A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,098
Currently Running With Scissors:
587 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My fabric storage  (Read 24913 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

*crystal*
Promos in a Snap!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: October 23, 2008 06:19:37 AM »

I'm moving and I decided to use these comic book flats to help me pack my fabric.  It's fantastic!  Thanks so much for the idea.

Here's a shot of one box.  (I am currently up to six boxes.  Fabric much?)

It was so easy to do, and the comic book flats were like $7 at my local comic book store.

Thanks again!

This looks great! It really is so easy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blondemama71
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2008 09:23:57 PM »

GORGEOUS!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Xadrian
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2008 05:09:18 PM »

completely awesome..I have a gigantic bag of fabric upstairs someone just gave me just lying around and I had been hoping to run across something to get them sorted and organized!! Great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
robingal1
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2009 10:43:31 AM »

My cousin showed me how to do that, only she used (and now, so do I) comic book boards.  You can get 20 for about $10 at most comic book stores.
I love what you did to your room. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RetroRomantic
« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2009 05:49:24 PM »

This could be done inside an old armoire instead of a bookshelf. If you don't have space for a craft room, add shelves to an old armoire and organize everything in there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fochaux
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2009 09:33:32 AM »

these ones are more expensive but still waaaaaaaaay less than the fabric organizers and are almost the same dimensions.  I will, however, be using the less expensive smaller ones.  I don't have massive amounts of fabric, so those should do me

http://www.comicsupply.com/product_info.php?products_id=40877

Thanks for the inspiration!  My hubby says to say he totally loves you b/c you made me want to get all my fabric and yarn organized and out of "his" garage LOL
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009 09:38:43 AM by fochaux » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Since my girls actually nap (knock on wood), I am going to start trying to work off my negative feedback.  Life got hectic with their early arrival.  I apologize for the inconveniences my flaking caused.
Carlafibers
« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2009 07:09:56 PM »

Love your organization, even if it now several years old.   Smiley

Here is the link http://www.bcwsupplies.com/products/Comic-Boards/ to the site I purchased my acid free comic book boards several years ago.  I had so many people ask me about my storage that I wrote a blog tutorial in 2008 at http://featheredfibers.wordpress.com/2008/02/28/fabric-stash-organization-and-tutorial/ 

I did not live near a comic book store, so I decided to order online.  Obviously, if a store is near you, this will save you on shipping. 

While it is tempting to use inexpensive cardboard for organizing your fabric stash, I do not recommend it because the cardboard may not be acid free.  In my day job, I am a professional machine quilter and teacher, so I work with textiles, fibers and quilt store fabrics on a daily basis.  There are several products marketed by quilters for this, but they are very pricey.  Save your money and use acid free comic book boards.    Regards, Carla
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Timmy Time
How To Draw Tweety
How to Draw A Roadrunner Cartoon
How to Draw Sumo Wrestling
How to Draw Panini Cartoon
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...