A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,390
Currently Running With Scissors:
772 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor Swap Round 9 Winter Vacation Gallery  (Read 23243 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DIY ho
ho ho ho

I'm a total Dean girl. I mean, YUM.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2008 10:28:24 AM »

Here's Moca after arriving today. She's still snuggling in her blankie! Wink

Mocha making friends with some locals! Grin
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008 03:09:24 PM by DIY ho » THIS ROCKS   Logged

gwin
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2008 11:02:57 AM »

Captain Highliner arrived in Jena, Germany Smiley
I wasn't at home on saturday when he arrived but my flatmate welcomed him Wink. This morning we had breakfast together (his bio says he likes coffee, so I made two cups) and got to know each other:

Here he looks out of the window in the living room:

19th November: This evening we were invited by friends to bake and eat crpes (french pancakes) which were really yummy Wink
Captain Highliner supervised the baking and had a bit of my crpe:

He even drank our apple wine! (but in advance I made sure that no rum is contained in it)

And he made lots of new friends (my friends find him very cool and funny Grin). He even got to know Roxy:

21st and 22nd November: This friday we traveled to Heidelberg. For the non-German people here: that's a nice town in the south-west of Germany. It has the oldest university and the oldest public library in Germany and today all kinds of research institutes are there (and I had to go to one of them).
On friday Captain Highliner traveled the first time with the "Deutsche Bahn" (German Railways):

The next day we took a walk through the beautiful old town of Heidelberg. In front of a nice old hotel (built in the 16th centuries) Captain Highliner found the christmas tree:

Then we went to the impressive old castle of Heidelberg (well, it's more the ruin of an old castle). As you can see, we had the first snow in this winter (and it was freezing!).

On the mountain on which the castle was built you have a great view over the town. Here Captain Highliner enjoys this nice view:

It must have been funny to watch me as I was walking through the castle and the garden taking lots of pictures of a plastic gold fish in front of the ruin Grin. But, I bet not as funny as the Japanese tourists taking pictures of themselves in front of the sights holding up a german pretzel or bratwurst Wink

29th November: Holiday Season preparations
In Germany we have a tradition for the time from 1st to 24th December: an advent calender. And with my two flatmates we made such an advent calender for each other. There are 24 little christmas stockings which you fill with sweets or small goodies, one for each day. Captain Highliner helped me to choose some sweets and goodies. Here he has a look in one of them:

One of my flatmates made a yummy christmas cake decorated with ginger bread and incredible good christmas cookies from my mum. Captain Highliner is begging for a piece of the cake:

Christmas and New Year's Eve: Wow, a lot to do around christmas. Now I'm trying to choose the nicest pictures (out of 150 or so... Shocked ) and found these:

Captain Highliner helps decorating the christmas tree:

Visiting the great christmas market in Erfurt (together with Roxy):

Supervising the preparations for our traditional "Raclette" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raclette) on New Year's Eve:

...more pictures in the scrapbook Cheesy

Frederik is back Smiley
On friday Frederik arrived back in Germany. Many thanks, magpie_eyes, for that great package. Frederik brought sweets, earrings, incense sticks, native artist's cards, lipgloss, maple syrup, cinnamon scented christmas ornaments, a christmas ornament with bears on it, blue yarn (for a blue friend of Frederik Wink), a pin from Trent's student magazine and a bookmark and a scrapbook of course. And Frederik has a felted jacket and a scarf - so cute!

« Last Edit: March 01, 2009 12:31:57 PM by gwin » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Heffer Joo Bug
Heffer Joo Bug

Im a crafting Heffer :-)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2008 11:58:21 AM »

Reserved
This is Roxy all ready before I sent her off to Germany :-) She's very happy

This is Lotte, she just arrived this morning, and she's soooooooooooo cute.  She was very tired and slightly traumatised because my postman tried to shove her package through my teeny tiny letter box (meanie).  Well i've been off poorly so she sat on the sofa beside me in the warm to watch a film!!!

This is Lotte trying one of my favourite alcho pops (Blue Wkd), she really enjoyed it.  She then watched X factor with me and she supports Ruth just like me.

Lotte checking out facebook (mob wars) with my fiancce thursday morning before work, hogging my new laptop.......

She then wanted a little go on our new playstaion 3, we only got it at the weekend, and Lotte wanted a go on 'the little big planet' she seems very happy :-)

This is Lotte posing by the balloons.  We held a party Saterday for my Mum & Dad's 25th wedding anniversary.

Sampling a tasty glass of Rose before our guests arrive :-)

Lotte really enjoyed the chocolate fingers, ummmmm yum yum!

Yay Roxy arrived home today and she was happy and bouncing out of her box (bless her). I had a fab package and loved my scarpbook

Here's a pic of all the loot, me and Roxy were very spoilt. Will post more pics tommorow my boyfriend is moaning about using the computer :-)

« Last Edit: January 21, 2009 01:01:47 PM by Heffer Joo Bug » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Heffer Joo Bug :-)
My Wists
drinkdrankdrunk
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2008 02:54:17 PM »

Oh my goodness! I got my package on time and it is amazing, but  I've been sick and I can't find my camera cord charger thing... Undecided  So I've finally used a computer camera thing to get the pictures of the WONDERFUL package ckchan sent me. They're a bit wonkey and backwards- but better than nothing.

Shot glass from Kansas

Handmade turtle, he's now a tv mascot!

yummy candy

Fun stuff from Vegas

Postcards and suckers from Arizona (the clear one has a worm in it, yummy!)

And last, my favorite pages from the awesome scrapbook.

It's time for SAM!!!

Ok, so I got Sam last week, and since then we've just been trying to get to know each other. Nothing too exciting.

Here Sam is in Hammy's old artist flat. (My LV8 visitor)

And some good ol' bonding!
Yay you're on my shoulder!!!

Oh NO! You fell!

It's ok, you're squishy!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally I'm getting some more pictures up!

So mainly Sam and I have been hanging out doing nothing, but every now and then he likes to get into trouble, like the night he decorated boyfriend...

I guess he's a bit antsy for a Christmas tree.

and we also had a lovely Thanksgiving, here's Sam with his own little plate:

He was excited he got to eat at the grown up table.

Pretty much all my amazing adventure plans start up this week, so there's been a lull. But Sam has been a trooper and is really helping me get through to the end of the semester!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winter Wonder Weekend

So this has actually been a productive weekend for Sam and I! We went to a concert on Friday called Wrex the Halls, on the bill with Gaslight Anthem, Cold War Kids, Alkaline Trio, Cake, and Slightly Stoopid. I was a really great show- but really long transition periods. This is a picture with Alkaline Trio:

It was a lot of fun.
  Sadly the next day it was raining and boyfriend needed to work on his second car, the crappy car. So Sam came out to give him a hand. It was helpful, or as helpful as a stuffed monkey can be for a giant piece of crap Cadi.

But after all the car worries we got a Christmas tree! It was a lot of fun and now we have a very small and wonkey tree... but Sam wanted a big one. So there was a bit of a fight, he wouldn't leave the tree- till it started raining again and he gave up on the fight.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2009 06:10:49 PM by drinkdrankdrunk » THIS ROCKS   Logged

beckster
Never met a needle I couldn't work with

Coffee and yarn are my two best friends.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2008 06:39:22 PM »

This area is reserved for postings of the adventures of Donovan Domo and Pixikins the cotton candy bear!!

Here is Donovan gettin' ready for his cross-country trip:

He travels pretty light-hobo bag, some candy, and his sign.  He was worried he might have to hitch hike some of the way. 

Oh, and Shelichan-Donovan is quite the ladies man.  He likes the uh, 'adult oriented magazines'.  Just keep them away from him and you'll be fine.  Thought I'd give you a heads up.

Here's Pixikins, right after she got here. 

After she slept off her long trip, she got hungry and raided the fridge.

The only thing she found was lefse (lef-sah).  I think she liked it, there was none left!

Later that day, Pixikins made herself at home and decided to play a  little Gears of War.  I think she did better than the BF!  hehe.

Then she found a book to read.  I told her that Twilight was like crack, but she couldn't stay away!!  I also had to tell her that Edward is my other boyfriend, but she could have Jacob.  So hands off Pixi!! Roll Eyes

By the end of the day, she was feeling brave enough to meet some of the other members of the house.  Here's Daisy saying hello.

Hanging out with the cool kids.  They were fascinated with all of Pixikins stories from the big city!

The next morning, it was kinda cold....

...So Pixi thought it would be a good idea to get warmed up in the dryer....Hmmmm....

Later on, she wanted to get out of the house and breathe in some of that country air.  I am a geek.

Last night, I thought I heard some music and stuff coming from downstairs.  I thought it was just Pixi watching tv or something.  So I brushed it off....This was what I woke up to this morning...

Needless to say, she was a little hungover, so I tried to help her feel better.  Coffee cures everything!!

Here's Pixi with the BF.  She was asking me why he looks so mad, I told her I think it has something to do with her being better at Gears of War than the BF is.  Hah! Wink

More adventures coming soon....
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008 07:58:08 PM by beckster » THIS ROCKS   Logged

FUN FUR IS MUPPET MURDER!!! 
Wist: http://wists.com/br549xt93
Ravelry: rebecky
MommyTheMaid
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2008 09:00:09 PM »

Ellie is here!  She arrived a few days ago but I am getting over this awful walking pnuemonia so I am just now posting pics.

peeking out

she brought me gifts and pictures from home

she was a little confused as to why it was almost 70 degrees out.  She was expecting snow.  I told to wait a few hours LOL

Last night she helped me clean out my craft room.  Here she is with a trunk o fmy yarn.  I think she was eyeing some for a new scarf Cheesy

We went to the outdoor shopping mall on Sunday and visited the ice rink.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2008 06:35:07 AM by MommyTheMaid » THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty_mommy

Proud Mommy of two gorgeous girls<3

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2008 10:37:01 PM »

Chevy is home!!! He got home yesterday and i've finally been able to post up some pics. It looks like he had a great time!
Here he is with all of the goodies he brought along. I love the cherry heads and postcards!

Here's chevy with an awesome soy candle and a magnet and pin. I'm not sure where i'm going to put the pin yet!

Here's two flags and the yummy candy and an adorable little stocking that chevy will use at xmas Smiley

Here's some pamphlets and postcards

and a cute page that i like!

Thank you for taking such good care of Chevy kiwidragons!! He had alot of fun and you were an awesome swap partner. I can't wait to do it again Smiley

Well Machida arrived today!! he's so darn cute!!! I was on my way to the mall so he got to come with us Smiley

he climbed on the wheel but I told him no he was not driving!!

Just to be safe I strapped him in!

My daughter giving him a snuggle while she has a snack Smiley

And after we went to visit my friend and her twin daughters. He was very happy to leave after this LOL

Here he is chillin' with a distant relative!

And lastly here Machida is taking a ride on the ark Cheesy

Nov.29
Machida was just chillin enjoying a nice piece of birthday cake

Here he is enjoying a nice bottle of cold and refreshing coors lite

And here he is Dec.1 after we decorated our bunk xmas tree

Cheesy I think hes having alot of fun! I still have to plan a day and take him downtown!!

So I had a horrible mishap with Machida. While we were at the mall on Friday to get santa pictures he decided that he wanted to run away Sad My hubby went back to look for him and went to the lost and found but did not find him... So I had talked with kiwidragons and explained the situation. We though it best to find a new friend. So while I was out today I found her a new friend that will be going home to her. Kiwi feel free to name the lad whatever you like Smiley Here he is!!

His arms/legs are adjustable

I know that it won't make what happened any better and I feel quite poopy about it.. but I hope you wil love this little guy as much as Machida.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009 08:57:38 PM by turbo_mom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for a Sackboy doll!!
my wists - http://www.wists.com/crafty_mommy
FunkyMonkeyDesigns
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2008 11:16:17 AM »

Reserving our spot
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shelichan

Fashion designer for hire in NYC!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2008 11:44:59 AM »

1 - Theres Pixikins all ready to go!
2 - Look even her box is perfect! Its a fudge company box, and I even decorated it. Smiley

1 - Donovan arrived and he was HUNGRY! So we ate some crepes from my schools cafeteria (not normally served and abnormally good).
2 - Today (11/15) he came with me to my Fashion Art & Design class - and wanted to pose with the drawings my professor did!
3 - After class, I hopped on a train and headed to NJ to do a photoshoot! Of course Donovan came with me (little perv... jumped at the opportunity to see me half naked and tied up!)

1 - Donovan was jealous of the spotlight, so Serge (my photographer - who actually shot the image in my user icon) took some pictures just of him! And I took one of Serge shooting him!
2 - On the train ride back to NYC! Us models travel in packs (I think it went to his head...)
3 - Donovan was wiped from his time in front of the camera, so he crawled into my bag till we got home. Smiley

VIDEO!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlHHui02M-g
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009 12:05:13 PM by Shelichan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Childrenswear & womenswear designer for hire in NYC!
tcha345
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2008 12:03:33 PM »

Whew! Glad Steve made it safe and sound! There's been a lot going on but Douglee Puglee is doing very well!

The first day he got here he slept pretty well. 

He also got acquainted with Horaticio. 

Douglee Puglee was watching the hockey game with me, Pens vs the Philly Flyers.

But then got distracted when I started working on my Rapunzel swap packages and wanted to help! Smiley

Douglee Puglee and I went to a place called "Games n'at" down in the South Side (Pittsburgh) and we played some games and saw a band called Racing Kites. Smiley

hung out with Elvis:

had some Jones soda:

Douglee Puglee even rocked out with the band!

The band:

More updated pictures:

Douglee Puglee has his first taste of a margarita!

Makin' cookies:

he's licking the spoon!

feedin' the horses on Thanksgiving!

« Last Edit: December 06, 2008 01:23:08 PM by tcha345 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm awesome. Smiley

I have vintage yarn that I would like to give to someone! Please send a message if you'd like to obtain it.  I have lots!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Heavenly Hush Puppies Recipe
Homemade Grilled Pizza
How to Cook a Fire Island Inspired Meal
Nearly No Fat Fudge Brownies Recipe
How to Make Perfect Pancakes
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...