A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,158
Currently Running With Scissors:
574 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Peachy keen bathroom!  (Read 2349 times)
Tags for this thread: houndstooth , peach  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MandyLikesPie
« on: November 16, 2008 10:58:06 AM »

After finishing the kitchen (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=260498.0), my next project in our new house was the bathroom. I took before photos but somehow lost them, which is a shame because I wanted to show how ugly it was before I started working on it.  Smiley The walls were painted a very dark green, there was a huge cabinet sink with dark wood medicine cabinet and light fixture, and there were homemade rooster-print curtains that blocked out all sunlight. (I'm all for homemade, but these were sinful!) It was really dark and, because the room is small, the dark paint and large sink made it feel teeny. (The room looks kind of big in the photos because of the lens my husband used, but it's really about 5 feet by 8 feet.)

I wanted something cute but not too girly, vintagey, and cheerful. Here's what I came up with. My dad installed the pedestal sink for me, and I did all the rest. (Hubs has his own bathroom so I had free reign!) I painted the walls and ceiling, painted the medicine cabinet and light fixture white, made houndstooth curtains, got a cabinet to hold all my swell goods, got new towels and bath rugs, and embroidered some cute things to hang on the walls and tie the peach theme together.

Looking in from the door:

The sink, medicine cabinet, and light fixture:

The wall with the window. (Isn't the TP holder cute?):

The corner and the shower (I mainly claimed this bathroom for the good water pressure!):

And close-ups of the things I embroidered/cross-stitched to hang on the walls:

The total cost of the room (paint, curtain fabric, sink, faucet, towels, cabinet, bath rugs, supplies for the wall hangings, shelf, clock, TP holder, handtowel ring) was about $450. Not too bad! And I love it to pieces.

Thanks for looking and for any feedback!  Smiley

« Last Edit: November 16, 2008 06:33:14 PM by MandyLikesPie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

space.case.sara
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008 11:26:46 AM »

I LOVE the last picture!!!

did you draw the dancing peach? or did you find the image somewhere....do you mind if i put it in my look book? (my book of pictures that inspire me when i'm making garments)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MandyLikesPie
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008 12:15:28 PM »

Thank you! I don't mind at all.  Smiley I found the image of the dancing peach girl online somewhere. I'm pretty sure it was on a blog or a flickr group for vintage embroidery patterns. I just looked for it again but can't find it for the life of me!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008 12:16:04 PM by MandyLikesPie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

space.case.sara
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008 12:19:16 PM »

great! thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008 12:21:28 PM »

I can see that the room needed a light color - good job on the choices of color/farbric combination on this! The art work brings it together really well and the peaches are so cute! You maybe need one or two more small artistic pieces?   Roll Eyes

Future swap partners be aware!  Wink

I love how you always use baskets to advantage!

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
MandyLikesPie
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008 12:25:23 PM »

You maybe need one or two more small artistic pieces?   Roll Eyes

Is that an offer to make me some artistic pieces? Grin I have you in my kitchen; I need some of you in my bathroom too! (That sounds weird.  Embarrassed)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008 01:07:27 PM »

You maybe need one or two more small artistic pieces?   Roll Eyes

Is that an offer to make me some artistic pieces? Grin I have you in my kitchen; I need some of you in my bathroom too! (That sounds weird.  Embarrassed)

if I ever get to be your swap partner again, LOL!

Otherwise - I think this is one of those times I am saving this link so I can divulge it's contents to future partners in swaps I am organizing that you join  Grin

Ronda
blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
eveH

I'll try it once

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008 01:33:35 PM »

I love it. I have always been partial to to the color of peach. I love the embroidery work, especially the little peachy girl. That is a beautiful bathroom.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You don't have to get it right the first time, just the last time.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose a Fringe
How to Choose a New Hairstyle
How to Choose the Best Hairstyle
How to Make Your Own Shampoo
How to Make Your Hair Grow
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...