A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,514
Currently Running With Scissors:
652 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wedding Square**NOW W/ PATTERN!!**  (Read 1598 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nfirehazzard

Purple monkey dishwashers!!!

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2008 06:38:54 PM »

So a VERY good friend of mine is getting married in 2010, once he's done serving in Iraq. So I decided to take on an epic afghan of doom, just bc he's been that awesome to me. ( He actually payed for MY wedding! We eloped in NY.) So after much work and help from fellow crafter DesignVigilante, I finally got this great pattern for a square I had stuck in my head, made. YAY!You can follow our process here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=277230.0 . And now, I present to you our master piece. Let me know what you think. I still have to write down the pattern, but I should have it up shortly.
Front:

Back and unweaved ends:

P.S. I also modded my idea from this pattern in combo with DV's pattern update.
http://www.geocities.com/cdjsimon/waldos_puzzle.html
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008 08:07:20 PM by nfirehazzard » THIS ROCKS   Logged
fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008 06:48:03 PM »

That is so neat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008 06:59:26 PM »

Wow that looks way better than mine LOL but I'm glad i could provide the jumping off point for that, it looks fabulous and its going to make a super cute wedding afghan! Grin Are you going to post the adjustments to my pattern so i could try it again? lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
nfirehazzard

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008 08:05:28 PM »

Pattern:

First circle:
(I used the magic circle technique, but you could just do the following)
Chain 35. Sl st into beginning chain to make a circle. Chain 2 and DC all the way around. Join to top stitch of beginning ch 2. End.

Second Circle:
Chain 35. Put chain through first circle and then join chain to make second circle. Chain 2 and DC all the way around. Join to top stitch of beginning ch 2. End.

First Row:
Join second color to any back loop of a DC. Continue working in back loops. Sc in same space and in following 4 dc. Ch 5, skip 2 dc and sc 5. Do next 5 sc in the second circle. Ch 5 , skip 2 dc and then sc 10. Again chain 5, skip 2 dc, then 5dc. Before joining to first circle, count backwards from first sc made in first circle and join in 12th stitch. Afterwards you should be able to continue pattern by making 4 more sc, ch 5 skip 2 dc and finally sc 5. Join to first sc.

Second Row:
Chain 2, count as 1 dc. Now work pattern even, until you reach corner and then do 2dc,ch 2, 2dc. Continue around and join to top stitch of ch2.

Third Row:
Chain 1, and sc in same space. Work pattern even, until you reach corner, do 3sc. Continue around and join to first sc.

Fourth Row:
Chain 2, Count as 1 dc. Work pattern even, until corner, in 2nd sc of corner group do 2dc, ch2, 2dc. Continue around and join to top stitch of ch 2. End.

Fifth Row:
Join first color. And work sc all around, working corner with 1sc, ch2, 1sc.

Done and Done! Hope fully this is clear enough for everyone, but if its not, let me know. Happy Hooking! *smiles*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Esjay82
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008 08:10:50 PM »

aww great! i read ur question on the dicussion and questions section.. i'm so glad u were able to work it out!!  Grin thanks for posting the pattern too!

we have friends getting married next year and i want to make them an afghan... i'm thinking smaller sofa blnaket type size.. but i've decided i want to make it up from squares that have 'wedding' or 'romantic' themes. u know just like this one! awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dancechica
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2008 06:52:29 AM »

I love that!!! Seriously it is beautiful!  I can't wait to see the finished afghan.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RepentantAngel
Empress of the World At Large

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008 11:11:21 AM »

This is so incredibly beautiful. I'd love to recieve something like this on my wedding day. The couple is very blessed to have someone who cares enough about them not only to make, but to design something this exquisite for them!

I can't wait to see the finished piece!!

R.A.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some people have midnight snacks.
I have midnight amigurumis. ^_^

www.yarncreations.wordpress.com

"Oh, Ackbar. You dumb, dumb, dumb fish man."
---My boyfriend
JennCloud
Alice's Chains

OMG...WTF?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008 01:36:50 PM »

Beautiful!! So unique! I guess that's one good thing about having a LOT of time until someone's wedding...the gifts can be spectacular! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Jenn
Curiouser and curiouser!
nfirehazzard

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008 08:10:42 PM »

Beautiful!! So unique! I guess that's one good thing about having a LOT of time until someone's wedding...the gifts can be spectacular! Cheesy
Lol, Thanks! I dont know why, but I've been bitten by the yarn bug, and im taking on like 7 projects all at once. I dont really know which direction I'm going to go with on this blanket, but I too am hoping it will be spectacular. Trust me, its true what they say, "You are your own worst critic."
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Easy Steps to a Flawless At-Home Fake Tan
Jin Soon for Tibi Nail Polish Review
Top 3 Back To School Hairstyles
Your Body Acne May Not Be What You Think!
Fight Wrinkles With Just One Key Ingredient!
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...