A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,544
Currently Running With Scissors:
668 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Central Florida crafters!! where are you??  (Read 22909 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Zanti MissKnit

Formerly known as AndreaLH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2005 10:03:38 AM »

Hi all!  I will be moving to Ocala at the end of June, from way up north as my name shows.  Anyways, do any of you know of any knitting groups in the area?  Since I know absolutely no one in the area, I think it would be a great way to get acquainted with those in the area.  Or, if you don't know of any, is anyone interested in starting a group for those north of Orlando?  Heck, why limit it to knitting?  I'm open to suggestions....

Hey, I might be moving to Central Florida from Boston, too, in a year or so . . . my hubby and I have been planning and saving for a while!

Andrea
THIS ROCKS   Logged

surfergrl311

&& don't be so so sure. this is all it adds up to

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2005 08:39:04 PM »

so i finally made the trip to a new Bead store near the FL mall thanks to Brena80..it was AWESOME and i thought it was very reasonably priced! they were very friendly there..almost too friendly..but i guess thats better then them not helping you at all! Cheesy well i found it very helpful in there..highly recommend going there to all you beaders in central FL! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brena80

She isn't real... I can't make her real

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2005 08:19:52 AM »

So some friends and I have talked about having a bead group.   Would anyone else be interested?   We'd probably start out meeting once a month. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GlitterInfection
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2005 12:13:18 PM »

crafts n stuff? That's one I DON"T know where is that? I loove that bead store across from the FL mall, and the bead bar on edgewater rocks too. I live downtown and just recently found that fabric place on 1792 they had vinyl at 3.95 a  yard that day!!!! If anyone knows exactly where the place on 436 is let me know... I get really really really tired of going to JoAnns and Hancock all the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's take a soma holiday..."
chic-chick
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2005 07:04:59 PM »

This is the first time I ever scrolled down far enough to see that there were "state" boards! I didn't know about the bead store across from the Florida Mall, I'll have to check it out. I did go to one near the mall called "Bead Time." They advertise as having the lowest prices around, but I found them very expensive, and kind of creepy. I also went to a shop on Orange Ave called Seahorse Arts and Crafts. They have a nice selection of beads and reasonable prices, and are very  friendly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Statistic
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2005 07:55:55 PM »

Crafts n Stuff is a chain with various locations, the one near me is on 434 in Waterford Lakes. It's sorta like a Michael's but being taken over by scrapbooking.  I usually just go in to check the clearance.
The one on 17-92 is probably the Sewing Studio?
Does anyone know anything about the 'Starving Artists Studio' on 434 in Winter Springs, or this place called the Crafts Studio or something? That second one, dunno if I have the name right, it's in the Winter Springs 'village' kinda thing with a Publix by the Barnie's, and I have no clue what it is.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lechaton

yes that is an at-at.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2005 02:45:06 AM »

wow! i never knew there were state boards! (that's what i get for clinging to the top of the forum)

i'm in oviedo - about 1/2hour east of UCF.
I agree with everyone who said the SipnKnit owner is snobby and her yarns are SO expensive!
I bought some bamboo needles from her just because I was tired and didn't want to go anywhere else (we'd been shopping all day and I'm trying to teach my boyfriend to knit..so frustrating ._.Wink and she started talking to me about how slippery they are and was actually being kind've nice after I spent money there. Ugh I hate that.

Anywho! thanks megaknits for mentioning other knit shops to go too! I'll definately have to check them out. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We won't stop until somebody calls the cops and even then we'll start again and just pretend that nothing ever happened. - Kimya Dawson.

http://airn.livejournal.com
http://www.wists.com/lechaton
http://www.shelfari.com/erinw

i'm all over the internet.
surfergrl311

&& don't be so so sure. this is all it adds up to

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2005 12:44:35 AM »

hey does anyone know of any other bead store besides the one near the FL mall? I love that one to pieces but i'd like to go to another! thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

moolala
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2005 03:02:44 AM »

highlands county here- we have a walmart  Undecided. this area is so devoid of resources that even a Joannes and or a Michaels in less then a 40 mile drive would seem like nirvana Grin. so all that can be said is "thank you Jeez - zus for the internet. (and mail order)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
apixiegrl
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2005 12:06:13 PM »

Wow... I didn't know they had a central Florida board either!!! I live in Kissimmee and there really isn't anything other than Joann's, Walmart and soon to be Michaels. I spin, knit, crochet, paint and have done some pottery. I usually buy my supplies on line. Elann.com is one of my favorites for good inexpensive yarn. I also check some poshy NYC yarn shops for sales on line. I have also been to Sip and Knit, but have found them to be pretty nice. I also have dropped some $$$$$$ there too. Right now Flyingfingers.com is having a sale on some of the Manos del Uruguay. Selected colors are $7.50. NOW THATS A DEAL!! Check it. later ladies. I'm going to visit here often now. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Trending Lipstick Shades for Fall
Younique Mood Struck Mineral Pigments Review
No Eres Nada Sin Maquillaje - Laura Sánchez
Runway to Real Way Beauty
Carolina Herrera Spring 2015 - NYFW - Backstage, Interviews & Runway
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...