A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,487
Currently Running With Scissors:
390 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lap Quilts For All Swap: Round 4 Gallery  (Read 20431 times)
Tags for this thread: template  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ritapizza
« Reply #120 on: December 15, 2008 11:45:59 AM »

cool! glad you like your block, gordongirl! I really liked working with your pretty fabrics!

John, your block for Poerava is really really cool! I can totally see the basket of tulips and it's beautiful! perfect piecing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

j_q_adams
« Reply #121 on: December 15, 2008 12:53:13 PM »

John, your block for Poerava is really really cool! I can totally see the basket of tulips and it's beautiful! perfect piecing!

Thanks, but I purposely cropped it so that you couldn't see my crazy-a** edges ... they need some trimming, but I'll be sure to do it before I return the block!  Those little tulips were small, and I'm not great with small pieces.  But I felt like it was a great match for the fabrics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
poerava
« Reply #122 on: December 15, 2008 04:04:59 PM »

John- I love the block you made for me, thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Poerava
Please consider being a bone marrow/stem cell donor, you could help save a life. http://www.marrow.org/HELP/Join_the_Donor_Registry/index.html
I have vintage sewing pattern in various sizes available for trade. Also a vintage knitting booklet available. pm if intereste
Gordongirl
« Reply #123 on: December 16, 2008 08:59:18 AM »

I added a picture of the block I made for Klum78.

I know that Glittergirl is making a friendship star block, and normally I wouldn't duplicate a pattern, but I started cutting out the block I had planned to make ~ only to discover I was about a 1/4" short of the fabric needed.  But by that time I had already started cutting your fabrics.  So I had to figure out what I could make with the pieces cut and with the remaining fabrics.

I hope you aren't too disappointed!!   Cry  I also ended up with some bonus 3.5" half square triangles with your fabrics though, if you can use them let me know.  I'll send them along with your block and leftover fabrics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ritapizza
« Reply #124 on: December 17, 2008 10:16:12 AM »

Gordongirl ~ your block for klum is very pretty! her fabrics are so beautiful like that with the pretty flower in the middle.

LibbyK ~ I love your house block for Ashley!! it's very cute and her fabrics are gorgeous! I would love to make house blocks too! what pattern did you use or did you make up the pattern?

I lied... I had time to make a block for KRB last night! thanks for sending so much fabric! I'm sending a lot of it back too.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008 10:18:28 AM by ritapizza » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LibbyK

Eres la fea mas bella y no te has dado cuenta...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: December 17, 2008 10:47:39 AM »

For the house block I just drafted the pattern on graph paper and followed that.  The parts with the door and windows are both 6" square, to give you a sense of the proportion.

A long while ago someone asked what kind of iron I use and I never responded...  I have a Proctor and Silex iron that I bought a Big Lots for under $10 about six years ago.  I cannot believe it has lasted so long and served me so well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://quiltster.blogspot.com

If you are working on (or thinking about starting) a postage stamp quilt with 1.5" squares, I have scraps and squares to give away.  PM me if you're interested.
ritapizza
« Reply #126 on: December 17, 2008 10:57:16 AM »

Thanks, LibbyK! you're amazing to draft such a cool house block pattern! it turned out really cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FlashleyAshley

mashley forever

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #127 on: December 17, 2008 01:57:40 PM »

ahhhhh libbyk! That block for me is so adorable. I wanna live in a house that looks like that Cheesy

and I meant to but forgot to say thank you to whoodedoo_5 for my lovely block aswell! and to the boyfriend for liking my fabrics Tongue SOmehow you always manage to use all the fabric without making it look all disjointed..yay!

and thatbluesea, I love your fabrics! That is my favorite color combination and what I wanted to use for this swap, but couldn't find enough fabric I liked. I can't wait to see all your blocks together!

There are tons more blocks that I oohed and ahhed over in the gallery, but they slipped my mind at the moment. I'll have to open up 2 browser windows so I can properly comment later Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.ohthatashley.blogspot.com
I'm working on getting my blog up, check it out! Smiley
j_q_adams
« Reply #128 on: December 17, 2008 02:34:25 PM »

Libby, I too love your house block!  SOO-OO cool!  Kinda makes me want to do a full house quilt -- see how every person interprets a house differently and make a funky little village.  Hmmmm ... ... ... maybe for LQS5 ... ??    Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SimplySandy
« Reply #129 on: December 17, 2008 03:47:02 PM »

Ritapizza, I love your block for KRB!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Style Your Hair for Prom - Accessorizing the Straight Look
Learn how to Style Your Hair for Prom - Completing the Straight Look
Learn how to Style Your Hair for Prom - Straight Look
Styling Your Hair for the Prom
Summer Beauty Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...