A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,106
Currently Running With Scissors:
710 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Canadians - knitting supplies on sale until March 11  (Read 577 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gaiter_girl

Hullo, My name is Bear. Grrrrrrrrrr.

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2005 05:44:30 AM »

Hi fellow Canadians,
Now I realize that this won't interest some of you but I thought I would let you know just in case.  Zeller's is having a sale on certain yarns and sewing/knitting supplies.  The yarn is only TLC/red heart stuff but I figure the knitting supplies, at buy 2 get 1 free prices, aren't a bad deal.  They only have plastic and aluminum needles but if you're new to the world of knitting, new to circs/dpn's or not against using needles in those materials it's a good time to get some supplies.  They also have the standards like point protectors, needle sizers, stitch holders, stitch markers, blunt end yarn needles, etc. 

If you've been thinking about getting some stuff I would recommend you go soon though.  When I went by yesterday there were about 6 women scrambling over the knitting needle section which is, at my Zeller's, about 2 feet wide.

I got 4 pairs of circs, a set of dpn's and a cable needle for about $13.  Admittedly I managed to find some items that were clearance priced but still included in the sale and the cashier made a mistake when charging me (which I only realized when I looked at the bill at home).

The sale isn't shown in their online flyer but it's:
buy 2 get 1 free - knitting and sewing supplies
buy 3 get 1 free - redheart, TLC and south maid (old maid???) yarn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My my...aren't we a knotty little girl?
Scream-a-little
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005 11:04:55 AM »

woohoo!! thanks a lot Gaiter!! hope you were injured in that fracas of knitters!! they can be a dangerous lot Wink more dpn's!!  Grin i'm doing the happy knitter dance here for you.. go gurl go gurl!!! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One shoe can change your life"   Cinderella
subloke
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005 10:27:51 AM »

I just accidentally took advantage of this sale!  I don't get the flyers or anything and after my purchase was COMPLETED the "sales associate" (motto:  "We're constantly training to serve you better" HA) said "This was the yarn that was on sale.  You didn't want the sale did you?" WHAT?  So, 30 minutes later, after being shuttled from one counter to another, after re-scanning EVERYTHING I purchased, one of the skeins of TLC Cotton Plus was finally removed from my total!  Yikes.

Strangely, this is the kind of thing I've come to expect from Zellers (motto:  "We're always happy to help" HA) so this experience has NOT traumatized me.  I will go back for more.  Yippee yarn sale.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

if you can't be a good example then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

http://yesimadethat.blogspot.com
ax174
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005 06:05:44 AM »

Thanks, gaiter girl!  Saw your note and made a detour on the way home from work.  What was sweeter was that the regular price had been reduced as well as the buy-3-get-1-free.  I loaded up on Red Heart Cotton Twist (I'm not a yarn snob, and I really like the 51% cotton, 49% acrylic mix for kids wear) and Red Heart Cozy Wool ('cause I can't afford bulky Morehouse merino).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

morgaroo
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005 06:16:25 PM »

thank you so much for letting us all know!  The zellers where I am is renovating so I'm hoping for extra clearence items! I love them b/c their cheapo phentex is cheaper than the dollarama's. awesome if youre like me and want everyshade just in case you ever need that shade in another project. phentex is great for filling in multicoloured intarsia and stuff Smiley
ps my zellers is renovating so they'll have some weird lift which is the first one in north america??? It elevates you and your shopping cart and is replacing the escalator? lol maybe i should ask an 'associate' (poor subloke).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scream-a-little
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005 02:32:30 PM »

i think i am sick or something.. i went up there.. checked out all the wool & came out with one little ball of acrylic to make the rest of my chick egg cozies.. that thread is in completed projects.. but i didn't find anything i wanted or needed.. how sad is that!! Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One shoe can change your life"   Cinderella
subloke
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005 05:12:59 PM »

morgaroo:  where are you? (your profile said halifax, i think) the zellers by my place is renovating too (chinook in calgary).  They are installing some escalator for shopping carts too.  (Also claiming to be the "first in north america")  maybe they mean that zellers across canada will be the first in canada. 

i was disappointed b/c they only had 4 skeins of the tlc i needed/wanted in the color i needed/wanted.  (need, want.... same thing, right?)

I loved those commercials where they had their employees telling us about all the improvements they were making.  i haven't ever seen any of those "improvements" in the staff attitudes!  sigh.  it's like:  do you want CHEAP or do you want good customer service?? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

if you can't be a good example then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.

http://yesimadethat.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Good Nature Photos
ISO Adjustment
How to Tale Digital Photographs
The Rules of Composition
A Guide to Sharing Your Digital Photos Online
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...