an idea of a resident evil monopoly game, but then I'd be roped into playing with him and I'm not making that mistake again!  We can't play a single game without it lasting 10 hours and I am just not that into monopoly  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pikaboo26
#LOFNOTC

We're all gonna die. Be good to each other.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2008 11:28:45 PM »

Oh sweet lord, this is AWESOME! My boyfriend and I watch Metalocalypse together all the time. I might just have to make one for him for x-mas! Thanks for sharing.  Wink
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009 02:34:22 PM by pikaboo26 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where's North from here?
___________________ _____

"As far as I'm concerned, reality can go take a flying f*ck at a rolling doughnut." -Stephen King
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Author Victoria Osteen
Skinned Book Trailer
John Carter Cash Reveals Where He Would Like to Be
Richard Dawkins Talks About The Greatest Show on Earth
Meet Author Ursula Hegi
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...