A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 299,153
Currently Running With Scissors:
424 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Easy Delicious Dorm breakfast bowl :)  (Read 2133 times)
Tags for this thread: bread  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

instantk4rma

Junior mycologists have questionable morels

View Profile WWW
« on: November 08, 2008 04:15:08 PM »

So, here I am in my studio apartment.. out of clean dishes and craving something from Ihop. Also, as a college student I'm broke as a joke. So, it just so happens my fiance and I bought several boxes of complete pancake mix from Target (because I make biscuits and pancakes with them all the time). Then a lightbulb came up over my head.

I took a Glad Bowl (the microwaveable kind) and put in 1/2 cup of Complete Pancake Mix (the Buttermilk kind) and 3/4 cups of water and cooked it for 2 minutes on high in the microwave. Then, I turned over the bowl onto a paper plate and stuck some butter and syrup on it..

and voila! Pancake Cake in 3 minutes Smiley I tried it a few different ways, mixing the water and batter different ways and this was the best kind that came out.

Here's a picture of it. It's not a great picture, but it's there.. and It's absolutely yummy Smiley I bet with some of that ready-to-eat bacon or sausage that would be great for an easy dorm breakfast!

It fills you up about the equivalent of 3 or 4 pancakes, so it's a nice solid meal in itself. You can double it or halve it as your stomach desires. I know this is nothing special, but I thought it was a neat idea and figured I'd share it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Motherfungus

What I really need are minions.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008 04:19:48 PM »

I'm going to have to try this!  I think my kids would love to make their own pancake cake for breakfast!  Great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Thoughts become words, words become actions, actions become habits, habits become character, character becomes destiny, you become confused, just be nice.
instantk4rma

Junior mycologists have questionable morels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008 04:22:57 PM »

The best part is how cheap it is! They sell their pancake mix for less than $2 where I am. I love Target. Their food is so cheap, and it's just as good as name-brand ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
starberrii
Silly banana

Wacky Alpacy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008 04:37:06 PM »

Yorkshire puddings are pretty much pancake mix. They're yummy. You can either have them with gravy and a main meal or with jam and ice-cream for dessert.

We're having a roast dinner tonight so hopefully my mum will make Yorkshire puddings. Yummo!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunshinekitty1
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008 04:38:05 PM »

Pure genius!  I love pancakes but for some reason I burn them every time I try or they fall apart.  I always buy the pre-made frozen kind you stick in the microwave.  I am SO excited to try this for breakfast in the morning!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kingfrancebald
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008 04:51:20 PM »

Awesome! I think even I  could do this. The extent of my cooking skills is, like, instant oatmeal. Great tip for people like me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kawaiimaru

you're a rubber snake!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2008 05:08:20 PM »

ive done this before! i forgot about my roomates birthday and i had promised her a cake...
so i did something similar to this, just added some strawberry pie filling mixed into it and then after it was done i glazed it and put more pie filling on top.
it was a tasty less-than-$3 birthday "cake"
and she didnt know that i had forgotten...

hahaha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's be spies...

and wear interesting hats!
southern flower
Better the Devil that you know...

I'm not arrogant, I'm just right

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2008 05:48:03 PM »

Cheesy What a GREAT idea!  I always want pancakes but don't want to pull out all the stuff.  Thanks for the instructions!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kurtthesnail
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2008 06:18:33 PM »

I think the greatest thing about this is that you have a pancake with 95% less trouble and mess. I am going to have to do this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make the Fluffiest Pancakes
Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups: The Perfect Party Treat!
How to Make a Chocolate Salami
How to Make Halloween Themed Carrot Cakes
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...