I made some bangles out of pop cans. Pretty simple to do. Ten of them took me about an hour.
1. Find cans. This is easy enough if you drink a lot of soda, or if you can find a recylcing bin (I took mine from a bin at school).
2. Cut the cans up. This can be kinda dangerous so wear safety glasses. Last thing you need is shrapnel in your eye! But basically find a sharp pair of scissors (I used my kitchen scissors) and cut the cans into smaller cylinders. MAKE SURE that they are full circles and not strips!
3. Fold the cylinders flat and trim any bad edges. Also cut into smaller cylinders. I got about two bracelets per can.
4. Fold the cylinders in half horizontally.
5. Open the whole thing back up and make two slits halfway into the cylinder.
6. Fold the cylinder in half horizontally. This can be kinda tricky but work with it and I should fold over.
7. At this point you can either file or sand down the rough edges or take the easy route and cover any sharp edges with clear tape. (or if you want I suppose you could use contact paper or colored tape, as long as the edges are covered so you don't get cut when putting them on or wearing them!)
That's about it. Pretty simple and quick to make. Not to mention I think they look pretty cool. ^_^
This is my first tutorial so lemme know if any of you need clarification on anything!