A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 309,332
Currently Running With Scissors:
314 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Witch/Wicca/Pagan Swap Round 9 (complete!)  (Read 23944 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Saturn
The Ditzy Gypsy

Dance first. Think later.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2008 10:11:45 AM »

There is a pretty good-sized pagan community here in St. Petersburg, FL. There are several circles that I know of (haven't joined any) and there is even a group that networks them and gets everyone together for rituals in a nearby park. We have had a Pagan Pride Day before, I've missed it for the past several years, they never market for it enough, but its pretty good and they have some cool vendors set up. Its pretty easy to find Pagan/Wiccan supplies at our renaissance festival in nearby Tampa. We also have 6 or seven metaphysical shops, three that I have been to, the others are listed on Witchvox.com, and we have a Wiccan coffee shop about 45 minutes away that I've wanted to try for a while.

Have you guys ever searched Witchvox for people, shops or groups in your area? It's pretty fun. They are also a good website to read up on various Pagan-related issues. Not every shop is listed with them, but a majority of them are.

anyway, here's the link:

http://www.witchvox.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently in:
WWP Round 29 Lughnasdagh 2011 swap!
Date to send item by: 07-25-11
RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2008 10:12:55 AM »

rambling is not only acceptable it is HIGHLY encouraged!

thanks for that link Saturn!

Ronda
Blessed be!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
Solitaire

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2008 11:29:13 AM »

This is why I am happy that I live in Seattle. There is a large Pagan community here, and until they went on hiatus last year, we even had a local magazine called Widdershins. www.widdershins.org they have back issues archived. I am hoping that they start printing their magazine again soon. We have all sorts of stores and whatnot around here. Eco-Elements carries all sorts of Pagan needs,
Edge of The Circle Books  http://www.edgeofthecircle.com
Tenzing Momo Apothacary, http://tenzingmomo.com 
all of our Half Price Books have large metaphysical sections, we have an Earth's Minerals Scratch Patch for tumbled crystals www.scratchpatchusa.com <--- LOVE this place. There are others that I just can't think of right now ... we also have a Solstice Parade every summer, Public rituals held in one of our larger parks, a Cuups church, and loads of covens and support. Even lawyers.  Ok ... ya'll just need to move out here with me!!

Blessings and love to all
Lisa
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008 12:33:39 PM by Solitaire » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Craft, Therefore, I AM!  )O(
tiggy_114
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2008 12:05:32 PM »

I'd really like to join this but i'm moving house this month and don't know if i have the time.  Plus i have only done one other swap which didn't involve small, large items etc... so could someone give me a guide as to what a small, medium, and large item would be then i can decide if i have time to join.  Cheers Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Saturn
The Ditzy Gypsy

Dance first. Think later.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2008 01:54:30 PM »

I'd really like to join this but i'm moving house this month and don't know if i have the time.  Plus i have only done one other swap which didn't involve small, large items etc... so could someone give me a guide as to what a small, medium, and large item would be then i can decide if i have time to join.  Cheers Smiley

lol funny, I'm moving this weekend  Grin Grin Grin

The following is my humble opinion about swap item sizes and does not necessarily express the opinion of Craftster or those of the swap moderators, or members of this forum.

Large item: Could be defined as the following:

A. An item requiring more than 4 hours of work time. Sometimes these items can take a week's worth of evenings to complete, sometimes much less. Depends on your skill level and the complexity of the item. That is why craft periods generally last a month. Examples of this could be a painting, lap quilt, handbag, or a poppet.

B. An item requiring expensive materials. Examples of this could be gemstone jewelry, an item made from expensive fabric, or a modified pricey item like an altered doll.

C. An item roughly 14x14 in size or larger (sometimes much larger) that is of quality, meaning it is something you would want for yourself. (don't mean to sound harsh there, but I don't send out anything I wouldn't want to receive)

D. A set of two or more medium items, such as a tarot kit or matching candle holders.

Medium item could be defined as the following:

A. An item that takes two hours or more to craft. Examples: embroidered pillowcases, altar cloths, wallets, trinket boxes (though these could all be further embellished making them larger items)

B: An item crafted of moderately priced supplies. Example: altered journal, a scarf, knitted potholders, etc.

C: A set of 4 or more small items. Example: a choker, bracelet, earrings & anklet set, made from affordable beads taking no more than 4 hours to complete.

A small item:

A. An item taking 1 hour or more to complete: Examples: Earrings, A bracelet, Magnet, key chain, etc.

B. An item made of cheaply acquired items.

Again, these are just my opinions. Other swap item guides exist on the "talk about the swap process" forum. For any further questions, I'd be happy to answer them, as well as the other organizers and many of the wonderful people involved in WWP swaps, but you could also check that forum for further info.

Happy Crafting!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008 07:10:58 PM by Saturn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am currently in:
WWP Round 29 Lughnasdagh 2011 swap!
Date to send item by: 07-25-11
Windoverireland

Any man can lose his hat in a fairy-wind.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2008 02:00:46 PM »

Do ramble. It's like getting to know a whole bunch of people when you thought you were the last person on the planet. I haven't felt this in touch in ages. I really hope everyone rambles so we can stay in touch after the swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Windoverireland

Any man can lose his hat in a fairy-wind.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2008 02:05:31 PM »

Solitarie I agree. We should all move to Seattle, it's beautiful and very hip. My mom is from Mt. Vernon and my dad was from Bellingham. I lived in Tacoma until Kindergarten. Have family in Gig Harbor and up the pass. Wish I could convince my family to try it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LunaKitten
LunaKitten Kreations

I have affairs with fictitious characters.

« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2008 03:16:41 PM »

I know that we aren't all filled up as per who is doing the card swap, but do you think we could get a little questionaire for the card swappers? Like, are you out of the broom closet? Is it ok that the card has blatent pagan themes on it, or do you need to be careful of the other people in your house that my view them? Do you want a more traditional just holiday looking card, a really pagan type card, a more christmasy looking card? (I know that we don't expect the cards to say "Jesus is the reason for the Season", I'm more curious as per reindeer/christmas trees (they are pagan anyway lol), ornaments, snowmen, and the like.) And even if you are out of the broom closet, what are your views on Santa? We keep him around our house still, but I know that some don't. Just throwing out ideas Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Substantial Wist Smiley

Forget all the other crafting tools, what I really want is a sonic screwdriver!!!!

Blessed Be!

I'm up for personal swaps! PM Me! Smiley

Etsy Shop
grundoon
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2008 04:19:16 PM »

It's so strange to read what an isolated community witches live in!  Strange in a good way because I take it for granted sometimes.. my mom and I are both solitary witches, and I feel I have a lot of support.  I'm from Cincinnati, and there are many shops here devoted to specific aspects of the craft!   
My Samhain ritual this year was focused on sending my energy up into the world to let others know that I love and support them even though we all work separately, there was a unity.  It was a great way to start off the new year. 
(Sorry, I have a support, but not many people understand when I talk about rituals!) 
: )
I'm very excited for this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
robotarsonist

glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2008 04:38:37 PM »

So I had an encounter today that I thought I'd share with you all Smiley

I had an eye doctor appointment today at 3 but I decided to leave a bit early to catch the boyfriend before he went to work. As I walked out my front door two well dressed gentlemen, probably somewhere between 24-28 years old, were walking in the street. The moment I locked my front door they made a B-line towards me. I guess they were missionaries and I guess right.

Before I continue I just want to say that my tone during our entire conversation was never mocking or sinister, but kind and informative.

They were Mormon, and asked me if I knew Jesus. I said yes I knew of him but I already had a spiritual path that I was happy with. Then they asked what church I attended and I told them I was a witch and that I practice witchcraft. Both of the men shifted slightly and I get the feeling that they didn't believe me at first, but when I continued on they seemed interested in what I had to say. They said they had never met a witch before and I told them that we were normal people and it's not as costumey as everyone thinks. They laughed and asked how it all worked and I was more than happy to tell them how I practice my Craft. I told them that performing spells is sort of like prayer but I use elements from the Earth and nature to help me. Both of them listened to what I had to say probably better than anyone I had ever talked to before and we talked for about 10 minutes or so. At the end they still tried to sell me a book of Mormon and I graciously declined. I shook both their hands when we parted; they told me God bless, I told them Gentle Breezes. I left feeling really good about the encounter.

I have met Pagans who have the tendency to be just as bad about bashing religions but still somehow expect tolerance in return. It's shameful that the few ruin it for the many so whenever I meet someone of different faith I try my best to be as kind as possible and informative because I expect the same in return. This is why I chose not to associate with many of the Pagans in my area. The closest Pagan store is about 15 minutes away and while its very convenient that the store is so close I disagree with their business practice. I only go there when I need something I can't get at the Global Foods, farmers market, from the thrift store, or grow it/make it myself. I know the owner because her along with her coven used to come into the large bookstore I worked in for a few years. We talked but she made me feel like my path was inferior to hers since she had created her own Wiccan tradition and had a bazillion followers or something. Her coven also made a mess in the Metaphysical section and cafe whenever they were there but I tried to look past that, we are only human. Whenever I would go into her shop, I'd get what I need and quickly get out to avoid any of her rudeness.

Yeah, I agree. Let's just all move to Seattle  Tongue

(PS I think I win the ramble award of the day!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Spicing It Up: Tiger Jambalaya
Doritos Locos Tacos Sales Pass $1 Billion
How to Make Steak and Blue Cheese Pizza
How to Cook Chicken and Dumplings
Discover 5 Breakfast Casseroles
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Toddler Teething Cookies
@Home This Weekend: Art Caddy
Everyone needs more fiber!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...