A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,600
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Party Shirts (*pic and story heavy*)  (Read 923 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

drinkdrankdrunk
« on: November 09, 2008 09:35:53 PM »

So my boyfriend and I go to/throw a lot of theme parties. The problem is that my boyfriend is very into dressing up- but can only handle the low matinentce of a t-shirt. He reminds me of a dog, sometimes you can get cloths on them, but if you try to get too fancy with extras, they'll just bite them off... He's the same way, but doesn't bite as much.  Wink
This means that I make a lot of random t-shirts for him. Here are four that I've one for in in the past:

The crab shirt:

We went to an under the sea party and he wanted to go as crabs. Which was fun because he got to run around grabbing onto people then telling them how they have crabs too!

The peace shirt:

This was for a Hippy party, it was the first shirt I made for him and it's pretty worn out now.

Clogsworth:

For my birthday last year I through a fairy tale party. I went as Belle and the boy went as Cogsworth. Sadly, I was forced to do this like twenty minutes before the party itself, so it's not the best, but it gets the point across.

Halloween:

For this past Halloween the boy decided that what he really wanted to be was sperm. So I made him this shirt and he wore white pants and a silly hat... With this one he got to poke people and tell them they were pregnant.

Anyway, for most all of them I used black fabric paint and a brush and/or spray fabric paint. It's pretty easy and fun and people tend to like his costumes!

Please tell me what you think and sorry if some of it's too adult!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cute_anarchy
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008 09:57:42 PM »

I think you and your boyfriend are genius!  My bf, while generally going along with my wacky costume ideas, would probably love the low maintenance approach of the t-shirt costume.  I love the crabs and the (ooh la la!) fallopian swim team one.  So funny!  Cogsworth is awesome too.  So remember these for next year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a medium aged procrastinator, with a room full of craft supplies! 

I've got a wist and a pinterest: http://www.wists.com/cute_anarchy 
OnePinkHippo
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008 09:45:58 AM »

I'm loving the Fallopian Swim Team one. Your crabs are so cute! Um...crab drawings are so cute. That sounded awkward.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

drinkdrankdrunk
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008 01:08:19 PM »

The crabs did come out surprisingly cute... I think I might make one for me too one day. And in all honesty, the fallopian swim team was someone else's idea that we just put into practice (the light guy to be exact. Tongue)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gala_apples
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008 09:12:55 AM »

i love the crabs one. i also like the peace one, the reverse stencilling thing looks cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make an Origami Box
How to Make an Origami Jumping Frog
How to Make an Origami Fish
How to Make an Origami Lily
How to Make an Origami Bat
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...