A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,587
Currently Running With Scissors:
639 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Collaged and Printed Birthday Cardies!  (Read 1425 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FinDPartie

gaudeamus igitur, iuvenes dum sumus

View Profile WWW
« on: March 05, 2005 11:46:48 PM »

Whee! My grandma's turning 81 next week and i had to make her a card. i love collage, but i tend to use vogue magazine, as its the only thing i have lying around beside myriad textbooks, so i had to use the grandma-iest things i could find in it. it worked, though, and even makes sense, because my little sister has straight brown hair and green eyes, and i have wavy blonde hair and blue eyes, so that picture was perfect to be us, and the rest of the generic prettiness works with it. The other card, for no one in particular, features some Neil Diamond lyrics (so cool, i know) i swiped and used my printer to put onto a magazine page. just a word of caution: the ink tends to bubble up and not dry on glossy pages, so i used a pencil eraser to take the finish off the page so it would take. it worked well, especially since faded jeans naturally look hot. hope you all like!

« Last Edit: January 04, 2010 11:29:35 AM by rackycoo - Reason: to fix images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I've never been certain whether the moral of the Icarus story should only be, as is generally accepted, "Don't try to fly too high," or whether it might also be thought of as, 'Forget the wax and feathers and do a better job on the wings.'" -- Stanley Kubrick
crazy_bc_jen
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005 11:39:32 PM »

I love the blue jeans card!  And that Neil Diamond quotes is one of my favourites.  Not that I'm a big Neil Diamond fan.. no.. of course not?  Okay, I admit it, he's one of my favourite singers... and that card just simply rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
daizyblue
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005 04:56:08 PM »

I love the idea of taking the "gloss" off magazine pages, I never thought of that before!! Very smart. They both look great! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i'll be post feminist in the post-patriarchy..
FinDPartie

gaudeamus igitur, iuvenes dum sumus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005 11:05:38 PM »

cousin's birthday this time. ok, i just love making cards. the wording didn't come out very well on the card, but its lyrics to the who's baba oreilly. She's turning 20, like i just did, so we're celebrating our escape from teenage wasteland as a consolation for getting old.

and the envelope.

xenon
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010 04:43:58 PM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I've never been certain whether the moral of the Icarus story should only be, as is generally accepted, "Don't try to fly too high," or whether it might also be thought of as, 'Forget the wax and feathers and do a better job on the wings.'" -- Stanley Kubrick
celadon
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005 08:48:02 AM »

Wow! These are great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fury Book Series by Elizabeth Miles
The Smartest Kids in the World and How They Got That Way
Running Like A Girl by Alexandra Heminsley
5 Steps to Becoming a Runner
Mary Higgins Clark: What Are You Reading?
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...