A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,536
Currently Running With Scissors:
564 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 56
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lap Quilts For All Swap- Round 4! CLOSED!  (Read 29803 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

whoopdedoo_5
I can resist anything...except temptation :P

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2008 03:19:06 AM »

I joined this swap, it's my 1st doing it.
I am planning a trip to the fabric store this week-end, I am thinking 5 different fabric but we'll see.
Now I have a question, how much of each fabric should I send? I am fairly new at this.
Thanks

i usually send five different prints along or more because I want them to have enough fabric just incase, they dont have to use all five prints if they dont want to but its there incase they run out of something else Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaishabackwards
I am interested in politics so that one day I will not have to be interested in politics.

My eyes are nothing like the sun.

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2008 03:48:07 AM »

I joined this swap, it's my 1st doing it.
I am planning a trip to the fabric store this week-end, I am thinking 5 different fabric but we'll see.
Now I have a question, how much of each fabric should I send? I am fairly new at this.
Thanks

The blocks you send should be bigger than the required 9"x9"  It's hard to work with such small pieces.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Linnybelle
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2008 03:55:02 AM »

I really wish I could do this one, but I just started full time instead of relief at my job and don't know the time or how it's going to affect me at all.  I'll definitely be lurking in the gallery though and hoping to join a round in the future.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
j_q_adams
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2008 05:58:37 AM »

I've found a good rule of thumb is to start with fat quarters (18" x 22" cuts) and halve them into 18" X 11" pieces.  I think this is what I sent last round.  Or, you could halve them again into 9" x 11" pieces and still meet the requirement.  Remember, the more you send, the more flexibility you are giving the maker to choose from a lot of different design options.

Another tip ... choose a solid or neutral that matches your fabrics and send a piece in every package.  It helps to tie all of the finished  blocks together.

Also, be sure to indicate whether or not you're OK with people adding in some of their own fabrics into your blocks, or if you'd rather they just stick to what was sent.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stafishtaylz
Don't lose your dinosaur.

I have a rock, I have an iron.

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2008 07:02:19 AM »

Oh boy! I've been waiting for round 4 since round 2, since I skipped round 3...

BUT I still haven't put my quilt top together from the last round...

what to do, what to do...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KRB
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2008 07:56:23 AM »

It has been a long time since I quilted and I was just wondering what everybody's favorite pattern or technique is. I've been looking up patterns and practicing.

I did a Goshen Star yesterday, which I got from www.quilt.com . It's beautiful. Anyone wanna see? I'll get a photo uploaded soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

poerava
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2008 08:16:18 AM »

I've found a good rule of thumb is to start with fat quarters (18" x 22" cuts) and halve them into 18" X 11" pieces.  I think this is what I sent last round.  Or, you could halve them again into 9" x 11" pieces and still meet the requirement.  Remember, the more you send, the more flexibility you are giving the maker to choose from a lot of different design options.

Another tip ... choose a solid or neutral that matches your fabrics and send a piece in every package.  It helps to tie all of the finished  blocks together.

Also, be sure to indicate whether or not you're OK with people adding in some of their own fabrics into your blocks, or if you'd rather they just stick to what was sent.

Thank you.
It's what i was thinking but i just wanted to be sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Poerava
Please consider being a bone marrow/stem cell donor, you could help save a life. http://www.marrow.org/HELP/Join_the_Donor_Registry/index.html
I have vintage sewing pattern in various sizes available for trade. Also a vintage knitting booklet available. pm if intereste
FlashleyAshley

mashley forever

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2008 11:23:57 AM »

In the last round, I had 1.5 yards of my main fabric and bought the others in 1 yard increments. That gave me about 9x11" pieces of the coordinating fabrics and a a bit more for the main fabric (I don't feel like doing the math right now!)

What I'd do is make 1 pack of fabric with how much you're planning on sending and use that to make your first block to make sure it's enough.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.ohthatashley.blogspot.com
I'm working on getting my blog up, check it out! Smiley
Gordongirl
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2008 01:24:24 PM »

This looks like such a fun swap!  I've been following along with Audrey for the last round and I'm quite excited  to participate during this round!

I've done so many swaps, but never here at Crafster, so hopefully I won't make a major faux pas!

Now, for those fabrics....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Laural
I like exclamation points!!

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2008 03:26:48 PM »

I really want to do this but should probably wait. I'll check my stash though. I could have sworn that I was good to go on fabric for a sushi quilt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's put the FUN back in dysfunctional!!

Wists: http://wists.com/PrincessLaural
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 56 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Hottest Spring Fashion Tips for Moms
How to Style a Fluffy Jumper
Style Sound Off: Scarlett Johansson, Emma Watson, Kim Kardashian, Shailene
7 Reasons Your Clothes Might Be Turning Men Off
Lululemon Releases Line of Post-Workout Clothes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...