A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,717
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Witch/Wiccan/Pagan swap rd 9 Yule/Winter Holiday Card Gallery!  (Read 10854 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ecstatic
Infected with Icanmakethat

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2008 04:59:29 PM »

Anyone know a really good cure for overly dry to the point of cracking heels? I'm dying this year. I've tried everything I can think of - no go.

I would do a hot soak in either baking soda or Epsom salts - nightly. Then, I'd rub some type of moisturizer onto your feet (even Vaseline works), and then put socks over that. Leave the socks on overnight.

Repeat over and over and over until you get to a point where it's comfortable to use a pumice stone. Use a pumice stone on your heels - again, nightly. It's especially important to use it in the area that is prone to cracks. Then, slap the moisturizer on again, then the socks on again (which stay on all night).

I use this method, and I'm a bit of a barefooter ... in other words I like to walk barefoot everywhere, not just in the house.  Wink Cracked heels are a problem for a lot of barefooters, but I haven't had any issues in using my method.

If you've already tried this ... I've got nothing.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never lose a holy curiosity. - Einstein
http://www.wists.com/ecstatic
Windoverireland

Any man can lose his hat in a fairy-wind.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2008 07:20:07 PM »

Thanks Ecstatic - I'll give it a try. I too am a barefooter plus I stand on cement all day. I think years of dancing and toe shoes hung a job on my feet and now that I'm older winter cracking is an issue. Shoes have always been so uncomfortable that I spend most of my time shoeless. I spent years learning to walk outside of dance shoes. I spent so many in toe shoes that I actually damaged the bone structure of my feet. I have the world's ugliest feet and the world's driest - calloused beyond measure. I think I qualify as hobbit feet (no hair though) thank the Goddess or I might cut them off rofl

thanks - i'm going right now
windoverireland
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2008 09:32:17 PM »

we could have a long argument over who has the ugliest feet - I was born with cubes on the end of my legs. Short, wide and deep - mom told me they were the same every direction, and got rough really early on. They are still short and wide, BUT not cracked anymore!

I too could pass for a Hobbit, without the hairy toes.

my daughter has a condition where she can't sweat as much as she is supposed to, which for some reason leads to cracking dry skin. It used to get really bad. The ER doc who tried to STITCH her skin back together on her fingers when it wouldn't stop bleeding from the cracks told me to use aquaphilic ointment on her - it works great!

it is the base that pharmacies use for ointment meds, but you can buy it over the counter as is - and what it does is lock in the moisture - least expensive place that I have found it is at WalMart

Use Ecstatics method, but put aquaphilic on instead of the vaseline.

I don't even bother to pre-soak. If my feet start cracking (or my elbows) I just slather on some aquaphilic really thick and either rub it in or put socks on.

squishy between the toes at first, but that feels good too, LOL! and the skin soaks it up so much all you have to do is rub on the rough spots with a washcloth to get the old stuff off and reveal new skin

good luck!

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
TwistMySister
« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2008 09:55:39 PM »

all i can say is, wow. these cards are absolutely amazing! so beautiful  Smiley fantastic cards ladies, well done!!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/On-The-Front-Line/175858075802771

http://www.etsy.com/shop/OnTheFrontLine
RondaS

« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2008 01:09:09 AM »

all i can say is, wow. these cards are absolutely amazing! so beautiful  Smiley fantastic cards ladies, well done!!!  Cheesy

I bought mine, so I can totally agree with you and not take any credit for anything more than having the good taste to get Amy Brown notecards, LOL!  Grin

Ronda
Blessed be!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Brightest Blessings!
Windoverireland

Any man can lose his hat in a fairy-wind.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2008 03:37:49 AM »

Thank you  I'm willing to try anything - feel better this morning after sock thing and an olive based moisturizer. Will do again and again.....

Have a great day

Never heard of the can't sweat - wonder if that was my mom's problem - she never sweated no matter how much she worked and she was an outdoor person. Cracked finger in all the women in this family. I attribute mine to chalk and my mom and her mom to yard work and dishes. Interesting thought though.

Soft and moist breezes to you all
windoverirland
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Phildude
« Reply #96 on: December 10, 2008 05:23:23 AM »

I think it is lovely and you did a great job on it!

but - I don't know if there is anyone on here with young children who would prefer to not have them look over parents shoulders at that exceptionally well re-created nakedness of the female form! Especially since I can't put a warning lable at the beginning of the thread, LOL!  Wink  If I could post a warning about adult content in the thread title - it would be on here for sure (hint to Saturn?)!

we don't know who may be lurking and I don't want my post segregated to "fix me" limbo by an enthusiastic moderator!  Wink  LOL!

Ronda
blessed be!!!

Ah ok I get it now .
Glad you like it It was definately one of my better ones.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phildude
« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2008 05:31:27 AM »

Oh I just love getting real post freom real people *boing*

Heres the cards I got from Ronda and BT Stars Respectively.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RondaS

« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2008 01:16:02 PM »

Never heard of the can't sweat - wonder if that was my mom's problem - she never sweated no matter how much she worked and she was an outdoor person. Cracked finger in all the women in this family. I attribute mine to chalk and my mom and her mom to yard work and dishes. Interesting thought though.
Soft and moist breezes to you all
windoverirland

I looked up what he called it - Anhydrotic dysplasia - I will send you a PM about it.

Phildude - I am so glad you liked the cards!

Ronda
Blessings!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Brightest Blessings!
robotarsonist

glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2008 01:38:57 PM »

Ok I received from Phildude and MrsZeddies.

Phildude

Beautiful! I love them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Chicken with Ginger and Spring Onion
How to Cook Kung Pao
How to Cook Homemade Sashimi Using Crab and Sea Bream
How to Make a Tasty Sashimi - Salmon, Tuna and Yellowtail
How to Make Your Own Dashi
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...