A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,575
Currently Running With Scissors:
668 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini Holiday Swap Round 2 sign up CLOSED, send by 12/13  (Read 12230 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

angrykittymeowmeow
« Reply #120 on: November 24, 2008 12:23:15 PM »

All there has to be is a chance of snow here and they call off school.  But I guess since we don't really get snow, and schools get a set amount of snow days a year, they can do it lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY COMPUTER IS OFFICIALLY DEAD!  I WILL BE OFF CRAFTSTER UNTIL LATE FEB, EARLY MARCH WHEN I BUY ANOTHER.
freestyle
aka ModernSpin

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2008 12:31:43 PM »

People got crazy and stock up here too if there is a few inches of snow. Schools close and we are even advised not to drive too far.

For serious?!  It takes about two feet for school to close where I'm from, and that's only if it snows really quickly (they can't plow the roads fast enough for buses to drive safely).  I can't recall any don't-drive-too-far advisories as a result of snow, just don't-go-anywhere-because-it's-30-below-and-you'll-freeze-to-death advisories.   Cheesy

I'm going home about this time tomorrow...  Snow forts here I come!

I've never made a snow fort before. I'm lucky if I get enough for a snow angel.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sundayafternoonhousewife
Super Crafty

handmade crafts and unsolicited advice

« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2008 12:46:07 PM »

Glad to hear everyone is making such progress, and being so chatty. We have had some flurries here in Indy, but no snow yet. It'll come though, of that I have no doubt.

Well, I have a ton to do round here, just wanted to say that I might be absent from the boards for a few days, so please forgive me in advance. Thanksgiving is a mere 2 days away now and I have 21 people coming over, the house is still a mess, and the kitchen isn't even finished being remodeled, so yeah, I'm a bit frazzled and busy, but I will do my best to keep in touch. If there is a problem, please don't hesitate to PM as they go to my phone and are easy to respond to, even if I don't have time to sit down at computer.

All that being said, It sure is feeling like the holidays!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty bit of the internet:
http://sundayafternoonhousewife.com/
Lady Llanalla

Half Birthday Cake Face Girl

« Reply #123 on: November 24, 2008 01:54:00 PM »

For those of you in the hinterland north where it snows you will probably get a kick out of what I am about to post. When growing up in the San Francisco Bay area (and here in Las Vegas where I now live) they do not have snow days because, well there is no snow, but there are rain days! Yes, I said it... they take days off for rain... it doesn't happen often, but they do do it! Oh so silly I think, I even remember a wind day once when I was a kid and the Santa Anna's were really acting up.
   In the summer we get heat advisories though! When its pushing 120 degree F out there they tell people to stay inside. That's icky though... the power bills get astronomical.
   That is not very holiday of me, so instead I will let you all in on my little pumpkin pie secret. Instead of pumpkin I use Butternut squash. The pie comes out creamier and smoother and just lovely and you can buy cubed squash at the grocery store and not mess with baking a pumpkin, which is nice. I am going to experiment with other squashes this year I think as well. My husband eats pumpkin pie like its the only edible thing in the house, so I get lots of practice.
   Hope everyone is going to get crafty in the kitchen this Thanksgiving ... or if you don't live in the states enjoy another regular week before Christmahanakwansamas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I swap, so in crafting terms I guess that means I put out... You?
Pinky Yarn
« Reply #124 on: November 24, 2008 07:03:43 PM »

I know what I'm making for my partner and have all the supplies. I'm so excited. I personally hate snow, it's cold and wet. I live in Texas so we only get a little bit of snow on easter.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay finally done moving!

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help'." - Ronald Reagan
phnxreign99
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #125 on: November 24, 2008 09:01:07 PM »

I don't like the snow much either, at least not to live in.  I do like to visit it every once in awhile - to go ski or something (although I haven't done that in a few years).  I only miss it at Christmas!  It was a lovely 80 degrees today.  It's supposed to be about 66 on Thanksgiving so we were hoping that would put us in a holiday mood (yes, that would be cold for us!) ... but it's also supposed to be raining - rain is usually a treat, but not on a holiday! 

I'm still in the planning stages ... I finished up another swap today and am sending it out tomorrow, so I think on Friday I should be able to start some things.  I will probably go into withdrawals, having to put away my supplies to do some cooking for Thursday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Got this piece of shrinky dink ... had it for 25 years now.  It's moved to five states and one European country ... and I just know, someday ... SOMEDAY ... I WILL use it!
Lady Llanalla

Half Birthday Cake Face Girl

« Reply #126 on: November 25, 2008 09:09:04 AM »

Cooking is crafting! I made 2 pies and four tarts last night. Okay, so the apple pie went in this morning, but they will be great for dinner tonight! Holiday mood... here I come
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I swap, so in crafting terms I guess that means I put out... You?
mrsmartin428
« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2008 11:01:11 AM »

Blah, hubby had to haul all the kids to the doctor yesterday.   Undecided  They've had snotty noses and coughs for about a week, and I was concerned there were infections brewing (esp. my older daughter, she has asthma so anything respiratory hits her hard).  Luckily none of the kids have anything worse than nasty colds, but then when hubby woke up this morning he had a fever, chills, aches, the whole nine...guess he caught the flu.  If he's still sick on Thanksgiving he's going to have to stay home while me and the kids head to my aunt's house for the festivities.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

C'mon get happy!  :-P
freestyle
aka ModernSpin

« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2008 12:53:14 PM »

Guess who has tomorrow off? Me!!!
Guess who will spend the day crafting? Me!!!
{does a super-happy dance}
THIS ROCKS   Logged

squirrelgirl

I'm a hot pink llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: November 25, 2008 03:18:33 PM »

I can't even think of starting my swap items until December. I'm going to be spending Thanksgiving and the days after it moving my bookstore 3 stores down the street. Then I have to cook a cheesecake, casserole, and cranberry sauce for that night! I would much rather be working on this swap  Tongue.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart comics! Visit my store website!
http://www.guapocomicsandbooks.com/

EL WISTO:
http://www.wists.com/alliemaries
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tobias Buche, at Lehmann Maupin
How to Make a Paper Mache Baby Dragon
How to Make a Paper Mache Fishwichwich
How to Make a Paper Mache Pig
How to Make a 4-Minute Dragon
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...