A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,404
Currently Running With Scissors:
853 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Any Winnipegers?  (Read 13364 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nutritiongal
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2004 04:32:56 PM »

What sorts of crafts do you all do?

Nothing really right now, lol... I'm really here more for inspiration. But I will get started soon. I imagine I'll be doing a lot of sewing when I do because I am getting a sewing machine soon. Yahoo! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Back after a fews years of inactivity and looking forward to getting back into crafting!

Visit my blog: http://roaringtwentieskerri.blogspot.com/
lila_fowler
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2004 05:36:41 PM »

I've only been to Camille's once, I'm hardly ever around there.  I've heard of that Lorna's place on Logan, but once again, far away.  There's one on Corydon called the Good Wool Shop.  They had a lot of novelty yarns and what-not.  Not a lot of 100% wool that I could see though, and I'm a yarn snob.   Wink   However, they do have an ultra-cute kitty they keep in the store. 

Where on Corydon is the Good Wool Shop? I have never seen it but I am in the area enough that I should have by now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lila_fowler
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2004 05:38:10 PM »

What sorts of crafts do you all do?

Nothing really right now, lol... I'm really here more for inspiration. But I will get started soon. I imagine I'll be doing a lot of sewing when I do because I am getting a sewing machine soon. Yahoo! Grin

New toys are always so much fun!!! What types of things are you going to sew?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lobsteriffic

it's hip to be square

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2004 06:23:22 AM »

Where on Corydon is the Good Wool Shop? I have never seen it but I am in the area enough that I should have by now.

The address is 1103 Corydon.  It's down past the Pharmasave.  There's a huge sign for it.  Although I had trouble finding the actual entrance, it's no where near the sign.  You have to go down the side street.  Hehe, had fun standing on Corydon wondering if this place had a door or not.   Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Chillychick
Officially Insane

Garden State is Love.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2004 04:49:44 PM »

Wow! I've never scrolled down this far on craftster so I missed this Forum. Another Winnipegger here too!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Neonlily-Assorted junk for your pleasure.
lavinia hawkmoth
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2004 05:02:34 PM »

Wow I can't believe there are so many Winnipeggers here!  I'm from Winnipeg too.  Anyone go to the U of M?  Fine Arts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lobsteriffic

it's hip to be square

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2004 06:25:16 AM »

Wow I can't believe there are so many Winnipeggers here!  I'm from Winnipeg too.  Anyone go to the U of M?  Fine Arts?

I go to the U of M but I'm in psychology.  Thesis year - ugh.  So crafts have become my way to relax and not go insane.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lila_fowler
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2004 07:10:19 PM »

I graduated from U of M 2 years ago.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lobsteriffic

it's hip to be square

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2004 08:48:52 AM »

So we've already talked about yarn stores in this thread - but what stores do you guys frequent for everything else?  I've just lately gotten into sewing and the only places I've been are the fabricland by St. Vital mall and the Fabric Centre downtown (I think that's what it's called).  Other than that I usually go to Lewiscraft, or when I get a chance Michael's (I don't live that close to one). 

Everyone else?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lila_fowler
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2004 09:01:13 AM »

My other main craft is cross stitching but I have dabbled in lots of things.

For cross stitching I don't buy lots of stuff too often since I have been working on a kit my Dad bought for me for the past few years. I do sometimes get little patters to make pictures for people as quick presents.

My dream would be to have alll of the time and money I need to be able to do more pottery but right now it isn't an option for me. There is a store on Osborne that sells the supplies and glazes for that. I think it is called The Sounding Stone.

I can sew straight lines. I once sewed a pillow for a friend and apparently her whole family loves it and uses it all the time. But anything other than a straight line and I would have to get my mom to help me. The pillow did have some cording around the edges. I think I got the materials for that at the fabricland by Kildonan Place, if it is a fabricland there. I don't remember at the moment.

lobsteriffic- the Michael's in St Vital isn't too far from St Vital Centre.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Extreme Website Makeover - Renaming the Slices
Extreme Website Makeover - Adding More Slices to the Web Page
Extreme Website Makeover - Exporting from Fireworks into Dreamweaver®
Extreme Website Makeover - Making Slices with the Selection Tool
Extreme Website Makeover - Using the Slice Tool in Adobe Fireworks
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...