A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,386
Currently Running With Scissors:
717 Guests and 45 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Updated..What sewing machine do u use? (Pics Please)  (Read 1501 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftygal76
« on: November 15, 2008 07:32:48 PM »

I know this has been started but i thought it would be fun to see updated pics of other Peoples machines..Half of the threads pics have been deleted..one of my friends from La is sending me an older Singer Machine in a week or 2 that her mom gave her (she doesn't sew @ all) im excited.. i have a singer ultralock serger on layaway & should be getting it out w/in a month..i also have a singer simple sewing machine that does ok but jmo not for quiliting which is my main thing right now..& i have a New Home (not sure what model it is) that i am going to take to have tuned up in a few weeks..i cant figure out how to post pictures yet on craftster yet....so lets all drool together!..LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wife to Cary & mom to 5 awesome kids!
xangomommy
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008 07:48:48 PM »

I have several machines but Aiko is the one I use for sewing my projects. I got her from freecycle, no manual just trial and error and she does a great job. Strong motor, too, at 1.0 amps.  From what I've read, this Japanese made Montgomery Ward machine was manufactured by Happy...which I have read makes commercial machines.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
multicrafty
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008 07:46:14 PM »

This here is my baby.  It was an Ebay purchase after my $70 Wally World Brother machine pissed me off one too many times.  Funny thing is that (including shipping) this baby here cost less than my first one.

It's a Singer 5528 that was made from 1982-1984.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xiphmont
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008 09:02:03 AM »

Main machine here: 1939 Ginger 66-8 'Godzilla' with a few additions.  Posting pics is apparently not working right now according to the mods, so I have to just paste a link to the pic.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2008 09:29:41 AM by jungrrl - Reason: Changed link to image for new member! :) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Hello.  My name is Monty, and I break things."
"Welcome, Monty!"
http://web.mit.edu/xiphmont/Singer
lucyinthesky16
scurrvy dog

pirate wench

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008 09:53:49 AM »

I use my mother's 1952 Singer Featherweight.  I love it! it's so versatile that i can bring it into the living room and sew while watching movies with my sister and mom.  and it folds up and slips into a little box and slips into my room. and c'mon, it's adorable!

bad picture of it, and alfred from batman seems to be hanging around in the background.

love my (mom's) featherweight! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i like my coffee black just like my metal ~msi (actually mr. urine, i like mine with a bit of creme and sugar...)
lucyinthesky16
scurrvy dog

pirate wench

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008 08:26:14 AM »

Main machine here: 1939 Ginger 66-8 'Godzilla' with a few additions.  Posting pics is apparently not working right now according to the mods, so I have to just paste a link to the pic.

http://web.mit.edu/xiphmont/Public/Singer/camilla-birthday-present.jpg
that is such a beautiful machine! my mother has a lot of antique singers, even one non-electric one (it has a pedal that you have to pump underneath it) but i don't think any of them work.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008 08:18:23 AM by EmilyFlew - Reason: Please remove img tags from quotes--thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

i like my coffee black just like my metal ~msi (actually mr. urine, i like mine with a bit of creme and sugar...)
xiphmont
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008 09:33:30 AM »

that is such a beautiful machine! my mother has a lot of antique singers, even one non-electric one (it has a pedal that you have to pump underneath it) but i don't think any of them work.

I'd be very surprised if there was anything seriously wrong with any of them.  These machines just don't break. At least, the old black ones don't. 

The worst thing that can happen is using the wrong oil, which will oxidize and harden and bind the machine over years.  A little kerosene or WD40 will break up the oxidized oil and let them run freely again once they've been relubed with the correct oil.  Not a big deal, just a hassle. 

I even had a 99 and a 306 that were flood-recoveries.  They actually rusted completely solid.  Neither is pretty anymore, but both sew again.

Monty

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Hello.  My name is Monty, and I break things."
"Welcome, Monty!"
http://web.mit.edu/xiphmont/Singer
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Correctly Tuck In a Shirt
How To Wear Midi Skirts This Summer
Searching for the Perfect T-Shirt
How to Find the Perfect Pair of Jeans for Your Body Type
Bikini Battle 11: Serena Williams Vs Hilaria Baldwin
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...