A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,715
Currently Running With Scissors:
765 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Central Florida crafters!! where are you??  (Read 22515 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

apixiegrl
« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2007 12:55:05 PM »

I've been to both places.. The Black Sheep carries mostly needle point and embroiydery supplies.. the do have a small selection of yarns and needles in the back of the store. Sip and Knit is a fully stocked yarn shop with enough yarn for any knitter.. she also carries a variety of needles.. If u need a special needle call her first to see if she has it in stock.
Two other shops in the area that are a bit farther are KNIT! located in Longwood and Knit n Nibble in Tampa. Both are a bit of a trip from Kissimmee but wonderful knitting shops. Hope that helps. (^_^)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

denika
« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2007 07:32:21 AM »

My partner and I will be living in east Orlando at the end of the month. It would be great if we could start up a central Florida stitch and bitch or craft group. We don't knit but we both crochet. I also cross stitch on occasion, embroider, make jewelry out of thrifted buttons and shrinky dinks, and illustrate on the computer.

Hope to meet some of you out there...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

apixiegrl
« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2007 09:10:56 AM »

There are a few SnB groups in the Orlando area you might want to check out..here is one.. I'm not sure of the area you are moving to but this is in the east orlando area
nygk http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nygk/
 This is a fun group..I go to this one even though it's not very close to me.... I'm in Kissimmee, which is south of there. I knit and crochet and some of the other ladies embroider and knit..there are some spinners.. all are welcome. I tend to notice that most knitters also do other crafts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SheriB626
Stuff on my head

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2007 10:25:03 AM »

Oh wow, Sip and Knit looks wonderful, but it also looks like the kind of yarn that I'm currently too poor to endulge in.  Maybe after my internship starts, I'll be able to buy some!

Looks like they're mostly focused towards knitters, though.  I guess I'll have to stick to JoAnn's and Michael's for my crochet needs.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly <3
nero_fiore

Crafting is fun! Even kids can do it!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: September 29, 2007 09:49:46 PM »

i could have sworn there was a little hobbie/craft store in downtown deland?maybe they moved?

DeLand Quilt shop on Rich has a great selection of fabrics. They just moved into a larger location from their little shop on New York Ave. There's also a bead shop on Rich, as well as one on 17-92. These shops are a bit more pricey, but great selection.

I wish there was more stuff in Deland. We're in the process of moving downtown but it seems like so many businesses are leaving.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

liebschien

"Do or do not - there is no try." - Yoda

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2007 07:26:25 PM »

I'm in Polk County and I was certain there were no yarn stores in the area. That is until I went to a nice little hair salon off Overlook Drive and saw, to my delight and surprise, the Yarn Basket in the same plaza. It's not huge, but it's there, which is the important part.

And, besides Jo-Ann's, there are two quilting shops in Winter Haven. One is called Heart to Heart Fabrics & More and it's right near Jo-Ann's. The other (and bigger) one is called Heartfelt Quilting & Sewing.

I have visited all three places and give them all a thumbs up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flipflopsgirl21
« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2007 07:17:50 AM »

i live in east orlando, and i'm always up for meeting fellow crafty people :-)

i'm into scrapbooking, photography, sewing, and learning to knit/crochet. i like to stencil too :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
OneCraftyBitch!
I'm a Legend in my spare time!

She's Crafty, she's got the craft!

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 06, 2007 04:53:43 AM »

And, besides Jo-Ann's, there are two quilting shops in Winter Haven. One is called Heart to Heart Fabrics & More and it's right near Jo-Ann's. The other (and bigger) one is called Heartfelt Quilting & Sewing.

I have visited all three places and give them all a thumbs up!
[/quote]

I visited a quilt shop in downtown Lakeland, it was on the same street as the big scrapbook store called victorias or something like that I can remember.  I am bad.  The quilt shop was so nice though. I loved downtown.  Adorable!  I live in Pinellas County.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
digitaldeath
oxys moros

i like pie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2008 04:56:39 PM »

deltona here Cheesy

woot!

i'm pretty new to the area and i haven't had a chance to go digging around town for art supplies yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

humor can be found in any situation, especially YOURS.
 rants, raves, art, and insane streaming music
www.oxysmoros.com
crazykittylady
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2008 07:18:14 PM »

Orlando Area Craft Mafia Gathering http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=236153.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah
=^..^=
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 3/10
How to Crochet a Traditional Granny Square Pattern
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 1/10
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 10/10
How to Crochet a Thick Square Blanket Part 2/2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...