A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 301,593
Currently Running With Scissors:
732 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My first beaded thing - spiral stitch bracelet. I'm in love with beading!  (Read 1462 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

angeltreats
« on: November 09, 2008 05:11:00 AM »

I love seed beads but never know what to do with them.  So I made this pretty bracelet, it was really easy and only took a couple of hours.  It's my first ever jewellery that didn't involve shrink plastic or polymer clay! 

The core beads are clear and the outside beads are pink with a hint of topaz.  The colour didn't photograph terribly well, the topaz is much less obvious but the camera flash brought it out.  Unfortunately there isn't enough natural light in our apartment for photography  Sad

My arms are not this hairy in real life, I swear!  It's only because I used a macro lens.

I think I'll make some of these for Christmas presents, but I love this one too much to give it away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wendellina

CMF since '75 \../ >.< \../

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008 05:44:41 AM »

First time?  You would never guess!  That is very pretty.  How did you make this?  I too have tons of seed beads and would like to try something new.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

witchytree
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008 06:28:16 AM »

I plan on making a spiral set as a present for someone this Christmas.  I've never made a spiral before, but I hope it comes out as good as your first attempt.  I really like the pink/topaz color you used.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't make me release the flying monkeys.
Dreamy_Cat
Follower of Dreams

Please don't wake me past noon.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008 07:29:21 AM »

thats so pretty!... does it take long to learn how to make?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008 07:30:06 AM by Dreamy_Cat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."
-Edgar Allen Poe
beki710

Partly confused all of the time...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008 04:58:49 AM »

Wow I'm really impressed that this was your first attempt! I have lots of seed beads and a book on making jewellery with seed beads but I just don't seem to have the patience to do it! (also because I quite like big clunky jewellery and seed bead items seem a lot more delicate Tongue ) But I do feel a bit inspired now I've seen this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

angeltreats
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008 05:50:15 AM »

First time?  You would never guess!  That is very pretty.  How did you make this?  I too have tons of seed beads and would like to try something new.

If you google "spiral stitch" I think there are some instructions on about.com.  I had a leaflet with the instructions that I got from the place I bought the beads, but it seems to have gone missing - once you do the stitch a few times you will remember it though as it's very easy!  I think one bracelet takes me less than an hour, now that I've done a few of them. 

Here are a few more I did.  I can't find my macro lens (I think it's in hubby's camera bag but I have no idea where that is) so I can't capture the large beads I used for closures but they are really pretty and detailed.

And also because it doesn't deserve its own thread, here are my first two bracelets I made on a loom.  The heart one is unfinished because I hate weaving in the ends!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

JLMS
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008 02:45:03 PM »

Good first try. You could also try something else. When you add the three beads- pick up one size 11, one size 8, one size 11. Or, instead of the size 8, you could use cubes or pearls. There are so many different ways to make a spiral. Good luck and have fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
No Recession For Picasso
A Pablo Picasso Painting Sells For $45 Million
A Pablo Picasso Painting Sells For $45 Million
The Influence of Japanese Art on Van Gogh
The Couto Brothers Get Colorful At The Petra Gallerie
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Removable Fabric Wallpaper
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...