A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,482
Currently Running With Scissors:
343 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: a couple of things for fall (updated to add modeled pics)  (Read 1790 times)
Tags for this thread: fall , thanksgiving  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ScissorSister7
Do you need a cute purse to go with that outfit?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: November 21, 2008 06:25:17 PM »

I am not sewing nearly as many cute things for her as I would like.  My granddaughter just isn't thrilled with playing in the playpen in my sewing room. 

Anyway here are a couple of things I made for her for the fall.  She wore this first peasant top to the Harvest Fest at our church.  I added a couple of rows of elastic shirring to the middle after this picture and it turned out cute.

Okay here's a couple of pics of her wearing this shirt.  She isn't walking yet so my husband is trying to encourage her to take a few steps in the second one.

This is the outfit that she will wear for Thanksgiving.  We will have a Thanksgiving dinner on Tuesday at church and then she will go to her other grandparents' house on Thursday so she will get to wear this one more than once (Yea for that part!)  It is a little unstructured jacket and a pair of pants with cuffs that match the jacket trim.  I'm hoping to make another peasant blouse to match but if I can't get that done then she'll wear a long sleeved cream tee with it.

My little model is sleeping right now but I'll try to add pics of her wearing this stuff later on.  Thanks for looking everyone! Smiley

And here's the Thanksgiving outfit.  Nothing like finishing at the last minute -- I finished at about 1:30 and she is leaving here at 3:00! LOL

The jeans and the peasant shirt.  I made it longer like a tunic.

And with the jacket.  I love how the jacket is shorter than the shirt so it looks like a double ruffle on the bottom.

She's really getting into the fall spirit and throwing some leaves around in this one. Smiley

« Last Edit: November 26, 2008 12:00:23 PM by ScissorSister7 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join my yahoo group Always Sewn With Love to purchase fabrics at or near wholesale prices

I'm interested in personal swaps -- I love bracelets & necklaces and I don't know how to make them.
threegirlsandaboy
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008 06:48:01 PM »

Aren't those adorable?!?  Love them, especially the peasant blouse! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dancingrabbit
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008 09:24:39 PM »

Gorgeous - and not pink, so extra cool!  With a new baby girl, I grow weary of pink.  Orange is way cuter on little girls!

What is the leaf fabric in the jacket?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ScissorSister7

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008 07:59:17 AM »

Gorgeous - and not pink, so extra cool!  With a new baby girl, I grow weary of pink.  Orange is way cuter on little girls!

What is the leaf fabric in the jacket?

Thanks ya'll!  I thought I was getting some pics of her this morning but the card wasn't in the camera.  Tongue  Maybe I'll get some later on.

All of the print fabrics are from the Pumpkins Gone Wild line from Moda.  I really like that it is a fall fabric but isn't Halloween specific.  We don't celebrate Halloween and I had a hard time finding something for fall that was for kids.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Join my yahoo group Always Sewn With Love to purchase fabrics at or near wholesale prices

I'm interested in personal swaps -- I love bracelets & necklaces and I don't know how to make them.
KitschyCoo
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008 12:24:25 PM »

They look fabulous!  I really like the coat over the peasant top too, they sit perfectly together!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScissorSister7

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008 06:41:17 PM »

They look fabulous!  I really like the coat over the peasant top too, they sit perfectly together!

Thanks so much!  She wore them on Thanksgiving Day and she looked so cute.  And she didn't even get any food on them when she ate! LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ReddKatt

Art is water for the soul <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010 12:56:41 PM »

LOVE <3
Especially digging the colors for Fall. You daughter is adorable too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kathie in Maryland
Photographer, mom of 2 girls (Brenna, 16yrs & Quinn 14 mths)
~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~*~**~
Optimist: Person who travels on nothing from nowhere to happiness.- Mark Twain
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...