A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,388
Currently Running With Scissors:
725 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Surf 'n Turf Poncho & Face Motif Poncho -With Pics! Newbie post!  (Read 2777 times)
Tags for this thread: chart , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

skullseamstress
Tutorial Contributor

Entrepreneur Crafter

We can't stop here! This is bat country!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: March 05, 2005 09:27:12 PM »

Hi there, I'm kinda new to this place, but I must say I love it!  I've been really wanting to make some Crochet stuff with skulls and bats on them and stuff! What a great place to discuss and be inspired!
Here's my latest project... finished very late last night....

Today, I'm showing a Birthday present I finished at 2AM last night (yeah, that's late for me, haha) that I made for my Mommy! But, alas, no skulls this time, she prefers 'nicer' stuff. So, I came up with this pattern and design.  It's based on a poncho that I had made before, here's that one...

I got the idea of the motif [ the face one ] from a lady at the supermarket who had a knitted sweater with this pattern on it. I scribbled it on the back of my receipt furtively, and some months later, found a good application for it. I placed the motif on a grid (in exell, I'm real high tech, haha) and converted it to crochet.  The waves and trees are completely original. I'm really pleased with my budding ability to design what i want to make in crochet!

I'm entirely willing to share the color pattern motifs with anyone who would like them.

Also, I'm looking around for a similar motif, a bat motif.  I want to make a rug for my bedroom with a big bat on it, about 30 x 45 stitches.  Anyone already have one conveniently mapped out?  Grin

And this is a little example of how I wish color patterns were more precise in crochet. ( I know, I know, if I love color patterns so much, I need to learn to knit... sigh ) I used a black fabric pen to black out the offending bits. Shown before and after in this pic.

Ok, Well, that's all for today.....   I welcome any and all critiques and ideas!

-SkullSeamstress
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010 01:05:21 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MopTopStumptown
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2005 12:09:50 AM »

i simply am in love with your tree pattern... call it the oregonian in me.  Roll Eyes  can you offer a "how-to" pattern for that, please?  it's great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skullseamstress
Tutorial Contributor

Entrepreneur Crafter

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005 09:48:47 AM »

Sure thing!  Actually, The story behind the Poncho is that My Mom and I used to live on the Oregon Coast, and we loved it, and Now she's moved to the Oregon High Desert and She loves it there too! So these were created as Oregon Trees Specifically!  Smiley  Here's the chart...  Dang, it looks real small now... Oh well... There's a bigger one at      http://www.geocities.com/chandellyid/TreesPanel2.jpg  

The grey line is the mid point of the work. I had to mark the midpoint on my half-finished poncho, and position the panel that way.......

« Last Edit: February 07, 2010 06:09:35 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
skullseamstress
Tutorial Contributor

Entrepreneur Crafter

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005 08:50:17 PM »

« Last Edit: February 07, 2010 06:10:15 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ithnkuno
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2005 06:37:22 AM »

You should submit that to Debbie Stoller for the new Crochet book! Those are great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.monkeyandme.etsy.com
http://www.myspace.com/ithnkuno
"every child is born an artist, the challenge is how to remain an artist when they grow up." picasso
MopTopStumptown
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005 01:06:45 PM »

Sure thing! Actually, The story behind the Poncho is that My Mom and I used to live on the Oregon Coast, and we loved it, and Now she's moved to the Oregon High Desert and She loves it there too! So these were created as Oregon Trees Specifically! Smiley

i knew they looked like douglas fir trees!  that's great!  Cheesy  i can't wait to finish my current projects and move onto a forest project, thank you so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waterbaby
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2005 04:15:42 PM »

Their all beautiful---thanks for sharing your wonderful work (and the grids, too)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
skullseamstress
Tutorial Contributor

Entrepreneur Crafter

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005 11:13:55 AM »

Well, the jury (my Mom) is in, she really likes it! All her friends want one now... oh man....  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Add a Video Placeholder in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Format Thumbnail Text in Photoshop
How to Add Thumbnail Images in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Add a Shadow Effect in Photoshop CS3
How to Insert and Modify a Text in Adobe Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...