A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,154
Currently Running With Scissors:
578 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: 2008-2010 Wool Eater Blanket Crochetalong (w/pattern link)  (Read 13898 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008 09:23:59 PM »

lol, Im a Kiwi and am the same, confuses the heck out of my family when I try to explain a pattern to them  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
t1g3rl1ly
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2009 09:31:01 PM »

Well i haven't done a very good job of keeping this CAL going  Cheesy

BUT I did finish! I took about a month break from crochet, but it's a very quick project. Here's some pics I've been meaning to post. Did anyone else start?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

smrfchic
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009 02:20:06 PM »

I am begging someone to please rewrite it with US terms, please, please, please! It looks like a lovely blanket, and I have a TON of acrylic that I need to use up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~ Sadie ~*~
Oh, for corn's sake!
mwagen
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2009 04:01:02 PM »

If it helps, to 'translate' a crochet pattern from UK to USA you need to use the next stitch down. So if a UK pattern calls for a dc, it means sc.

So in a UK pattern

sc= slip stitch
dc= single crochet
htr= half double crochet
tr= double crochet
dtr= triple crochet
trtr= double triple crochet

Does this help at all?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
smrfchic
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2009 04:17:53 PM »

Yeah, I've seen the charts that compare the stitches, but I was hoping someone had already taken the time to rewrite it without the substitutions... otherwise I will endlessly be confusing myself. :-D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~ Sadie ~*~
Oh, for corn's sake!
mwagen
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2009 09:54:04 PM »

Well, I'm pretty sure that the wool eater only uses two stitches, chain and what is written as double treble, which makes it triples all the way through, or yarn over twice.

So the first row would go from this:
1st row: * 5 chain, 4 double treble into ring, leaving all loops on hook, now pull wool through all 5 loops (1 cluny group made), 5 chain, slip stitch into ring. Rep from * 3 more times, (4 cluny groups made).

to this:
1st row: * 5 chain, 4 triple into ring, leaving all loops on hook, now pull wool through all 5 loops (1 cluny group made), 5 chain, slip stitch into ring. Rep from * 3 more times, (4 cluny groups made).

YOu might want to check out http://sarah-london.blogspot.com/2008/07/crochet-terminology.html as well
I can probably email the rest to you if it still doesn't make sense, but I'd like to get permission from the author of the pattern first  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
t1g3rl1ly
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2009 07:02:23 PM »

Well, I'm pretty sure that the wool eater only uses two stitches, chain and what is written as double treble, which makes it triples all the way through, or yarn over twice.

You got it, mwagen! Sometimes you make a cluny group and sometimes you do separate triples (without leaving all loops on the hook). As you read the directions pay attention to the corners, because you end up doing 12 stitches in them as opposed to the sides, where you only do 8 stitches.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009 07:03:37 PM by t1g3rl1ly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

smrfchic
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2009 08:47:42 AM »

I ended up pasting the instructions into word and had it sub out every double treble for treble... easy peasy!  Much easier to read.

I am using up some leftover acrylic (way, way, way leftover, I had these over at my mom's house so they're at least 15+ years old), and bought some "soft raspberry" Red Heart to round out the colors:

That was my progress as of last night before I went to bed... I am on the 2nd row of the variegated now.  This definitely uses up a lot of yarn though, I am almost through a whole skein of the variegated already, LOL!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~ Sadie ~*~
Oh, for corn's sake!
playswithneedles

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2009 10:07:23 AM »

I really like this pattern, I may have to try it. Would someone be able and willing to post a pic of the wrong side, I'm curious as to what it looks like! Thanks  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
smrfchic
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2009 11:58:08 AM »

I really like this pattern, I may have to try it. Would someone be able and willing to post a pic of the wrong side, I'm curious as to what it looks like! Thanks  Grin

There's a pic of the back of it in her Flickr group:
http://flickr.com/photos/tonyadoughty/2290143833/in/pool-795003@N25
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~ Sadie ~*~
Oh, for corn's sake!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Ways To Wear a Leather Jacket
That Thong ... Done You Wrong
Get Model Street Style for Under $100
Essential Fall Trends: Military, Moto, Vests, Pea Coats
Cara Delevingne Models, Sings, Acts... And Plays Quarterback?
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...