So I've taken part of a birthday swap and I claimed my fellow Craftster Riechan for a cute apron. First I was planning to
do the apron out of a fabric which has lilac and pink cherry blossoms on a light green background to describe her love of
Japanese things. But then on a shopping trip I spotted a set of tea towels I just KNEW would make this cute apron a Super
Cute Apron and we all know how much having super cute things in your life actually makes it like hundred times better.
So prepare yourself for a picture marathon with my semi tute. Meaning, you get pics and no explanation. You are Craftsters
dammit, figure it out yourselves
Okay. Here we go.
Update before even posting...Decided to add some text as it looked quite stupid without any text.
This is one of the tea towels and the pic on the right shows how I cut the bodice part.
Here are the pleats, ready to be sewn.
Then I cut material for waist straps from the long edge of the tea towel, about 5cm/2inches wide. I then pressed the straps as if I was making a bias band.
The remainder is used for making bias band.
Which I then used for finishing the edge of the bodice.
The skirt and the bodice are attached together by hand stitching. See how neat it looks
After I had put the two pieces together I could attach the waist straps.
I used chocolate brown grossgrain ribbon for neck strap and hand stitched it together with fabric covered buttons.
Final product! Pic taken in bad lighting and weird angle. The second pic features yours truly chest and a close up of the bodice.
Hopefully this inspires other people to think more rational ways of doing this as I can't believe it took me nearly 4 hours. Seriously. FOUR hours to
But yeah. I am pleased with it
and a rumour says the recipient is quite happy with it too! Comments are welcome.