A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,732
Currently Running With Scissors:
511 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I'm planning Valentine's Day This Year... Ideas?  (Read 1303 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Transatlanticism

Pies para que los quiero, si tengo alas pa' volar?

View Profile WWW
« on: November 09, 2008 03:10:31 PM »

Well last year my boy did Valentine's day and planned an adorable romantic Lady-and The Tramp Themed Evening: We made a fort in my den and inside it he set up a checkered tablecloth with candles and chocolates and two stuffed dogs and played the music from the movie while we ate spaghetti, and afterwards we watched the movie! It was incredibly sweet, and this year I'm planning the evening. I know it's not for a few months but I figure I should start getting ideas now so I can actually do something to top his! Or at least eqaul it, because that was adorable =] So if anyone can offer up suggestions for the evening, I would love it! It doesn't have to be a theme or anything, just something very romantic and very original! Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Psst.. here's a secret. Your last mortal thought will be, "Why did I take so many days- just like today- for granted?"
Kpooh
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009 02:13:56 AM »

How about a theme from gone with the wind or sleepless in Seattle or something like that.  There are millions of lovie dovie movies to choose from.....or just a romantic night at the theater (set up in your living room)

Or night at the spa, you could treat him to a full body massage in candlelight, slow & sensual with oils and all. Feed him grapes the whole nine yards. LOL

THIS ROCKS   Logged

msmadeline
list-maker extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009 08:09:45 AM »

death cab reference? nice.

Okay, since I don't know how old you are, whether or not you're married, and your views of pre-marital sex and scandalous romping in general, I'll keep my ideas PG-13, you can always add naked shenanigans later  Shocked.

Well it's true, you can.

I like the idea of a scavenger hunt. What's at the end is your business, but you can hide cute notes, reasons you love him, famous romantic movie quotes, tasty treats, whatever. At the end you can have some sweet note in a balloon you've hidden somewhere clever and he'll need to pop it in order to get the note. Just an idea. I love planning scavenger hunts, they're quite memorable.

Also, look for a fool-proof, but romantic, somewhat fancy meal to prepare. And, of course, a KICK ASS dessert. Just for the hell of it, a movie like Casablanca is great to watch. Anything classically romantic.

I would totally put that together for MY GUY but I've already planned out an elaborate gift, but on the not so off-chance I don't finish in time, I think I'll be planning out an evening like this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Transatlanticism

Pies para que los quiero, si tengo alas pa' volar?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009 04:09:44 PM »

Thanks so much for the ideas and I love the scavenger hunt, and as to romping, I'm all for it=]

I think I will totally do that he'll love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Psst.. here's a secret. Your last mortal thought will be, "Why did I take so many days- just like today- for granted?"
missnihkii
Savoring this carpet ceiling.

missnihkiiiikhinssim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009 12:55:04 AM »

awww lady and the tramp? cuuute.. and im trying toplan too already. hehe. my idea is to rent out a jacuzzi suite..but.. thats our dream for a few months... and i will incorporate crafting into it somehow...i love the card deck idea on here for one..i love the hunt idea too. does he work on vday? or taking it off. oh shoot. that reminds me.... lol. if he does, you could call him and leave him a few voicemails..racy or just cute.. send or leave a card at his work, and plan a great evening... a good movie, his fave tunes., homemade coupons.. even do something for him you normally wouldnt( but would..if it makes sense) do for him, much..

DCFC....great orgasmic band.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Nihkii

Personal swaps?YES YES YES!!

so..im OBSESSED with buttons and stickers..

MissNihkiis Wist

i miss my colorado Sad
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 5/10
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 3/10
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 2/10
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 1/10
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 10/10
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!
Meatless Monday: Zucchini Pineapple Loaf

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...