A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,466
Currently Running With Scissors:
549 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Witch/Wiccan/Pagan swap rd 9 Yule/Winter Holiday Card Gallery!  (Read 10757 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Phildude
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2008 04:15:53 AM »

Shade your story about the shop is helariouse I know its bad but oh so funny.
You know as much as im sure you probly wouldnt want to you could tecknicaly do them for religiouse discrimination , mind you it would probly do them some good to know that. Oh dear

er what are Taai taai  and Saucijzen Broodjes ?

I got a card from Ronda over the weekend I will post a pick when it stops raining long enough to take a photo (my camera dosent take very good pics indoors).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shadeweaver

My reality check just BOUNCED!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2008 10:57:54 AM »

Shade your story about the shop is helariouse I know its bad but oh so funny.
You know as much as im sure you probly wouldnt want to you could tecknicaly do them for religiouse discrimination , mind you it would probly do them some good to know that. Oh dear

er what are Taai taai  and Saucijzen Broodjes ?

Taai taai are a tough chewy Dutch holiday cookie like treat.  They are sort of spiced like American gingerbread but with a black liquorish flavor in them.  In the Netherlands they are molded into some traditional shapes ... here I don't have the molds so I bake them in a jelly roll pan and cut them in little pieces.  Taai taai translates to Tough tough which really does fit ... but they are SOOOO yummy if you like anise flavor and gingerbread.

Saucijzen Broodjes translates to sausage breads.  They are a homemade sausage wrapped in a very flaky breading (think puff pastry).  You find them at most bakeries in the Netherlands ...or at least all the ones I went too ... and they are delish.  But I have been making them since my DH and I were dating, I started making them as surprise and now it is nearly mandatory to have them now.  My sister says the sausage taste earthy ... it has mace in it so I guess she is sort of correct.

I have figured out recipes for most of our favorites .... I am still working on a recipe for Frikandel ...oh how I miss Frikandel Speciaal

I digress, I already miss the foods ... that is one HUGE reason for going on more vacations (when we can scrape the money together) ... don't get me wrong, I love my in-laws ... but the food, oh the food .. bakeries on every corner, German, Belgian, Dutch chocolates ... food stands, olliebollen ...

Excuse me while I go put my drool bib on!

Bright blessings,
Shade:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap?  Heck Yeah!

http://www.wists.com/Shade
Windoverireland

Any man can lose his hat in a fairy-wind.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: December 08, 2008 03:36:52 PM »

Shade - stop - you're killin' me.

My childhood was filled with Hungarian goodies all homemade by grandmother. I too endeavor to recreate many of the wonders of the holiday. Walnut, apricot, prune butter, and poppy seed pastes in log rolls or small crescent cookies. It's the dough that's difficult and all the hand grinding of the walnuts.

Then there's the chicken paprikas and nokedli (think drop dumplings) in a sour cream sauce with paprika and boneless chicken.

Last Christmas I made 8 batches of nokedli - they slurp it up - even my Puerto Rican husband gets on board for that one.

The kids beg for cookies - I said yes, but somebody babysits the twins so i can bake uninterrupted - right like that ever happens rofl

Right now it's 21 and I'm making Hungarian chicken soup - I think everyone with a tummy ache needs it. Virus going around - poops and pukes (I just love teen talk).

I will post Luna's card later - we didn't get to it last night - kids - husbands - you know - insanity!!!

Love to you all and lots of holiday smells to inspire and sustain
windoverireland
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ecstatic
Infected with Icanmakethat

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2008 08:43:37 PM »

I received three new cards.  Cheesy From MrsZeddies, Lunakitten, and Phildude.

Also, I have sent all my cards out as of this morning. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Never lose a holy curiosity. - Einstein
http://www.wists.com/ecstatic
ariaya
Craft-a-holic

What your heart thinks is great, is great.

« Reply #84 on: December 08, 2008 10:16:57 PM »

All my cards are created (I made my own digi-art cards for everyone) and I got FIVE cards in the mail today!! 

Thanks so much to lunakitten, Windoverireland, Mrs.Zeddies, Phildude, and RondaS!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Victoria
~ What your heart thinks is great, is great. ~
~ What Your Heart Thinks Blog ~ Twitter ~
RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2008 07:26:15 AM »

well - at this point I have received four cards, and finally got photos taken last night. then the darn internet went out and I couldn't post them!

ice storms here! yuck!

cards are from mrs. zeddies, lunakitten, windoverireland and phildude!

to see the mildly x-rated front of phildudes card which would likely get me reported if I posted it, see this link:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/08_12_08_041.jpg

also shown slightly disguised on my display wall here:

someone let me know if that one is too risque for public viewing...   Wink

Thank you all! I love them - who doesn't need extra glitter in their lives? and Phildude - absolutely awesome card! my hubby hasn't noticed it yet, but I can't wait til he does, LOL!

Ronda
Bright Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
Phildude
« Reply #86 on: December 09, 2008 09:39:31 AM »

Ahh come on theres been things far far far worse than that tastefull nude  on craftster !!! fanny cup cakes and all sorts.
The pic was taken from the Yule section in the WItches Bible the famouse Farrar book.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

« Reply #87 on: December 09, 2008 10:00:55 AM »

Ahh come on theres been things far far far worse than that tastefull nude  on craftster !!! fanny cup cakes and all sorts.
The pic was taken from the Yule section in the WItches Bible the famouse Farrar book.

I think it is lovely and you did a great job on it!

but - I don't know if there is anyone on here with young children who would prefer to not have them look over parents shoulders at that exceptionally well re-created nakedness of the female form! Especially since I can't put a warning lable at the beginning of the thread, LOL!  Wink  If I could post a warning about adult content in the thread title - it would be on here for sure (hint to Saturn?)!

we don't know who may be lurking and I don't want my post segregated to "fix me" limbo by an enthusiastic moderator!  Wink  LOL!

Ronda
blessed be!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
LunaKitten
LunaKitten Kreations

I have affairs with fictitious characters.

« Reply #88 on: December 09, 2008 10:10:31 AM »

Great ladies, now I'm STARVING lol. But, I think I'm going to be stuck with mac n cheese today. Little one is puking and pooping... and it has not been such a great day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Substantial Wist Smiley

Forget all the other crafting tools, what I really want is a sonic screwdriver!!!!

Blessed Be!

I'm up for personal swaps! PM Me! Smiley

Etsy Shop
Windoverireland

Any man can lose his hat in a fairy-wind.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: December 09, 2008 03:21:14 PM »

I love the art work Phil - having Jess go to art school, I had several years of nudes - you should see the "Naked Lady" that Jess did in charcoal. She's 78" long (yes 6 1/2 ft) and about 3 feet wide. I had her mounted and framed - I love it! Frequently I have to warn parents who are sending their children to visit. It's all very tasteful (no crotch shot). Of course it's Jessi's and I love everything she draws! I wouldn't have a problem and I don't believe in sheltering children from art nudes. If you don't make a big deal out of it they don't either - but that's just me.

Wind here - literally. Storm tonight - rain - storm Thursday - 7" of snow and 1/2" ice. Could get interesting lol Typical PA winter forecast.

Anyone know a really good cure for overly dry to the point of cracking heels? I'm dying this year. I've tried everything I can think of - no go.

Thanks all
wintery breezes coming at ya
windoverireland
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sub Sandwich Recipe
Short Ribs Recipe
How to Make Boneless Breaded Chicken Leg Cajun Style
How to Make Creole Brown Roux Part 4/5
How to Make Jasmine Rice with Chicken in a Crock Pot
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...