A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,221
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 56
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lap Quilts For All Swap- Round 4! CLOSED!  (Read 29600 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

j_q_adams
« Reply #170 on: November 23, 2008 10:36:37 AM »

P.S. I forgot to mention it in my note, but please feel free to cut a square of any of my fabrics if you want it for a scrappy project ... otherwise, I'd love the rest of the scraps back to help me make a border!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LouraPalmr
Seamstress Of Hairspray Beauty Lounge

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #171 on: November 23, 2008 10:54:58 AM »

i think i'm going to do fabric packs next weekend after the big sales, i hope to find some fun stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"no shirt, no shoes, no dice"

My Etsy - http://www.DevilDogCouture.etsy.com
southern flower
Better the Devil that you know...

I'm not arrogant, I'm just right

« Reply #172 on: November 23, 2008 01:49:28 PM »

Smiley I posted my first completed block for Poerva in the Gallery.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

1boy1girl1kitty2
« Reply #173 on: November 23, 2008 02:48:51 PM »

i have had more than one person email or pm about my address . . . it is written EXACTLY how i typed it, why is there confusion? i don't mean to be rude, really but i have others swaps and other things and when i check emails and have to respond to a "whats your address" it takes minutes away from something else. i typed it exactly how it should be written on an envelope so that i would avoid these emails and i am posting this message so that anyone else who might ask the same thing can look here.

NOW . . . i have a question. I am sending Batiks, i have roughly 25 different ones. i'm going for bright and bold but i want to use as many of the prints i have. now not everyone will get the same ones but i'm haveing trouble decide how many pieces i should put in the packages. or if i should put say a green, a blue, a pink, and 2 reds or maybe theme it up and 2 reds, 2 blues or 3 greens and a pink. any suggestions?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly - check out my profile for wishlist and wist
- looking for a HTF superhero squad knit fabric (cartoonish superman, iron man and the like)
audrey1999

I think I have become addicted to quilting.

« Reply #174 on: November 23, 2008 03:30:29 PM »

1boy1girl1kitty2:  I would put one of each color (one red, green, blue, etc.) in so you have a wider variety of colors in the final quilt.  Do you remember my batik quilt from round 1-2?  That is what I did and I like the way it turned out.  I am excited about your batiks, I love them!
Here is what mine turned out like:  http://audreypawdrey.blogspot.com/2008/07/craftster-lap-quilt-swap-top-is-pieced.html  It is really bright...

I will probably sending out after Thanksgiving.  I need more fabric for the second group and I can not make up my mind.  It is going to be for a baby quilt, and I think I am going to try to use some of my stash.  I have been cleaning, getting ready for in-law visits and found 4 yards of two fun colored bright prints-so I think I want to use those but I haven't decided what to match them with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Attention swap partners! My blog and flickr have spoilers! 
http://audreypawdrey.blogspot.com
1boy1girl1kitty2
« Reply #175 on: November 23, 2008 03:53:01 PM »

OMG that quilt looks awesome! how many peices did you put in your packages
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly - check out my profile for wishlist and wist
- looking for a HTF superhero squad knit fabric (cartoonish superman, iron man and the like)
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: November 23, 2008 04:22:03 PM »

i have had more than one person email or pm about my address . . . it is written EXACTLY how i typed it, why is there confusion? i don't mean to be rude, really but i have others swaps and other things and when i check emails and have to respond to a "whats your address" it takes minutes away from something else. i typed it exactly how it should be written on an envelope so that i would avoid these emails and i am posting this message so that anyone else who might ask the same thing can look here.

I'm guessing because you didn't put the country and it looks really odd to someone who is used to US addresses. I would rather have someone double check on an address than send it out incorrectly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/13

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
audrey1999

I think I have become addicted to quilting.

« Reply #177 on: November 23, 2008 05:15:54 PM »

OMG that quilt looks awesome! how many peices did you put in your packages

I only had 7different fabrics and included 6 in each package.  Some people used all of it but some only used three.  Thanks!  I made a couple blocks but the rest were made by fellow swap participants in rounds 1-2.  I have been very happy with how my lap quilts from this swap have turned out, there have been some great quilters and I know that will continue in this round! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Attention swap partners! My blog and flickr have spoilers! 
http://audreypawdrey.blogspot.com
Laural
I like exclamation points!!

« Reply #178 on: November 24, 2008 02:37:57 AM »

I can't wait to see what everyone is sending. That many batiks sounds awesome! I found a huge bag of 5x5" batiks in my mom's stash yesterday. It will probably be there for a few more years before one of us does something with it though.

I think it's because there isn't a country. I send a lot of stuff to other countries so I'm used to checking the postal code but some may not be.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008 02:47:07 AM by Laural » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's put the FUN back in dysfunctional!!

Wists: http://wists.com/PrincessLaural
j_q_adams
« Reply #179 on: November 24, 2008 10:59:32 AM »

MONDAY UPDATE
Just a quick note that my fabrics were sent from the post office first thing this morning!  The mail lady (and the people behind me on line) weren't too happy ... but I was very happy for them to be on their way.

Have a happy Thanksgiving, everyone (err, those in the U.S., anyway)!!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008 10:59:58 AM by j_q_adams » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 56 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Preparing to Use Photoshop Lesson 4
Preparing to Use Photoshop Lesson 2
Preparing to Use Photoshop Lesson 1
Introduction to Photoshop Lesson 1
The Basic of Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...