A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
792 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: easter chick egg cosies + tutorial  (Read 23594 times)
Tags for this thread: easter , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Nineightohone

Don't make me come over there!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2005 09:05:35 PM »

I was so excited to see this I knit one up RIGHT AWAY. as in 30 minutes from the time I first saw it Smiley Lucky me I keep my googly eyes on hand Smiley

hope the pic works and isn't too huge. The glue's not dry on the beak and eyes yet... Smiley Oh, and he's hungry...anybody got any Cadbury eggs??? Smiley

But I was wondering one thing-in that pattern written up above, can't it just read K 11 rows instead of k 1 row then k 10 rows? That screwed me up and i only knit 10 instead of 11 total... oh and I used 5mm needles. he's sorta fat but I'm sure that'll straighten out when I stuff 'im...

I'm thinking he'll magically appear on DH's cell phone when he awakens in the morn...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.~

Please come see my Etsy shop! www.notjustpurses.e tsy.com Thanks Smiley
Brae_Day
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2005 09:51:28 PM »

Those are awesome!!! They'd look really cute all in a basket or something. 

Oh, and they look great now, but I bet they'd also look good in a seed stitch.  I love seed stitch, it's so puffy.  Maybe I'll make a small assortment and add in some fun fir too, great idea there...! 

So fun.  And great job on your tute for a first time knitter, whew!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scream-a-little
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2005 11:45:40 PM »

i started them right away.. i am going to use them as place settings at easter.. they are the sweetest!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One shoe can change your life"   Cinderella
kashmir
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2005 04:32:38 PM »

i have to agree with everyone else those are just too cute!!! thanks for the idea! I was only going to make a couple and give to my little cousins for easter but the place setting idea has gotten my mind going!! thanks everyone!! too cute!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"i may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I intended to be."
morgaroo
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2005 02:40:24 PM »

now I want to knit up an oversized one as a hat! too adorable.xox
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nineightohone

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2005 02:42:20 PM »

A hat!! What a great idea!

Rather than changing my gauge, I just decided to get the plastic eggs and fill them with candy instead. Wink

Hooray!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.~

craftymodster
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2005 04:21:27 PM »

ohhhhhh....I know a couple of totlets (& their ma!) that would love some of these little chickies!  Thanks so kindly for the wonderful tut & pattern.  Those little chicks are chirpie-cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i'd rather be creating an utter mess
jerriemc
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2005 07:11:03 PM »

I decided to try and make a rabbit.  I used one strand plain acrylic yarn and one strand of white eyelash yarn.  I used  2 short pieces of pipecleaner for the whiskers and a pink pompon for the nose.  Here's my pattern for the ears.  Cast on 3 stitches
              row 1 :knit
              row 2: knit
              row 3: knit 2 together knit last stitch
              row 4: knit
              row 5: knit
              row 6: knit 2 together you are left with one stitch pull yarn thru this stitch just like binding off.

Sorry no digital camera to post a picture
THIS ROCKS   Logged
purplerose
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2005 09:30:19 AM »

These are adorable!  I so want to make a little bunny one, too.  And so quick to make!  *Hunts around for yellow yarn*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nineightohone

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2005 10:53:00 PM »

I made a bunny one today...and instead of knitting ears, I bought those weird pipe cleaners you can get that go from wide to narrow and back again? they have 4 wide spots per pipe cleaner so I cut them in half, bent the narrow part into a U (with the fat parts up) and jammed them up through the knitting. Plan on tinting them pink in the middle with a fabric marker of some sort. Smiley I have one finished without the ear coloring. I used a pink puffball for the nose and a bigger white one for the tail.

Will post pics when I'm not in bed typing at 1am. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Everyday Makeup Tips with Bobbi Brown
His and Hers Beauty Summer Essentials
Watch Makeup Genius Kandee Johnson Transform Into Emma Watson
Get Emma Watson’s Neutral Smoky Eye Look
How to Apply Red Lipstick on the Go
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...