A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,693
Currently Running With Scissors:
765 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: GALLERY Hayao Miyazaki/ Studio Ghibli Swap MAIL BY (11/12/08)  (Read 7008 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tigarlilly

Animal Crossing = <3

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2008 01:18:30 AM »

wow!!!! Shocked tigarlilly.... those crafts are BEAUTIFUL!!!! i love everything!!! your partner is sooo lucky!  Grin i especially love that turniphead bag, totoro stuffie, the coin purses & the studio ghibli pouch!!!!! <--- that was so good, did you stencil it? great job. theyre so professional!!! they look awesome! well done!  Cheesy oh yeah i do that too.. go in with my friend and she expects to be 10 minutes... ha! cool that swap sounds fun, the way the birthday swap works confuses me a little though  Roll Eyes i read about it, its a really cool way of swapping.. id never heard of it before! lol.  Embarrassed

Thank you! They're really not that great close up. sooo many stitching mishaps, lol. I redid a few things like 3 times over cause of my horrible stitching.  And the ghibli pouch I free hand. I just looked at a picture online and used my tube of fabric paint directly on it real quick so I could have something to put some of the small items in. esp the pin cushion cause it has 7 pins in it. (the little dots on his belly are actually pins.) I didn't want them to poke her when she got it. (I also put some tape over it too just in case. Didn't want any pins to fall out and poke! I hope it worked. I forgot to ask.) Thanks for the compliment. Cheesy I was kinda nervous. This was my first swap in a long time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LilFiney

Wishing for Summer.

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2008 05:53:34 AM »

Tigarlily... WOW!  Amazing job!!  Now I know why Medli was so excited when she received.  She said she had to do a paper last night or study, so she was waiting to put up pictures.  So don't worry, I am SURE she loves all of it!! 

Harvey -  don't worry about your anxiety.  Remember, so far almost everyone that has pictures up have sent above and beyond the SWAP requirements. 

We will be crafting based on the points system. The minimum requirement for this swap will be 5 points. Partners can decide amongst themselves to send more than the minimum. Here are the point values:
3 points: Large=3+ crafting hours
2 points: Medium=2-3 crafting hours
1 point: Small=2 crafting hours or less

Ex.  One large and Two Smalls would fulfill the requirement of the swap.

So, if you follow the requirements, you will get positive feedback.  I know some people are doing extras, above and beyond, like Trisha2010 and I are.  We did a HP side swap as well.  So, I barely sent any smalls in my package.  Almost all of my stuff are HUGE projects (but only like 3 things).  One of them took me about 10+ hours and tons of supplies to do... so yeah.  It really just depends.  ANYWAYS, point of story.  DO NOT have anxiety.  This is about being creative.  Hope that helps!   Wink

ANYWAYS, on another sad note.  we potentially have another FLAKER.  amybarnett and I have had a miscommunication.  I had noticed her partner was not posting in the forum or messaging me... but amybarnett kept in great communication, so I thought they must be discussing things among themselves.  I checked last  night and (eep!) her partner has not been ON craftster since she signed up for the SWAP.   Huh

Is anyone interested in angeling??  I have emailed her partner to see if she forgot/whatever.  If  I do not hear from her, an angel might be needed.  Amybarnnet has already sent her package so a swap of what she already made may  not be possible, unless her package is returned.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avoiding homework one stitch at a time....
jukeboxheroine
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2008 06:40:15 AM »

Oh my gosh. This is just too awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amybarnett
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2008 08:11:47 AM »

Turnip head! Oh I like that bag. every thing is so nice so far.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cursive_queen
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2008 12:28:15 PM »

Wow those are great!  I can't help it,  I have some swap anxiety now, that maybe mine isnt good enough.  Ive never swapped before.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shdwstrm
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2008 12:55:09 PM »

I'll angel for amybarnett.  I'm just adding final touches to my stuff for my partner (the one part of a project that I thought wasn't gonna take too long to do has taken sooooo many hours of me sitting on my bed handsewing... I'm kinda grateful for the few days off from work I've had)

I have no other swaps on the go besides this so I'll gladly continue making more Ghibli stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafty Gal
tigarlilly

Animal Crossing = <3

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2008 01:13:03 PM »

So, if you follow the requirements, you will get positive feedback.  I know some people are doing extras, above and beyond, like Trisha2010 and I are.  We did a HP side swap as well.  So, I barely sent any smalls in my package.  Almost all of my stuff are HUGE projects (but only like 3 things).  One of them took me about 10+ hours and tons of supplies to do... so yeah.  It really just depends.  ANYWAYS, point of story.  DO NOT have anxiety.  This is about being creative.  Hope that helps!   Wink

I made a few extra things cause mines really not the best quality. The stuffie is large in size but it's really just two big pieces of fuzzy felt sewed together and then smaller pieces sewed to that. Bigger items are easier for me to sew together esp when you have to turn things inside out. (I have sooo much trouble doing that to tiny things.) Also I just had a ton of free time on my hands, so I kept whipping up smalls out of boredom.
I'm sure everyones things are wonderful! I can't wait to see everything! Cheesy

Sorry to hear about amybarnett being flaked on. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TwistMySister
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2008 06:22:00 PM »

Tigerlilly: lol yeah alot of my stitching comes out crap, and my embroidery isn't too flash either! yeah i didnt end up finishing a pair of oven mitts i was making for antler_girl cause i hated my sewing on it! i couldnt stand it lol so i just dumped it in another corner of my room.  Roll Eyes whoa the ghibli was free hand?! thats so awesome!! talented!! haha  Grin  aww cute they were pins! nice job, i love it  Wink same ive just got back into swapping,  and this was the first one i picked!

and.. oh no!  Sad amybarnett so sorry to hear youve been flaked on! ..but thankfully you have a very generous angel!!  Grin ..did you take pics of what you had crafted?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/On-The-Front-Line/175858075802771

http://www.etsy.com/shop/OnTheFrontLine
amybarnett
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2008 08:03:57 PM »

yeah! I took lots of pics of the stuff I made. Maybe she will still send out though......
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LilFiney

Wishing for Summer.

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2008 09:18:51 PM »

Trisha2010 got her package!!  She is currently camera-less (new one is coming) so she asked me to post pics.  I only took a "general" shot of the one package and wayyyy more of our side swap (which was Harry Potter).

Large:  Calcifer -  he is made like a stuffie, but not stuffing.  On his back he has a zipper and an eyelet.  he is a "yarn cozy" i guess.  put your ball of yarn inside and pull the end out of the eyelet.  That way the yarn doesn't roll all around room or kitties can take off with it mid project.

Medium:  she had a baby ohm on her WIST, so I figured out a pattern and tried to make one!!  He actually turned out pretty cute!  My husband agreed it was an ohm.  Grin

Small:  a Totorro scarf.  The Totorro is stitched on fleece.  They are SUPER warm in the winter, and this way she can have some Ghibli pride w/o it being too flashy.

Extra:  a notebook cover that I started.  It was to be Howl's moving castle, but my castle looked more like a pumpkin on legs (or a chicken bending over), anyways, I got Trisha's package, got some serious SWAP anxiety, and instead of finishing the notebook cover, I sent her the supplies I bought for it and went overboard on our side swap.

Harry Potter Side Swap:  (My current pride and joy)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Avoiding homework one stitch at a time....
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Martha Stewart Shows How to Make a Felted Heart Scarf
Martha Stewart Shows How to Make Paper Heart Cutouts
Martha Stewart Shows How to Make Kids Valentine Cards
Martha Stewart Shows How to Make Felt Fortune Cookie
How to Make Heart-Decorated Pillar Candles
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...