A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,199
Currently Running With Scissors:
715 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Visitor Swap Round 9 Winter Vacation Gallery  (Read 23633 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lunamione
Spirit of the West

Y'know where steel wool comes from? Robot sheep!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2008 12:09:54 AM »

Reserved for: The Amazing Adventures Of Ivy The Spider Grin

Esme-Alice's Postage Receipt:

Ivy Status: SHE'S HERE!!!

Ivy officially arrived at Park Holme post office at 3:00 today
And arrived at my house today at 3:30pm
The temperature outside was: 42 degrees Celsius (really, really hot!)
Ivy with all her goodies: lollies!! the cutest little passport you will ever see in your life, American money, blankie, map and newspaper.
I think she must have gone through the Bermuda Triangle/went time traveling or something because the newspaper is dated 1912!

Upon arrival she was photographed emerging from her box (photo for scrapbook)
She was then rushed to the fridge to cool down with some icy cold fruit juice!

The she watched closely as I signed her form. (Note air conditioner turned up full blast in background)
And then watched whilst I updated her gallery (My count down to Twilight movie calendar can be seen on the wall in the background Wink)

Ivy Buying icecream from the truck that comes around every two weeks

Ivy eating the icecream

Ivy visits the farm!
Sign warning about foxes near the poultry pens

With the horses
The dark one closest to camera is mine! They are still quite wild so I couldnt get Ivy any closer with out scaring them.

The biggest tractor we own
Ivy was sitting on the seat but it wasnt a good shot because she is just out of veiw.

IVY'S BOTANIC ADVENTURES

]

NEW PICTURES!
Ivy goes to Brighton Beach:

Ivy's Road Trip to see some animals

The Big Rocking Horse
Look closely for Ivy, can you spot her??

Ivy with one of the many trucks she's been photographed with

ESME-ALICE IS HOME!
AND SHE HAS A NEW FRIEND!

A tee shirt from Forks Shocked

The little wooden box with deer on it and a dress for Esme.

This is really cool! Its from this really big 'hunting and fishing shop' that looks more like an amusement park Shocked Its a bear ornament.

Mug from FORKS! Grin

Bear charms from NW Trek

Some pictures from the calendar, flash ruins them of course but you get the idea.
 Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009 03:06:38 AM by Lunamione » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The stage is waiting. The audience thirsts for adventure. Who am I? I could be anyone. -- Rango

He just can't help being faithful and loving and kind. He's a machine made so. That's more than you can say for humans. --Isaac Asimov, i.Robot
LizzieMcGuire

loves knitting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2008 12:13:35 AM »

Roxy in Jena:

Roxy arrived today!
She travelled in this beautiful box:

She was glad to be out of her box after the long journey and started to explore my room. Here she is sitting on my spinning wheel:

On Saturday we went sightseeing:

Roxy in front of the only skyscraper in Jena

And they have already put up the Christmas tree:

A nice lady is holding Roxy so she could be in the photo. Not all people were friendly like that, people are looking at you like you're completely insane when you're taking photos of a plush cow in front of sights of the city... Cheesy

On Sunday we went for a walk and it got dark. So we took some fun pictures:

And we had a lovely view over the city from one of the mountains:

Can you spot Roxy in this picture?

It got really cold here so I wanted to make Roxy a scarf. Roxy spotted some pink yarn left over from a christmas present and loved it! Here she is admiring her new scarf:

Roxy helped me sew a christmas present. She is a very talented sewer!

We finished the present:

Roxy did a great job, didn't she? The felt cat seems to like her.

Last Friday we had snow here in Jena!

So we took the tram to the university, because it was too dangerous with the bicycle:

And we ate in the university cafeteria (of course vegetarian for Roxy, vegetarian meetballs, very tasty):

Before Christmas my parents organized a dinner for some of their friends:

Lots of scampi!

Roxy helped me to decorate the table.

And she helped with the cooking too!

After Christmas we went sightseeing in Frankfurt:

The "Eiserner Steg", a famous bridge in Frankfurt.

The river Main and some seagulls.

In the past few days we had some snow in Jena:

Lotte came back from her journey today!
Heffer Joo Bug really spoiled us:

And the scrapbook is so lovely with all the comments to each photo!

Thanks so much Heffer Joo Bug!  Grin
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009 10:16:11 AM by LizzieMcGuire » THIS ROCKS   Logged

KiwiDragons
Get it together!

Stacked Sheep. :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2008 01:26:42 AM »

Monkey is Home!
Monkey is finally back from Canada. He is such a cute little guy, I can't wait to get to know him a little better.

Monkey and all the Goodies he brought home, including a little messenger bag with extra clothes in it, chocolate, postcards, pins, tons of stuff!

Monkey brought a little Valentine home with him.

My favorite picture of Monkey in the scrapbook with a Canadian Beaver.

And even though he decided to remain in Canada, Machida had some great times while he was with turbo_mom. Here he is enjoying some awesome bananas and ice cream.

Thank you so much turbo_mom!

Chevy's Missouri Adventures

Chevy's Mini Gallery of Past Pictures

Here are some "animated" lights that I took some short videos of (uploaded to YouTube) if you want to watch.
Penguin Slide Lights
Frog Tree Lights
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009 06:50:18 PM by KiwiDragons - Reason: Monkey is Home » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists

Little Visitor Adventures
Charlie in MO
Zazie in Canada
myklia
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2008 02:45:28 AM »

Douglee Puglee (or DP if you prefer Cheesy) is back home.  This is all he came home with.

Van Gogh Art Tattoos, a sampler CD from a band (hopefully I'll be able to check it this weekend) and a fab photo album and lots of pictures.

A great Carnegie book, a little art canvas, a little hat, and a carpet of snow grow kit (I would much rather have this snow, than the snow from the sky)

Purple yarn, framed picture of DP, DP wearing a rapunzel scarf (how awesome) and cute glasses

A crocheted cloth, an ornament, and a cute carry sack for DP

Thanks so much for being an awesome partner tcha345!!! Cheesy

Reserved for Steve and Douglee Puglee. Cheesy

Wooo!!!  Finally, after a harrowing journey and troubles with the post office and the grumpy post office lady, Steve is finally in my home.  I don't think anyone is happier than Steve.  Babo and Ice Bat gave Steve a quick tour around the place.

Babo, Steve, and Ice Bat hanging out on my bed.

Then they head to the couch to chill out there with Alien Andre (named after a DJ friend of mine):

This is Babo and Ice Bat's home in my craft room.  They figure they would share it with Steve:

My blue hoodie keeping them all snugged in for the night.  As you can see, Steve is super exhausted.  Poor guy.  Hopefully in a couple of days He'll feel more himself again.

Steve has been a great guest.  I really miss Douglee Puglee and would love to know how he is doing.

November 15th:

Steve helps out at the "nice" post office sending a package to a friend and mailing the contract back:

Steve at the grocery store helping me pick out ingredients for chili:

November 16th:

Steve helps me to cook chili:

Steve falls in love with Lolly Trolley's flamingo, Nellie (awww...so sweet):

I still haven't finished his scarf yet.  He is a little antsy to get it, but understands I have had an incredibly busy day.  He has already put in a request for a second scarf.  He wants a Dr. Who scarf.  No rest for the weary. Wink

November 22nd:

Overall a quiet week as I have been busy at work and still getting over my cold and the fact that winter is here. Tongue  As for my chili, I got 5th place, Yay!!!  I did take off work on Thursday to wait for my new mattress to arrive.  While waiting, I spun up some yarn.

Here Steve helps me prepare the roving for spinning yarn.  Notice his new scarf.  Helps to keep him warm and keep his neck standing up straight.

Later in the day, Alien Andre and Steve chill out while I spin yarn.  Alien Andre provides the tunes.

Yesterday the new bed arrived and today my mom and I put the new bed together and put the new mattress on the new bed.  Now the old mattress (20 to 30 yrs old), needs to go bye bye.  This is Steve on top of the old mattress:

Steve on the new bed and mattress.  The jury is still out on the new memory foam mattress.  It is different.  Steve is unsure too.

Tomorrow Steve and I will get out of the apartment.  We will be going to a play, go out to eat somewhere, and then a movie.  Should be a good time. Cheesy

November 23rd:

So Steve and I went out on Sunday.  We went to a play with my mom, had dinner and then a movie, both with a friend.  My camera battery died midway through the day, but I think I got enough pics. Smiley

Steve by the empty ice skating rink.  To the left you see part of the city Christmas tree and in the background is where I used to work.  This is hopefully where we'll be for the city's new years eve party.  It will be super crowded then and there will be fireworks.

Steve on the breakwater.  The ice is a result of waves crashing over the breakwater and freezing.  This process was not happening the day we were there.

This is why the breakwater is one of my favorite places.  See the skyline of the city.  Yes, Steve and I were quite cold.  He stayed warm in my purse in between pictures.

Steve and the Milwaukee Art Museum in the background:

November 24th

Steve and the first snow of the season:

December 17th

The office Christmas Party:

December 23rd through 25th

Christmas at my place, then my parents, then my sisters:
My little Christmas tree:

Christmas at parents along with dinner:

My sisters tree and then him on the lap of sister's boyfriend with niece's kitty:

« Last Edit: January 30, 2009 06:52:19 PM by myklia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rira

like a good book, i can't put this day back.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008 05:51:31 AM »

MY MINI GALLLLERRRRY!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think...(Christopher Robin) 

it'll be ok in the end. if it's not OK, it isnt the end
kjlutz
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I am woman watch me grow!

Wherever you've been, He's been there

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2008 06:21:25 AM »

Sophie is currently giving me evil looks for being on Craftster and not finishing my last paper of the term, but I wanted to post some pics...

Here's Sophie chaperoning me while I try and finish my school work.

And here she is trying to bribe me to focus...

Ellie's Home... while kind of (she stayed at my Mom's for an extended vacation to help my Mom in the same way she helped Lolly Trolley)

Here's Ellie with her new found cousin and her awesomely warm scarf at my Mom's house before we came home

And here's the awesome scrapbook Lolly Trolley Sent (Ellie talked nonstop about the fun she had visiting Lolly Trolley)

(as you can see Lolly Trolley even sent extra photos in a packet)

And some of their awesome adventures:

Some awesome Little Rock Souvenirs (it's hard to see in the photo but one is a "little rock" from Little Rock... brilliant)

A sleeping Bag for Ellie and Some more souvenirs:

Thank you so much Lolly Trolley for taking such good care of Ellie, and being a wonderful partner.  I am so happy Ellie was able to help you out through a rough time, and this awesome little elephant is now doing the same for my Mom (thank you so much for giving me this idea as Ellie has been providing my Mom some great comfort right now).
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009 08:11:30 AM by kjlutz » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes you get to change the world, and other times the world changes you.

Currently drowning in the sea called PhD.

Interested in swapping for I-Spy Quilt Squares and Scraps.
Destined To Fail
Craftster Duo!

2 heads are better than 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2008 07:14:51 AM »

Hunni left for her vacation!!!

Nov. 7

Before departing, she wanted to make sure she looked her best for beckashell, so a trip to the salon was in order!

Nov. 8

After we said our goodbyes *kiss kiss*, Hunni packed up & headed out!

Have fun Hunni!!! We'll miss you! Kiss Kiss

Nov. 13

Gus has arrived!!! After his long trip & despite being somewhat crushed into our mailbox, he is here safe & sound! It also seems that 2 little koalas snuck into his envelope!!!

Gus was quite hungry after such a journey, so we made him his favorite meal, mac & cheese (aka. Kraft Dinner here in Canada). Once he was all filled up, he was feeling very playful & tried to get his new friend Key to join in the fun, but she was to busy relaxing! When he got tuckered out, we snuggled Gus up in bed, so he could get a good rest...he'll need his energy this weekend; we have got some big plans!!!
 Smiley Smiley Smiley

Nov. 16

Today we all attended the Toronto Santa Claus Parade!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley Of course, our camera battery died after the first pic we took, so we were not able to get shots of all the spectacular floats & costumes!
 Angry Angry
Here is Gus as Alice & the Mad Hatter make their way down the street:

Gus really enjoyed himself though & was thrilled at the sight of Santa!!! Afterward, we warmed up at home with a nice cup of hot chocolate w/ homemade marshmallows!

Nov. 24

We had planned to take Gus shopping & sightseeing, but our trip was cut short by rain. Sad Sad Sad Managed to get a couple pics of Gus in Queen's Park before we all had to retreat back home to get dry!

Nov. 31

Our Christmas tree is now in full-effect!!!! We all spent the day decorating & little Gus was a BIG help!

Now he is really excited to see what Santa will leave him!!!

Dec. 10

We received our contract back today! Hunni also sent us a post card along with a paper craft of a frilled neck lizard who manages to look ferocious & happy at the same time!!! So cute! Smiley Smiley

Jan. 19

Did some sightseeing today, but was it ever cold...& snowy!!! Fortunately we stopped in at Alan Gardens to see some exotic plants & trees where it was toasty warm! We also checked out some landmarks & had a look in the back alleys around Queen St. to see what new graffiti has gone up. Smiley Smiley Smiley

Feb. 13

Hunni has returned from her vacation along with tons of cool stuff!!! Grin Grin

An awesome notepad, 2 souvenir shot glasses, a mini sombrero, Santa hat, an antenna ball, pipecleaner Santa, Macy's button (Hunni also is wearing an "I <3 NY" button), Sheryl Crow Xmas CD (from The Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno), pic of Hunni, 2 T-shirts, & of course her scrapbook of her trip & what a trip it was!!! beckashell took Hunni on an amazing adventure across the U.S. She visited all sorts of interesting places such as NYC, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Hollywood, the Grand Canyon, & so much more!!! Shocked Shocked Here are some of our favorite pages:

w/ Queen Latifah's star (possibly our most fav page)! Cheesy Cheesy

Thanx so much beckashell for including Hunni in your absolutely amazing adventure!!!!!! Smiley Smiley Hope Gus isn't too upset that he missed it all. *BIG KISSES* from Hunni Kiss She says she's really going to miss you!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009 07:34:14 AM by Destined To Fail » THIS ROCKS   Logged

W
             WWWWW
    W      WWWWW        W
WWW   WWWWW    WWW
WWW   WWWWW    WWW
   WWW    WWW    WWW
     WWW  WWW  WWW
           WWWWWWW
      WWWW  |  WWWW
                      |
                      |
Colourful Daze
Flying with the Faeries

Living, loving and creating in the Faerie Forest!

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2008 07:31:28 AM »

Hmmm, what could this be?

The gang snatched it from me:

and then, ELLIE started to emerge, But WAIT! A mouse!! Poor Roger, he was sad he scared her!

So, he thought he would wait until maybe she might not be scared of him and everyone else was hugging and kissing her anyway:

The impish Faerie was trying to keep Ellie for herself, she was so happy to see her:

but the rest of the gang had yet to welcome Ellie:

Ellie was tired from her long trip but she had one more surprise waiting for her and it was a biggie:

Who is this that knows one of Ellie's favorite foods?Huh

Apparently, they are long lost cousins and Oscar will be going home with Ellie, he is overjoyed to have found her and doesn't intend to lose his family ever again!!!

SATURDAY, November 14th,2008
Arriving at the duck pond:

Look Mom, new friend!

Look what we found, goose eggs!!
Mom, Canada Geese!! Smiley

On our way out of the park, this is a very pretty place.

I have been sick this week with a lovely cold so Ellie and I haven't been able to get out. I crocheted Ellie a neck warmer for when we do get out:

(Not sure why there is a line in this photo)
g
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008 10:02:01 AM by Lolly Trolley » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cocorific

Happiness will always be a napping skunk...

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2008 07:47:54 AM »

The Super Gallery of Super Monkey

Friday, November 7th Lilac has officially left the house!!   Cheesy

Thursday, November 13th  Super Monkey Arrived! 

Sorry for the blur, had to use my phone!  There was a slight incident when they were posing for this pic!  SM decided he would take a quick fly-a-bout and there is a very funny pic of L reaching up to find out what happened.

The sweet little guy brought me a gift (and some goodies)!  Loops, this is gorgeous! You do nice work and the colours are perfect for me!
We are excited about his arrival and he is currently hanging out in my dracenea plant!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008 03:50:10 PM by cocorific - Reason: Add pics of Super Monkey » THIS ROCKS   Logged

R.I.P. my sweet little stinker....
Tux
1/20/09
ckchan
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2008 08:48:14 AM »

Sam's Back!!!
I received Sam last weekend and I've been busy with moving.  I have finally found some time to upload my pics of all the goodness!!!

Here's some goodies Sam received from Christmas and vacation time:

Here's some more goodies from Sam's trip:

I got a Undi Run shirt.  Sam brought home a friend too, a very pretty black apple doll. 

Here's the cover of Sam's scrapbook, which I love!!  I love how different it is.

Some pages that I love.  They are from the undi run, botanical garden, and drinkdrankdrunk's 21st birthday!!

Thank you drinkdrankdrunk for being such a great host!!!

Galvin's Visit With ckchan

***Random Pics***

*Thanksgiving*
Galvin's new friend over Thanksgiving.  Meet Howdy Bear:

*Christmas*
Galvin's only taste of Christmas tree.  We didn't have one in our apartment because we're so cramped for space.  Sad

*New Year's Eve*
Galvin is having a little drink:

***Nov. 16th***

Welcome to Arizona sign!

***Nov. 15th ***

Dim Sum with family

Fishies at the supermarket

***Nov. 14th - Road Trip to Visit Grandma!***

Inspection station we passed before getting into California

*** Nov. 11th ***

Galvin decided to play the crane game while we waited for breakfast burritos before work. 

*** Nov. 9th ***

Watching the road while fiance drove us back to Kansas City airport.

*** Nov. 7th - Visiting Kansas! ***

Welcome to Kansas City!

Visiting Kansas State University Campus

Playing in the piles of leaves on Campus.  I told him that he wouldn't see this in Tucson, so he decided that he would play at this time.

***Nov. 6th 2008***

Galvin arrives!

Galvin meeting the fiance.  I think he was giving him a love bite? 

Galvin's first meal with me!  Sushi!!

« Last Edit: February 07, 2009 03:13:25 PM by ckchan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. "

I'm a roller derby girl! 

Wists: http://www.wists.com/ckchan
My New Blog!!: http://bobango.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 28 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Customize Melt-and-Pour Soap
How to Knit the Purl Stitch
How to Make a Snowy Candle Lantern
How to Make a Handmade Paper Envelope
How to Knit the Stockinette Stitch
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...