A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,171
Currently Running With Scissors:
494 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 56
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lap Quilts For All Swap- Round 4! CLOSED!  (Read 29548 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kaishabackwards
I am interested in politics so that one day I will not have to be interested in politics.

My eyes are nothing like the sun.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2008 01:30:54 AM »

I can't wait for to start on this!!  I am packaging up my fabrics tomorrow so they'll be all ready to go and all I have to do is add addresses and send!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whoopdedoo_5
I can resist anything...except temptation :P

« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2008 03:52:08 AM »

3 spots left Smiley if any one wants another spot sign up now! Smiley hehe

on another note...I have to send out 33 packages! lol I wonder how the post office people will look when I show up! I think I might split it up into two days? Also I have been way more organized on this swap...this round I am printing out all address's and checking off people when I receive and send along with the swap organizers. Each round I find better ways to organize things and package better! Cant wait to start on some blocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

audrey1999

I think I have become addicted to quilting.

« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2008 04:49:33 AM »

We are almost there!  I am going to cut my fabric up tonight and then see what I can send for my second group.    I can't wait to get started!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Attention swap partners! My blog and flickr have spoilers! 
http://audreypawdrey.blogspot.com
chinarockfishakm

Ralphie Jr. (Christmas Story)

« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2008 05:01:26 AM »

I dont know if im using the original fabric I had planned on or buying more. I know its sad to go back to the fabric store but i'll deal with it:-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft-ish Blog: http://notimeforcrafting.blogspot.com/

Anyone wanna help a good cause and buy a sonography class cookbook so I can go to a seminar in September? They are $15 alone, and $20 with handmade potholders. PM me!
Laural
I like exclamation points!!

« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2008 05:12:27 AM »

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. I found a fabric that I would really love to be a lap/baby quilt. It would pare my fabrics down to 3 but I think I will like it more. I just need to find a brown to go with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's put the FUN back in dysfunctional!!

Wists: http://wists.com/PrincessLaural
j_q_adams
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2008 06:37:47 AM »

As of last night, my fabrics are all cut, divvied up, and ready to go.  I still don't have a picture, as I've been at work for all daylight hours and it's too dark at night to get a good picture.  I'll try to get one before I seal the envelopes!  If not, I made a couple of starter blocks from my fabrics and will definitely post pictures of those ... even though they don't represent all of the different fabrics I'm sending out.  (My selection includes at least 25-30 different fabrics because I started with a group of fat quarters that are all different.  No two packets of fabrics (and no two blocks) will be the same!).

I can't wait to get started!  ritapizza ... gordongirl ... still interested in a second slot??   Wink
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008 07:11:56 AM by j_q_adams » THIS ROCKS   Logged
FlashleyAshley

mashley forever

« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2008 09:11:20 AM »

gordongirl has graciously taken a second slot; now we are waiting on ONE slot being filled so we can close.

I don't want to peer pressure anyone in to doing something that they don't want to do, but...when I did this swap and was only in 1 group, I was really bummed when I finished my blocks with a month to spare and had to look at the gallery without contributing anything new! When you do 2 groups, there are usually several people that are in both groups, so the shipping cost of adding another group is only around $8 per sendout. (that has bee MY experience, it could be defferent for you depending on how much fabric you send, how you package, etc.) Through this swap, I've met some great people and made new friends, both online and in real life. It's really a great group of veterans LQ swappers, and an equally impressive group of new LQ swappers that we've got here.  Also, if you are in 2 groups, you could make a queen sized quilt or two lap quilts--perfect gifts for those spring time baby showers & birthdays.
Just some things to think about. If you think you will be overwhelmed and cannot handle it, please don't feel pressured in to joining a second or third group. But if you are on the fence and just need a gentle nudge, consider yourself nudged!

*KRB filled in one slot, just waiting on ONE more now!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008 09:38:29 AM by FlashleyAshley » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.ohthatashley.blogspot.com
I'm working on getting my blog up, check it out! Smiley
glittergirl94
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2008 09:33:47 AM »

This will be my third round for this swap.  The first time I only did one group and like Ashley, was sad when I was done and everyone else was still sewing away.  The last round I did two groups and it was great!  This round I'm doing all three, but the only way I could justify it was having all sorts of time off during the holidays (I'm a teacher) and all three of my nieces have birthday's coming up after the holidays (Feb, March, and April)... what a great gift... a lap quilt!!!  =D

ps

Weekly Checking In!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008 09:34:50 AM by glittergirl94 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Gordongirl
« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2008 09:42:00 AM »

Okay, I'm in for two!  I already had my first group of fabrics cut up and ready to go.  I'll do my second group soon, but here's the fabric I've decided on.

The colors are more muted than I usually use, I mostly go for jewel tones or brights or batiks or.... ok, so I go for it all almost!  If it's fabric it's free game!

Anyhow, I'll get cracking on my 2nd group packets!
 Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
audrey1999

I think I have become addicted to quilting.

« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2008 09:43:33 AM »

It really does go by a lot quicker than you think it will!  I did two swaps last time and it was perfect for me.  One group did go by too quickly.

I love your fabric gordongirl!  That will be so pretty when it is done. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Attention swap partners! My blog and flickr have spoilers! 
http://audreypawdrey.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 56 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cambodian Stir Fried Tofu Recipe
Coconut Rice With Shrimp Recipe
How to Make an Indonesian Beef Stew
How to Make Thai Chicken Pizza
How to Make Kimchi with Chef Judy Joo
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...