A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,733
Currently Running With Scissors:
650 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I need new ideas!--please post your homemade Christmas ornaments  (Read 55829 times)
Tags for this thread: ornament  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

HippieKender
The most precious thing one can make is a friend.

I tend to lick circular things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2008 04:11:22 PM »

I can't find the thread, but last year, I made a bunch of ornaments for my grandparents. You take a styrofoam ball and cut in about 1/4 inch into 8 sectors. Than you get fabri a little bigger than the sectors, and stuff it around it, and have alternating fabrics. With a ribbon on top! They're so precious and look super professional.

I think this is the thread you are looking for Cheesy
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=206148.0

These are super cute and so easy to make!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cute_anarchy
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2008 05:41:20 PM »

I found another super cool/easy decorations project - I think they have a lot of potential for color combos.

http://www.designspongeonline.com/2007/11/diy-wednesdays-modern-paper-ornaments.html

I bet these, and many of the other decorations would be fun projects with kids too.  Thanks for sharing everybody, this is a fun thread!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a medium aged procrastinator, with a room full of craft supplies! 

I've got a wist and a pinterest: http://www.wists.com/cute_anarchy 
arosado
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2008 05:27:41 PM »

I made these ornaments last weekend from a tut that I found somewhere here on craftster. Instead of making 8 equal sections on the styrofoam balls the sections are random to make the fabric look quilted.  I just used lots of leftover fabric scraps that I have.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pogo
Ardiente

Ready for something new...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2008 06:38:26 PM »

I love everyone's ideas so far!
I didn't notice anyone posting these yet though -

Not a new idea but easy to make and each is unique.
You only need a couple of materials:
1) glass balls
2) paint
3) rubbing alcohol
The glass balls are at most art stores (Michael's or JoAnn's), prep the balls by pouring in rubbing alcohol, dump and let dry. Then all you need to do is pour in a little paint, across from it: use another color, and add more, spacing them apart, in this way as desired - don't add a ton of paint or it will take longer to dry and keep pooling - which is not always attractive. THEN *SLOWLY* turn the ball to get the swirl effect. Slowly doing so (ie: think minutes in between turns = doing it like every 5 minutes - then 10 minutes) is key - continuing to turn with less frequency over the next day or two....even though I am super impatient. Tongue (Since I am impatient I do generally end up pouring out the extra paint so they stop changing.
I've made quite a few and given away quite a few. My friends have loved the ones I've add quotes too also.
Also shown in this picture is crocheted tree ornaments. I did not make these but they are super cute and basically upside down pineapples (or so my friend said):
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little site about giving, with a splash of crafting: http://www.fierygivingtree.com
Smuckers9
artist and a cat.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2008 07:23:43 PM »

This is such a fun thread...
i love ornaments Smiley
there so fun!
this inspired me to make some...so i will post soon Cheesy
the marbled paint ornaments are really fun and super easy...
my sister and i made them for our grandparents once and they loved them!
they look so cool when they are done too...

Great ornaments everyone!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindsycarranza

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2008 07:53:12 PM »

This thread is awesome, I've been browsing all the posts and links and ideas and have been on an ornament making frenzy! I think this year my hubby and I are finally gonna get a tree so I'm hoping to save some money buy making most of the ornaments myself, plus I'm making everyone in my family and ornament AND instead of bows on the gifts I'm making little paper tree's with a quilling technique from a link on this thread. Busy Busy!

I'll try to take some pics once I finish some more and I can't wait to show everyone the ornament I made for a swap (on myspace) but I have to wait until she gets it first Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Okay so once again I am completely redoing my pictures. Got tired of photobucket, the only reason I used it was for here so I decided I will just use Craftster's photo uploader. So while I am switching over my photo links will be broken. Message me if there is a post you would like the pics for.
Pinkaholic

I <3 shiny things

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2008 06:02:52 AM »

Ooh everything is so, so pretty.

I remember last year there was a lovely little star ornament on craftster. It had spikes of folded paper all around it. I remember that the first step was that you had to cut out a circle the size of a cd... and I don't remember the rest. I can't find it again, either. Does anybody remember who made it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love me for who I am
mimiw
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2008 06:29:44 AM »

I went by Michael's yesterday and all their make-it-yourself glass ball ornaments were 1/2 off!  I bought a bunch and went on an ornament making frenzy!  I'll post them when they are all done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lmcbride
It's business time.

My place is usually tidier than this.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2008 08:46:00 AM »

I am so happy I found this thread!  I am an ornament maniac and when I get a chance I will post some of my favorites that I've made over the years. Smiley  Everything so far is beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Get rid of all your boring, tiresome friends. Make friends with cabaret stars, exotic dancers, and down-on-their-luck royality instead." Jonathan Adler
dcowherd
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2008 06:17:53 PM »

I made these korknisse last year for an ornament exchange.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Look Chic But Feel Comfy
DIY Cute American Flag Shorts
5 Trendy Spring Looks For Less
Kellan Lutz Reveals His One Fashion Mistake
Pharrell to Collaborate with Adidas Using Recycled Materials
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...