A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,114
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Corset  (Read 1987 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Morphine
« on: November 17, 2008 07:53:44 AM »

I haven't posted on here in ages (actually I have barely posted here at all), but I really wanted to show off this baby. Unfortunately, it has a quite sad story attached to it. I made it for a pretty special girl, who was totally excited to get it  (she wanted to wear it at a concert of her band). I had to send it per post as she lives a few hundred kilometers away from here. The last thing I heard from her was that she loved it, but that she hadn't tried it on yet. That was 3 1/2 weeks ago. Since then, nothing. I feel pretty sorry for making and sending it to her now, as i definitely still have a crush on her.
ANYWAY, it was my first try on a corset (i don't even know if it's actually a corset or more of a corsage  Roll Eyes ) and took me 3 nights to draw a draft, cut and sew. Didn't use any kind of pattern or tutorial or the like, so of course it's NOT PERFECT. It consists of two layers of black denim and a pretty ugly but very soft green lining. Oh and the lacing in the front was not supposed to stay like this, i just didn't have anything else there when i took those photos.
So here it is:

(the white spot or whatever on the left must have been a reflection of the sunlight.. it definitely wasn't there)

the back. My dressform's physique isn't quite realistic enough to show it off well, but those pictures are the only one on a person i have  Undecided my sister tried it on directly before i sent it off though and it looked awesome on her  Smiley (so i really don't know why that girl won't answer anymore)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Myspace
Heard about the guy who fell off a skyscraper? On his way down past each floor, he kept saying to reassure himself: So far so good... so far so good... so far so good. How you fall doesn't matter. It's how you land!
Brynns Mom
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008 08:59:16 AM »

I think you did a great job!  It looks very well put together
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tigrisgalaxy

"It's on the internet...no stopping it now."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008 09:19:12 AM »

It's cool! I've been wanting to make a corset, but haven't done it yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dear You,
      If I stepped into your shoes for 1 day, would the grass really be greener on the other side? What would I see through your eyes for 1 day? Send entry to: dearyou4mee@gmail.com. Sign with first name, city and state/country.
Me
befffff
Nice to see you, To see you nice!

so uncool it's cool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008 09:33:51 AM »

aww.i bet she loves it
it is amazing!
id love to get something like that

stuff is always alot nicer when made especially for you.

and now ive definately got the courage up to try a corset.im still choosing a fabric though
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"she'll need a full body cast...
a big wooden one."

(evil quip 2.0)
Morphine
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008 01:29:49 PM »

aww.i bet she loves it
i wish she did. but well, wishes are one thing, reality is another. and this reality doesn't look too good.
thanks so much though  Smiley  I'm glad to hear you liked it. The photos don't do it justice, but anyways thanks  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Myspace
Heard about the guy who fell off a skyscraper? On his way down past each floor, he kept saying to reassure himself: So far so good... so far so good... so far so good. How you fall doesn't matter. It's how you land!
jvp2790
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008 01:43:41 PM »

This corset is AMAZING!
Great job!
Im sorry that the girl wasnt very appreciative...  Sad
It looks awesome!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Elphelba
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008 01:42:42 AM »

Your corset turned out well, it looks like you put a lot of thought and effort into making it. I'm sorry the person you sent it to didn't seem to appreciate it *hugs*. It was a very sweet gesture and there are certainly people out there who will value kind acts like that.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008 01:43:09 AM by Elphelba » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stop being so damned positive. Staring at the sun only blinds some one. By only looking at the positive, you miss an entire beautiful world of shadows and colors. Don't be overly negative, be realistic. The world is so much more complex and beautiful that way.
Morphine
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008 02:29:37 PM »

aww thanks for your sweet words  Smiley I hope the next person I'll be giving something i made to will appreciate it more than she did. You guys got me some hope back (sorry my english is far from being perfect  Roll EyesGrin thanks^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Myspace
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hospital May Have Sent Still Born Baby Remains To Laundry Facility
Children Play in Style at Kids Fashion Week
Christina Applegate and FabKids Fashion
Fun in the Tub With Lush Soaps
How to Dress for School
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #97-Container Crafting
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...