A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 300,912
Currently Running With Scissors:
443 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 80 bags in 30 days...can it be done? NO! Will update...Currently 49 more to go.  (Read 6522 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

donniesgirl
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2008 12:30:30 PM »

Love the birds! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BettyBravo
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2008 04:47:09 PM »

These are great! I love the use of the sweaters and also the crafts-person-ship! Keep truckin! You only have 73 more to go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you've lost your ticket to paradise, make sure you have money for the bus" -Pokey Lafarge
cindygert
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2008 12:22:57 PM »

Thanks ladies for all your encouragement.  I need some help from above I guess.  I have another stinkin' cold.  It is the same one I had before I left for Florida.  I must be allergic to Michigan. Roll Eyes

I have however, managed to add 2 more.  I hope to add a couple more tonight.  I have to get these done.  I will be glad if I get 40 done........instead of my original 80.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cindygert.com
www.cindygert.etsy.com

Please become a fan of cindygert on my Face Book page.
http://www.facebook.com/cindygert?ref=nf
Unfinished Projects
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2008 02:26:10 PM »

Love both of the new ones!!!!

(Sorry you're not feeling well.....)

Good luck on getting the rest done!  I'm in awe of you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cindygert
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2008 03:27:10 PM »

As you can tell my production has been low.  I have had 2 stinkin' colds, a trip to Disney, a craft show and Thanksgiving in the past 2 weeks so I have not made the 3 a day that I need to get done.  Where is my partridge in a pear tree? to answer my own question... (maybe that was Disney.....I just got the order screwed up)

I sent a shipment of 8 bags to SoBo in Columbus, OH and the UPS truck did not deliver it the day it was needed.  I was kind of panicked because she had put an add on a local radio station featuring my bags....I know....totally rockin'.  Until I got the news that she did not recieve the shipment.  So I thought well the only thing I can do is stay up all night making bags......which I did.  Then at 6:30 this morning my poor husband got in his car and drove 200 miles to deliver them.  He deserves an award.  I went to sleep until my boys woke me up at 10am.  Well I get a note at 9:40 this morning saying that her neighbor works at UPS and was able to get the package to her last night after all.  She did not think I would really stay up all  night because I am sick so she did not call.  It would not have mattered anyway because my phone was in the car.......drats.  We thought she was not going to get them until Monday.  Well what a crazy day and night.  It was all worth it though because she sold 3 and possibly 4 of the bags that I made last night, today before 5pm.  When my husband arrived at the store, there were 3 ladies waiting to buy the bags, he caused a friendzy with the new bags.  There were actually 2 women "fighting" over one.  This is a great problem to have.  I feel very lucky.

I hope this ok to share this here.  I am just so excited.  Too much fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cindygert.com
www.cindygert.etsy.com

Polly Peanut

gone crazy - back soon!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2008 03:49:13 PM »

This sounds really amazing for you! Great! And yeay to your husband!

I love the grey one with the polka dots - it is so cute.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008 03:49:45 PM by Polly Peanut » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cindygert
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2008 04:59:18 PM »

Thanks Polly Peanut.  I know he was really sweet to do that for me.

I love the gray one too.  It was really hard to make that one.  It took me 2 hours to put the circles on.  I dont know if I will ever make another one.  Maybe if I figure out how to put the circles on faster.  The story on it was really funny too!!
I use a really hideously tacky pair of gray leather pants for the bottom.  So the story went something like....."some poor man thought these were the bomb in the 80's, he finally came to his senses and donated them to his local thrift store where I happened upon them to give them a new life.  The gray belt came from the same store.  Do you think they came together?  We will never know......"

Can you imagine the shoes that must have been worn with those pants?  I just thought of that.

Loved it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cindygert.com
www.cindygert.etsy.com

alexxxx
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2008 05:35:50 PM »

Well done, and keep going.
I really do love your all of your bags

you inspire me Cindygert Smiley

i am trying to get 50 items made by the end of Jan 2009, to start my shopfront.
i started a month ago!!!i have completed 30 though only 5 or 6 of them are saleable Embarrassed

i am making Xmas pressies right now, but this post is really inspiring me to get my finger out
THIS ROCKS   Logged

groooovy
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2008 07:12:30 AM »

Cindy, hope you get to feeling better soon Girlfriend.  Tongue 
Who knew making bags could be so totally nuts! Cheesy
Congrats on the sales, blessings to you and your hubby! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

YukinaKipling
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2008 03:19:04 PM »

You're doing great! Keep going! You can make it
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Layer Group in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Select and Link Multiple Layers in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Change the Value of Opacity in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Lock the Layers in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Rename and Duplicate Layers in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...