A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 305,018
Currently Running With Scissors:
416 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: some of my softies (Update with PICS)  (Read 1090 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

snooky
« on: November 09, 2008 07:17:07 AM »

I edited my post... careful, looooooooooong

some were made a loooong time ago, and some are new... meet my lil one friends:

When pregnant, I felt the need to make a bunny softy to my baby... I couldn't find a pattern I liked... so I made my own one, mixing ideas. I decided to make one for everytbody in the familly.... my brother had one, his girlfriend too, my sister, my mother in law... Since then, my baby bunny dies, and we are now with the 3rd version of it.

here it is:

he's my daughter's best friend. He went through hard times lately, being burned by a nasty light bulb, being hurt by a nasty scratch... But it's ok... He now wears appliqu hearts on his head and some flowery colourful device on his belly. Unlike his siblings, he won't go for a long trip around the world. He is the last one of his kind.
As he was hurt, he was the best one to help my daughter when she broke her collarbone... you can see him in action :

Aside from the bunnies, I made some flowers....

this one is now happy with a baby girl who lives in the middle of the Alps mountains...

then at the end of my pregnancy, I went crazy... and after 2 months, I ended with having these. They are all hand made, no sewing machine then....

some of them are my own pattern, sych as the flower, the bunny and this little one: Bubble

she is a cuddle fish... The kind of fish you just want to hug and kiss... She knows it and shows her flower and her big kissing lips to anybody willing to enter my daughter's bedroom. She feeds of kiss you know, that's why

My daughter is now 3 and a half. And she is scared by witches... last years, I changed her halloween witch hat into a whimsical one, with metallic pens and drew some butterflies and flowers on it...
This year, I decided to make her a non scary witch... and went crazy again and made another one to one of her friends....

here they are.

Both of them decided to step out of the box and to show their true self, which is colourful and kind. She are fed up with all those whitches feature you can find everywhere. They live in lala land and are proud of it. And the two girls they played with agreed: yes they are witches, but they are nice.

those witches are not my own design. i found them on a french blog. If anyone is interested, I can give them the link....

I now have far less time than I used to to make softies, but I often look at my craft area with tingles in the hands... so with a little better organization, I am sure I can find some time to go on with my softy frenzy ....
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008 10:33:42 PM by snooky » THIS ROCKS   Logged
djnightshade99

Dreams are the best thing reality has to offer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008 03:42:13 PM »

Aww they are cute. Nice work Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
laura140281
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008 02:41:27 PM »

They are all absolutely gorgeous!  I especially love the bunnys!  Is there any chance you would be able to share the pattern for them because my children would love them!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snooky
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008 10:53:57 AM »

Thank you for your nice comments Smiley
I don't think I can share the pattern for the bunnies, as they are made from parts of other patterns... I am not sure about the copyright and I spent some time today trying to find the original patterns, but after 4 years..... got lost.

Anyway, I will keep up looking but I have some emergency with work, so it will have to wait till next week end... if I find the time, I will draw them anyway and will send you a pm... back to work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TazFromOz

Invisible Bicycle... wait a minute!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2008 09:17:25 PM »

Your softies are gorgeous!  Very cute!  The round huggy fish is beautiful.  Just puckering up ready for a kiss and all =).

I've seen a similar rabbit pattern online (http://www.silverseams.com/kuninfelt/kuninfelt-skip_rabbit.html) - I don't suppose that might have been one of the patterns?  I'd love to see the pattern of the witch.  I would definitely add that to my 'will make one day' pile.  Is it hard to work out if you don't know French?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
snooky
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008 11:12:53 PM »

the witch pattern is here: http://mideco.canalblog.com/archives/tuto_sorciere/index.html
and nooooooooooo, it's not hard at all as it's a all pictures tute!
You just have to look and play!
Enjoy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkmichk
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008 10:23:04 AM »

i love them all they are far too cute
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Am always up for personal swaps -send me a message

pinterest - http://pinterest.com/shellfullerton/
kowensby
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008 07:33:11 AM »

They are all so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current projects: A tote/purse; a Cinderella bag for my future niece for Christmas
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Great DIY Easter Ideas That Your Family Will Love
How to Make Mosaic Pots
Quilting Tips and Techniques
How to Resize Quilt Blocks
Freestyle Piecing to Make Original Quilt Blocks
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...