A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,726
Currently Running With Scissors:
485 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pizza Hut style 'cheesy bites' pizza  (Read 3385 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aimée-spoons-possoms
« on: November 21, 2008 07:53:37 AM »

I'm not sure if Pizza Hut do this anywhere else, but here in the UK they do a fantastic pizza with little 'bites' instead of a crust that are stuffed with cheese.

They're mighty expensive though, so I had a go at making one myself!

I used a plain white loaf recipe, and beat it/rolled it into a circle. I then snipped into the edges about 1 1/2" all the way around with a pair of scissors.

I grated some cheese into a bowl and sprinkled in some mixed herbs.
I then took a little bit of the mixture and squished it into a ball, before placing it in the middle of one of the flaps, folding it over and sealing with a little egg.

I did this all the way around before brushing the crust with egg and putting a little dried garlic powder on them.

I used one tin of chopped tomatos and 2 tablespoons of red pesto for the base, and a handful of cheese.

So easy and so yummy!

Me and my sisters boyfriend just ate it all in one go!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Explorer of the dream world.
Megzy818
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Happily married to my best friend

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008 08:49:00 AM »

oh that looks so yummy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud ARMY brat and NAVY Wife!!! 08/05/08
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1414000172&ref=profile
Hippos are my favorite Smiley
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008 08:59:54 AM »

Yours looks way better than Pizza Hut's.
This was a limited time thing in the US, the 'bites' crust at least, they still always have the regular stuffed crust pizza, it's my favorite and have been trying to figure out how to recreate it (since we don't like to order from pizza hut because they can't seem to ever be able to find our house and it takes like 2+ hours to get our order).  Thanks for the tips, I will have to give this a try... I just hope mine looks ad good as yours!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ledleeaf
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008 09:16:18 AM »

I want it, it looks so good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aimée-spoons-possoms
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008 10:02:30 AM »

Yours looks way better than Pizza Hut's.
This was a limited time thing in the US, the 'bites' crust at least, they still always have the regular stuffed crust pizza, it's my favorite and have been trying to figure out how to recreate it (since we don't like to order from pizza hut because they can't seem to ever be able to find our house and it takes like 2+ hours to get our order).  Thanks for the tips, I will have to give this a try... I just hope mine looks ad good as yours!

Thanks very much Cheesy
I do like pizza hut stuffed crust too. But my only issue is that the cheese is a bit plasticy..if you can understand that! Thats just reminded me that me and my little sister used to call hamburger cheese slices plastic cheese when we were little hehe.
I used extra strong mature cheddar for bites, and a mild cheddar for the topping. No chemicly processed rubbish in this house!

I might try one with mozzarella inside. That would be yummy!

Anyway, this was a little tester one to see if it would work - and I've just knocked up a large one for the family to have for dinner tonight, to be enjoyed in t-minus 20 minutes!
I can feel my arteries wincing already  Shocked

Will upload a picture when its done!

{EDIT}

Here we go. The bites merged together a bit more then the last one so it doesn't look as pretty, but it was even more yummy as I left the tomato mix to rest over the afternoon and the herbs from the pesto had infused into it all.

I feel bloated!

« Last Edit: November 21, 2008 10:53:08 AM by aimée-spoons-possoms » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Explorer of the dream world.
Avian Flight
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008 11:01:20 AM »

cool idea! i've never heard of pizza bites but seems fun to try. thanks for sharing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
Pinky Yarn
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008 02:48:42 PM »

That looks super yummy. I totally agree with you about the no chemically processed cheese stuff. I've made my own mozzarella before. But a quick, easy, lazy way to make stuffed crust pizza is to use cheese sticks and roll the dough over them.  Grin Oh, and cheese sticks wrapped in cressant dough are amazing too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay finally done moving!

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help'." - Ronald Reagan
Daymoth
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008 09:30:29 PM »

I just gained five pounds by reading this post and I've never been happier!  Grin lol.
I'm so excited to try this I looooved the cheesy bites pizzas! yum,yum! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KMOM13
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009 09:26:16 PM »

Sounds wonderful! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
camilandrea
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009 08:11:35 AM »

That looks delicious. Pizza hut is way to expensive, I feel bad when I eat there because in all the money I could save if I rather cook at home, so this is a great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get the Perfect Brows for Your Face Shape
Best New Beauty Products for September 2013
Birchbox Sneak Peek: September 2013
Lucy Hale Makeup Tutorial: The Beauty Beat!
Ways To Use Coconut Oil in Your Beauty Regimen
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...