A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
512 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Paper-Covered Pens (with tutorial)!  (Read 8104 times)
Tags for this thread: pen , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Spiffyhink
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2009 08:27:24 PM »

Well I kept wondering if you needed the tape at all. Tape keeps it in place, I guess, but you're probably not going to take the end off again, so it can't go anywhere. Maybe you could see what it looked like first without anything? I wouldn't think a glue stick would be strong enough though--I'd probably coat it down with mod podge and let it dry.

But then again, I haven't tried it at all yet, and I use mod podge on everything anyway. It's my default.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aniraangel
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2009 05:05:22 AM »

I've just come across this thread and it looks neat, but I was thinking, if you don't like the "default" tubes that come with the pens or their lids, or whatever, you might have or be able to find some other tubes for them: I.E. I have some old, clear type pens that aren't great, but the tubes are coloured (and) the end screws off.. I'll try to take pictures in the morning, it's very dark here at the moment(10PM)

EDIT:
Here you go.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2009 08:56:11 PM by aniraangel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alli_Lucy
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2009 04:50:54 AM »

Hm, you might be able to skip the adhesive if you roll the paper into a *really* tight tube around the ink shaft.  The only reason for it is to hold the paper in place while you put everything back together.  In my experiments, I found that If I didn't use anything, the paper would shift (or worse, bunch up) when I put the pen together.  A glue stick would probably work - I just go for double-sided tape because I think it's the ultimate craft tool, haha!

I love the idea of replacing the plastic tubes!  I'd also love to figure out something to do with the lids. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My craft blog: One Pearl Button

She blinded me with wisting
aniraangel
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2009 06:08:47 AM »

If you spiraled a thinner strip of paper around the tube (Thin ribbon might work, too_ you could probably get away with a small amount of tape or modpodge at either end.

I need to find the pliers so  I can attack the BIC pen I found this arvo, but for the lid maybe you could.. decoupage the outside with tissue paper/small decorations? You could probably spray paint the inside without making it too thick for the pen to fit back in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Andi.Devine
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2009 07:51:35 AM »

Love this.  I work with all guys and I got tired of them always stealing my pens.  So i printed out some b&w patterns, colored them in with hi-lighter and bam! girlpens.  Thank you for the great idea!

(one I just kind of wrapped around the outside and covered with tape. i was working with the pens from the stockroom)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from God.   -Bokonon
DancinInTheDark
Klutzy Paparazzi! ;]

Yeah, Train rocks. Best band ever!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2009 08:32:22 AM »

Love this.  I work with all guys and I got tired of them always stealing my pens.  So i printed out some b&w patterns, colored them in with hi-lighter and bam! girlpens.  Thank you for the great idea!
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/125409_24Nov09_Craftastic_007.jpg

(one I just kind of wrapped around the outside and covered with tape. i was working with the pens from the stockroom)

That's one way to keep guys from stealing your pens. Wink I like how they turned out too. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Me + Craftster = LOVE. Wink
Hey soul sister, ain't that Mister Mister playin' on the stereo, radio? -Train
http://prodegebanners.sitegrip.com/images/swagbucks-173x63Alt1.jpg
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...