A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,024
Currently Running With Scissors:
415 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: the evolution of Cady's room  (Read 2413 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fluttermuffin
« on: November 14, 2008 08:20:00 AM »

last month my daughter, Cady, and I re-decorated her bedroom.... that particular basement bedroom has gone through many changes in the past 4 years...

1. right after we moved in.. it was my sons room at first.... UGLY paneling and shag carpeting (that we promptly removed.

2.we eventually did paint the room for her brother. off-white with my feeble attempt to sponge stamp a border. yuk. (took this pic before we painted it for Cady)

3. Cady's pink and lime green room. The pink was bough full price, but the green was from the "oops" bin at Lowes. I got the paisley bedspread on clearance at walmart. Was planning on painting the hand-me-down furniture white, but never got around to it. (bad mama)

4. The latest transformation.  She wanted hot pink and leopard print... I wasn't that confident it would look ok, but I was wrong. I turned out very cute.  the top half is tan (leftover from bathroom re-do), bottom is hot pink (leftover from her earlier room re-do), bought the dark brown for the stripe and doors... found a roll of leopard print wallpaper at the thrift store for $3.. one end had gotten wet but I used a jigsaw and cut about 2 inches off then cut several strips 6 inches wide.  then just rotated to make the ends match up. got a plain tan comforter, and found a leopard print sheet at the thrift store for a buck that I sewed simple curtains and pillow cases out of.  She got the leopard flip chair at the DAV thrift store for $5.  SHE LOVES THE ROOM.

5. just a pic of her posin' in her room on Senior appreciation night in her uniform... its been over a month since we finished her room and she still loves it...

thanks for looking
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008 08:27:34 AM by fluttermuffin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

aada
If I run out of tacos, I can no longer maintain my human form

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008 08:41:47 AM »

the room is very cute! looks like something i'd do to the living room...and have my roomies freak out!

i love the kitty 'accessory' for her bed too! perfect picture timing.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
angeltreats
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008 08:47:05 AM »

The room looks great, and I love the leopard print...

..but OMG look at that gorgeous tiny little kitty!  I want to wist it  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wombatgal

Retro + Kawaii + Geeky

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008 09:14:34 AM »

The room looks great, and I love the leopard print...

..but OMG look at that gorgeous tiny little kitty!  I want to wist it  Grin

I could NOT stop laughing!  The room is very cute in its newest version, and I also like the old pink and green combo.  It's a good think you didn't paint the furniture white, because the wood goes great with the leopard print!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thepunkyduckling
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008 12:07:45 PM »

This turned out lovely!  It got better with each transformation. And OOOOOOHHH the kitty is soo cute!!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes you gotta create what you want to be a part of.
- Geri Weitzman
Confidence in nonsense is a requirement for the creative process.
- Anonymous
skankamaggot
It seems that different people have an idea of what I am, and what I should be. And then there's me.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008 06:58:13 AM »

Wow, the room looks great.  And leopard print wallpaper at the thrift store for $3?   Shocked  What a find!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fluttermuffin
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2008 09:51:43 AM »

thanks for the comments... everyone loves a little affirmation that they "done good".  The teeny kitty is her "Cloe baby".  She bottle raised her from just a couple days old.

re-doing the room for her was fun... she's already discussing dorm room ideas for next year... *sigh*. Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lucidflower
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008 03:54:48 AM »

I love projects that come out great but still stick to the budget! Nice work.  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tfeuerborn4
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008 10:56:43 AM »

I loved to see te evolution of this room. Tell me, how did you prep the paneling when you first painted it? Did you sand it and then prime and paint or did you just prime and paint?

I really love the pink and leopard. Your daughter has a good eye. It is just enough leopard.

Trine
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fluttermuffin
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008 01:56:54 AM »

Tell me, how did you prep the paneling when you first painted it? Did you sand it and then prime and paint or did you just prime and paint?
Trine, thanks for the comment.... we just used Kilz 2... only one coat was needed and the paint covered it fine.  Our first paint job was an offwhite and you couldn't see any panelling showing through.
fluttermuffin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Author Jimmy Carter
Meet Food Writer Michael Ruhlman
Roz Savage Reveals Her Favorite Song
Gustavo Arellano Talks About Orange County
Meet Author Glenn Beck
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...